Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
staylor26 11:41 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Gladly.
Bitch ass white boy.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:42 AM 08-27-2020
It’s funny, most people agree that Pedophiles should be given the chair but this Blake guy was a pedophile, sexually assaulted a 15 year old. But now we have people standing up for him saying oh he shouldn’t of been killed. Great about half of America supports pedophiles
htismaqe 11:42 AM 08-27-2020
I’m not going to get into this here, but if you don’t think Trump has been purposefully dividing the country over the past five years (he’s basically now run two separate political campaigns with that goal in mind), you’re not paying much attention.
You're not going to get into here but you mention Trump by name multiple times.

In other words, you're going to put your opinion out there and then not listen to anything resembling a dissenting opinion. Not completely unexpected but for someone that professes to not do DC, you sure act like someone from DC.

As for the division in this country, we celebrate tomorrow the 57th anniversary of the Rev Dr. Martin Luther King, Jrs march on Washington and his celebrated "I have a dream" speech. Many of the problems that existed then still exist.

If you TRULY believe the Trump is the problem, you're hopelessly deluded.
TribalElder 11:42 AM 08-27-2020
The Bucks holding out of their playoff game are the only ones who actually did something

Once lebron caught wind of this he took to twitter to try and out woke the Bucks

I don't like police shooting suspected sex offenders for no reason but cancelling games where you have BLM shit everywhere is pretty dumb.
RunKC 11:43 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Time for a reality check...

1) The players are explicitly prohibited from striking under the terms of the new CBA.

2) If they do strike, the CBA is voided and the players will eventually be forced to accept a worse CBA and stand to lose millions $$$.

Knowing this reality, a small % of the collective union would agree to strike which would make it an epic fail.
They also weren’t supposed to kneel. How’d that work out?

Here’s your reality check:

-Goodell caved to BLM with hours after Mahomes appeared in a video
-Goodell has gone on an apology interview about Kaepernick
-Majority of players will kneel this year
-Social justice has taken over the league. Cancelled practices, players speaking out with far more influence, teams changing their name and culture.

This isn’t the NFL from 2 years ago. It’s not even the same league from last year. The pendulum has swung to the other side.

Owners have zero leverage
Buehler445 11:43 AM 08-27-2020
I’m not going to get into this here, but if you don’t think Trump has been purposefully dividing the country over the past five years (he’s basically now run two separate political campaigns with that goal in mind), you’re not paying much attention.
Dawg, if you honestly think one side is behind all the of the divisiveness, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
TribalElder 11:45 AM 08-27-2020
Nothing screams BLM more than not showing up to your job for work
KC_Connection 11:46 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dawg, if you honestly think one side is behind all the of the divisiveness, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
Find where I said that.

The country is so damn divided that neither side will even listen to the other at this point about anything.
BigCatDaddy 11:47 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They also weren’t supposed to kneel. How’d that work out?

Here’s your reality check:

-Goodell caved to BLM with hours after Mahomes appeared in a video
-Goodell has gone on an apology interview about Kaepernick
-Majority of players will kneel this year
-Social justice has taken over the league. Cancelled practices, players speaking out with far more influence, teams changing their name and culture.

This isn’t the NFL from 2 years ago. It’s not even the same league from last year. The pendulum has swung to the other side.

Owners have zero leverage
The leverage is now with the fans. The plus side of Covid is it broke the day to day routines and compulsive behaviors of many in the country. This is the new normal. We don't need them.
staylor26 11:47 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It’s funny, most people agree that Pedophiles should be given the chair but this Blake guy was a pedophile, sexually assaulted a 15 year old. But now we have people standing up for him saying oh he shouldn’t of been killed. Great about half of America supports pedophiles
I keep seeing that he sexually assaulted a 15 year old, but I can’t find anything on it. Link?
htismaqe 11:49 AM 08-27-2020
Find where I said that.

The country is so damn divided that neither side will even listen to the other at this point about anything.
That didn't start in 2016. Sorry.
KC_Connection 11:49 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I keep seeing that he sexually assaulted a 15 year old, but I can’t find anything on it. Link?
He was charged with a third degree sexual assault in July, it's indicated on the Wisconsin Circuit Court website. Doesn't specify who he did that too, though, but I'm betting the same person who called the cops on Sunday is the person who reported him in July.
KC_Connection 11:50 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nobody said it did either, but it certainly has got a hell of a lot worse since then.
Sassy Squatch 11:51 AM 08-27-2020
"What is it they think the league can do?" one owner wondered. "We have been fully supportive."

"If we stop playing today," one front-office executive asked his players on Wednesday, "is that changing anything in the world? Will everyone else in the world just move on, and then will we lose our platforms?"

Another executive said, "The question we asked our players: What do you hope to accomplish by not playing the games? The answers were very different. I think that's something everyone is still formulating for themselves. What's the endgame here, and does not playing accomplish it?"
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again - you really have to go all the way back to The National Gazette in the 1790s. Jefferson thought Washington was a rube and while a member of Washington's cabinet he installed a guy named Freneau to run the gazette (and paid him with some odd gov't non-appearance job I can't recall at the moment).

Freneau did nothing but blast away at Washington and anyone that supported him. Crazy shit - printing rumors that Washington was going to adopt King George's son as and establish a hereditary monarchy. Stuff that wouldn't even rise to the level of tabloid pablum today was in a paper of record (looks at Washington Post...reconsiders 'tabloid pablum' remarks)

This was a major newspaper essentially founded and supported by Washington's very own Secretary of State!

You think ANY of this is new?

Christ - you could have this exact damn argument today!

You really have to think history started in about 2010 to not get this shit.
Page 198 of 205
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202 > Last »
Up