ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 351 of 2688
« First < 251301341347348349350351 3523533543553614014518511351 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 10:28 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
August 11th can't get here soon enough.

I haven't looked forward to preseason since Marty's first year or Montana/Allen's first year.
Gonna be a good birthday present for me.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:29 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
QB makes the OLine??? :-)
Matt Cassel was sacked 47 times in 2008 (the most). Are you saying NE had the worst offensive line?
[Reply]
Priest31kc 11:13 AM 08-01-2017
Chiefs O-Line was tied with Oakland for least amount of pressures allowed last year, and 3rd in least amount of pressure allowed on 3rd down. We also kept our TEs and RBs in pass protection the least in the league...

It was our run blocking that took a dip last year from previous years, but our pass protection was great.

I mean, Alex 50 sacks a year Smith was only sacked 28 times last year. Mahomes will have pass protection & weapons around him when it's his time to start. And the running game should be back to what were used to.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
The OL was actually good at pass blocking last year.
Indeed. But true fans will always blame the OL before the QB if the offense isn't scoring.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 11:22 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Indeed. But true fans will always blame the OL before the QB if the offense isn't scoring.
Yep. They've been doing that since the Cassel days.

It's like if our OLine isn't the 2002-2005 OLine than it's terrible.

They don't understand the concept that the QB can make an OLine look better or worse than it is. They fail to recognize somehow that QBs like Alex can hold onto the ball too long, not recognize a blitz he shouldve picked up, or panic and run from pressure that's not really there, or run INTO pressure, which makes it look like the OLine's fault They think a team HAS to have a Top 5 OLine in order for the QB to succeed.

It's like they don't watch any other QBs or OLines in the league. Or they're too blinded by our Top 3 of all time OLine from 02-05 and watching bad to mediocre at best QBs in KC their whole life.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:27 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Chiefs O-Line was tied with Oakland for least amount of pressures allowed last year, and 3rd in least amount of pressure allowed on 3rd down. We also kept our TEs and RBs in pass protection the least in the league...

It was our run blocking that took a dip last year from previous years, but our pass protection was great.

I mean, Alex 50 sacks a year Smith was only sacked 28 times last year. Mahomes will have pass protection & weapons around him when it's his time to start. And the running game should be back to what were used to.
Smith had one of the fastest releases last year. If you are being honest, Smith probably helped the OL's sack stats.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:30 AM 08-01-2017
I get so tired of the term "True fans" being thrown around here like it's an insult. I would say that 90% of the posters on here are true fans, including myself. A true fan follows their team closely. watches the draft, follows training camp, and actually knows something about the players on the team. They root for the team to be successful, and to win a championship. You hater's think that you are the only one's that are right and if they support the team despite the fact that it doesn't fit YOUR vision, that they are blind homers. Get over yourself Jackass! You are a shitty fan. Don't try to insult everyone else to make you look right. Because, as always, you are wrong, wrong, wrong.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I get so tired of the term "True fans" being thrown around here like it's an insult.
It is. Those people are buffoons who will suck off anything in a red helmet.

You are a recovering True Fan. You have done well to learn your lessons, though it took longer for you than some.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 11:37 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Smith had one of the fastest releases last year. If you are being honest, Smith probably helped the OL's sack stats.
I'm sure Alex has one of the fastest releases every year, yet he was still sacked 50 times a year, panicked over phantom pressure, held onto the ball too long, etc..

I don't think he just got better at all that in his 12th season. Let's give credit to an OLine that improved from middle of the pack to one of the best in pass protection.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:39 AM 08-01-2017
I'm sure Alex has one of the fastest releases every year, yet he was still sacked 50 times a year, panicked over phantom pressure, held onto the ball too long, etc..
Alex Smith was sacked 28 times last year but continue on
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:39 AM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I get so tired of the term "True fans" being thrown around here like it's an insult. I would say that 90% of the posters on here are true fans, including myself. A true fan follows their team closely. watches the draft, follows training camp, and actually knows something about the players on the team. They root for the team to be successful, and to win a championship. You hater's think that you are the only one's that are right and if they support the team despite the fact that it doesn't fit YOUR vision, that they are blind homers. Get over yourself Jackass! You are a shitty fan. Don't try to insult everyone else to make you look right. Because, as always, you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:43 AM 08-01-2017
It is. Those people are buffoons who will suck off anything in a red helmet.

You are a recovering True Fan. You have done well to learn your lessons, though it took longer for you than some.
I haven't changed a bit. I have always seen Smith for what he was. I have wanted a first round quarterback just as much as anyone. The difference is that I was able to see what Dorsey and Reid were were building and trusted them to know when to pull the trigger on the quarterback that they felt was the best option for this team. In the mean time, I have supported this team, and Smith. Rooting for him to do well and take the team to the playoffs and beyond every year. That doesn't make me a "baffoon that sucks off anything in a red helmet."
[Reply]
Priest31kc 12:13 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Alex Smith was sacked 28 times last year but continue on
You misunderstood me. I already pointed out he was only sacked 28 times last year.

My point was that Alex always has had a fast release...but he's always been sacked 50 times a year.

But not last year...because the OLine improved.

Continue on...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 08-01-2017
You misunderstood me. I already pointed out he was only sacked 28 times last year.

My point was that Alex always has had a fast release...but he's always been sacked 50 times a year.

But not last year...because the OLine improved.

Continue on...
Wrong again.

Smith has never been sacked 50 times a year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/SmitAl03.htm

2013-39, 2014-45, 2015-45.

Considering the state of the offensive line in 2014-2015, 45 sacks isn't surprising.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:32 PM 08-01-2017
At least 5 of the sacks on alex were his fault. The Von Miller freebie comes to mind.

Playcall was a quick screen, Schwartz let's Von free to block downfield and Alex holds onto the ball forever.
[Reply]
Page 351 of 2688
« First < 251301341347348349350351 3523533543553614014518511351 > Last »
Up