ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Talked to Norm Stewart today
rabblerouser 10:58 AM 12-10-2019
No lie, he was in front of me at FedEx/Kinkos today. I had to print a label for an eBay return and my printer is out of black ink.

Coach was printing off his annual Christmas letters. He was extremely gracious and I wished him a Merry Christmas.

He's looking pretty good considering all the health issues he's dealt with over the years.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:32 AM 12-10-2019
Did you tell him, “Sit Down, Norm!” ?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:17 PM 12-10-2019
Im a KU guy...but I have alot of respect for Norm. MU lucky to have him in their history.
[Reply]
SuperChief 12:28 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
No lie, he was in front of me at FedEx/Kinkos today. I had to print a label for an eBay return and my printer is out of black ink.
What is it, 1996?
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:32 PM 12-10-2019
NORM!!!

He was great on Cheers!
[Reply]
crispystl 12:43 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
What is it, 1996?

People still use printers dude. We do not have virtual shipping labels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:01 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
People still use printers dude. We do not have virtual shipping labels.
This is accurate.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:27 PM 12-10-2019
Did u blow him?
[Reply]
xbarretx 01:37 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Did u blow him?
hope not... because then this thread IS useful WITHOUT pics.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:27 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Did you tell him, “Sit Down, Norm!” ?
DAMMIT - beat me to it! :-)
[Reply]
Kman34 02:32 PM 12-10-2019
Norm is a cool dude...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 12-10-2019
Interesting.

I've had very limited interactions with him and they've been mostly superficial (random fundraisers and a bank event or two), but most folks that deal with him on a routine basis in Columbia think he's pretty much a haughty, entitled dick.

And, I mean, I kinda get it. Dude's been royalty in this town for the last half-century. You can be as grounded as anyone in the world and sooner or later you're gonna end up dropping "do you know who I am?" when you've had rose petals thrown at your feet for decades.

General consensus is that Pinkel's a sort of rough-hewn guy but also damn genuine and pretty likeable meanwhile Norm...isn't. But I suppose everyone will have their own experiences.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:30 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
General consensus is that Pinkel's a sort of rough-hewn guy but also damn genuine and pretty likeable meanwhile Norm...isn't. But I suppose everyone will have their own experiences.
Pinkel's a good guy. I run into him all the time here at the Lake.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:41 PM 12-10-2019
I was a camera man for his weekly TV show during basketball season back around 1982 and 1983. He wouldn't remember me, I was just one of the crew guys. But I did get to say hello to him about four or five years ago walking into Mizzou Arena for a game. He went inside right before me. Norm was one Hell of a great coach, and a great athlete at Mizzou too. Basketball and Baseball. A true son.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:42 PM 12-10-2019
When Warren Powers was football coach, he used to get blotto at the Country Club of Missouri a lot. I know this because one of my room mates in a house I lived in was a waiter there and often had to refuse to serve him.
[Reply]
Up