ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Who here has an Amazon Wife that wants a chainsaw for Christmas?
Holladay 01:43 AM 12-08-2019
She wants/needs a chainsaw. She always asks me to start them for her. I have 2 Stihls: MS 250 and a MS 290 both 18" blades. I love my Stihl saws.

But can be hard to start if the choke is not set right. They can be finicky.

Do I get her a small Stihl, or another brand, with the "easy start" saw or a battery operated one?

I am thinking that battery saw is only for cutting twigs. She wants to cut 2-4" stuff without me starting the thing.

I think she needs something light (she was a trooper today running the 290) that is easy to start yet is powerful.

Again, not for 8-16" trees.

Ideas?
[Reply]
Holladay 02:25 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by :
Is this the same one you complained about mentally abusing you thread after thread?

Certainly after all you disclosed this is a new wife, right? ....RIGHT?!?!

Yup...same wife. All wives mentally abuse you. Am I right? The marriages that last have hard times. But I don't give up. Stubborn is my middle name.

You are very astute. You have the same memory as my wife. How the hell do you remember this crap! I have 1600 posts in 19 years...and you remember this stuff??

Hats off to you.

That all said...what other wife do you want that is a Lumberjack??

Marriage is hard.

On the other hand.

Very nice info on CP as to chainsaws.

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:07 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Yup...same wife. All wives mentally abuse you. Am I right?
No, you are not right.
[Reply]
limested 03:15 PM 12-08-2019
Battery operated are freaking awesome. Just make sure you have spare battery and quick charger.
[Reply]
Holladay 12:04 AM 12-10-2019
Just bought this.

Originally Posted by :
Greenworks Tools Gw 40v 16" Chainsaw 20312
Greenworks G-MAX 40V Brushless Cordless Chainsaw
Greenworks G-MAX 40V Brushless Cordless Chainsaw - G-MAX cordless battery powered chainsaw features 16 In. Oregon bar and chain cuts up to 30 In. logs. Brushless motor technology delivers greater performance with up to 100 cuts on a single charge, 30% more torque, and 70% less vibration. Chain brake and low kickback chain for safety. Tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments. Includes: G-Max 40V 4Ah lithium-ion battery, charger, soft carrying bag, and owner's manual. - Bar Length: 16 In., Voltage: 40V, Battery Type: Lithium Ion, Ampere Hour: 4 Ah, Color: Green/Black, Weight: 10.3 Lb., Pkg Qty: 1, Package Type: Box

40v 4Ah G-Max battery for $263 includes 1 battery and charger.

Bought another battery for $100. Need to make sure all the batteries are compatible. Green Works have nice reviews...not the greatest but if it is okay and can be used for other tools, I am in. The biggest issue is being able to use the same batteries for multiple tools. I have Ridge for my hand tools. It looks like I will be using Green Works for my larger implements.

Next is this:

Once you get a couple of batteries, the rest of the items run around $200. I saw 40v 4 Ah G-Max batteries going for $200+ on ebay.
[Reply]
Holladay 12:51 AM 12-10-2019
https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...hainsaw/10337/

Dunno

Again, like my Ridge stuff, I like to have things that run off the same battery. With future tools I want to buy for the property, this seemed like the first step to judge with minimal price concerns.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:22 AM 12-10-2019
She wants/needs a chainsaw. She always asks me to start them for her. I have 2 Stihls: MS 250 and a MS 290 both 18" blades. I love my Stihl saws.

But can be hard to start if the choke is not set right. They can be finicky.

Do I get her a small Stihl, or another brand, with the "easy start" saw or a battery operated one?

I am thinking that battery saw is only for cutting twigs. She wants to cut 2-4" stuff without me starting the thing.

I think she needs something light (she was a trooper today running the 290) that is easy to start yet is powerful.

Again, not for 8-16" trees.

Ideas?
Get her a used Stihl
[Reply]
srvy 09:01 AM 12-10-2019
Review after you she uses it a bit. Oh and get her some power saw chaps those eat right through heavy jeans because the tork. Picture of her in the chaps optional.
[Reply]
burt 09:27 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Delano:
Ashow her how to use it. They’re pretty simple but I can see how the half choke can throw some people off.

Oh, and make sure she wears safety chaps, but it’s up to you if she wears anything underneath.
My SO prefers a 3/4 choke... says it's right up there with pulling her hair whilst entering from behind.....

We tend to go chapless.
[Reply]
Holladay 09:00 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by :
My SO prefers a 3/4 choke... says it's right up there with pulling her hair whilst entering from behind.....

We tend to go chapless.
CP never fails to deliver:-)
[Reply]
Holladay 09:19 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by :
Get her a used Stihl
I thought about that. I love me Stihls. But they don't translate to be able to use the same battery on another 25 implements for the future.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:38 PM 12-10-2019
And you don't like Milwaukee when your basement floods buy a weedeater LOL

I thought about that. I love me Stihls. But they don't translate to be able to use the same battery on another 25 implements for the future.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up