That is all.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:57 PM 08-25-2018
Is Rex Ryan available

Hell is Nolan Ryan available

Literally anyone else :-)
[Reply]
Jimmya 03:00 PM 08-25-2018
My buddies that are eagles fans laugh at me and keep saying how they had faith in Fat Andy until he basically told everyone that he knew more about defense than anyone and eventually that was his downfall
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:02 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Lots of folks here defended buttons for a long time. Now they want him fired? Irony.
Even during the early part of Sutton's tenure in KC when the defense was supposedly stronger, it was somewhat of a mirage because his defense would falter against upper echelon QB's (i.e. Peyton Manning in Denver before his physical skills collapsed, Andrew Luck in the infamous Colts playoff game, etc.). His defenses mostly feasted on the likes of Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.

The only decent QB who Sutton has been able to consistently stop is Phyllis.
[Reply]
Jimmya 03:04 PM 08-25-2018
Reid's DC Hire In Philadelphia

"Castillo had no experience coaching defense at an NFL level and the move was baffling at best. However, many, including myself, assumed Reid must have had a plan. Castillo must be a diamond in the rough, a defensive genius.

"So far, he clearly is not. He started off the 2011 season with a scheme that did not cater to the strengths of his players. He assigned Nnamdi Asomugha, a lockdown corner, to play zone.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:06 PM 08-25-2018
If I were Veatch I'd see if I could trade a wide receiver or a running back -spots that we are deep- for a corner that won't get scorched EVERY single time. Just a reasonable cover guy. Amerson is the second coming of William Bartee. Even has the same jersey number. He is going to get roasted. Until we get some kind of pass rush, it's hopeless. And hopefully, if and when we do get to a QB it won't be called roughing when we simply tackle him, like what happened to KPass today.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:06 PM 08-25-2018
Sounds like it was another very bad Bob Sutton's kids showing...

Ugh!
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:07 PM 08-25-2018
Maybe we could try a guy like Pringle as a corner? Desperate times call for desperate measures.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:08 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Even during the early part of Sutton's tenure in KC when the defense was supposedly stronger, it was somewhat of a mirage because his defense would falter against upper echelon QB's (i.e. Peyton Manning in Denver before his physical skills collapsed, Andrew Luck in the infamous Colts playoff game, etc.).

The Defense was successful because of Dontari Poe being an Elite NT keeping blockers off of Halifax and Houston.

Sutton ran him into the ground and destroyed his career due to Bob's incompententcy managing players snaps.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:08 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Even during the early part of Sutton's tenure in KC when the defense was supposedly stronger, it was somewhat of a mirage because his defense would falter against upper echelon QB's (i.e. Peyton Manning in Denver before his physical skills collapsed, Andrew Luck in the infamous Colts playoff game, etc.). His defenses mostly feasted on the likes of Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.

I disagree. Sutton has dealt with some bad breaks. Houston and berry can never stay healthy at the same time.

But the fact is, last year, we saw that you simply can't run nickel dime. And Sutton has not shown he can adjust. I like what Sutton has done for us. But his defense is obsolete. I hope I'm wrong. I'm still stunned Reid didn't fire him considering he has a chance to hire a DC who could become Jim Johnson.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:09 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
If I were Veatch I'd see if I could trade a wide receiver or a running back -spots that we are deep- for a corner that won't get scorched EVERY single time. Just a reasonable cover guy. Amerson is the second coming of William Bartee. Even has the same jersey number. He is going to get roasted. Until we get some kind of pass rush, it's hopeless. And hopefully, if and when we do get to a QB it won't be called roughing when we simply tackle him, like what happened to KPass today.
We need more guys who look like Predator. Looking like that means you're awesome, right? Oh, and a smoked visor too, gotta have the smoked visor!...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:10 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Is Rex Ryan available

Hell is Nolan Ryan available

Literally anyone else :-)
We need Jack Ryan to save this D.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:10 PM 08-25-2018
Keitzman should get off Mahomes & start after the defense.

Mahomes averaged 8.17 yards per attempt today. That would have led the NFL last year. Mahomes completed 18-of-24 passes for 196 yards and a touchdown on the afternoon, posting a 112.5 passer rating. Yeah he’s not polished.

Mahomes averaged one INT every 46.5 passes at Tech.

He had one turnover in preseason last year.

He had one turnover in 44 dropbacks at Denver last year.

Seth Keysor:
https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/...952565763?s=21
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:17 PM 08-25-2018
Speaks looks raw enough that I think they should start KPass
[Reply]
RunKC 03:22 PM 08-25-2018
Tanoh has looked so much better this year. He has been pressuring the QB often this preseason.

He deserves to start over Ford.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:24 PM 08-25-2018
Imagine Kendall Fuller and Marcus Peters as your starting CB’s. Add in a healthy Eric Berry & Earl Thomas at Safeties.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 298
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up