Page 115 of 298
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:38 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We are winning games with our offense dragging the defense kicking and screaming the whole way. 1 good game against a perpetual **** up like Blake Bortles doesn't change this fact.
Well the offense has 10x the amount of talent the defense has and is healthy so that's to be expected don't ya think?

I've seen what Sutton can do with a more talented D. We were in the top-10 in ppg three-years in a row now all of a sudden you want to tell me the guy forgot how to coach? Come on....

Hitchens was a bad signing, Ragland has regressed and Fuller was a bad signing and our defensive draft picks aren't contributing. Combine that with Justin Houston being out and Eric Berry being out it's going to be tough for any DC to make this defense respectable.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:42 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Well the offense has 10x the amount of talent the defense has and is healthy so that's to be expected don't ya think?

I've seen what Sutton can do with a more talented D. We were in the top-10 in ppg three-years in a row now all of a sudden you want to tell me the guy forgot how to coach? Come on....

Hitchens was a bad signing, Ragland has regressed and Fuller was a bad signing and our defensive draft picks aren't contributing. Combine that with Justin Houston being out and Eric Berry being out it's going to be tough for any DC to make this defense respectable.
Not only are you an Alex Smith ball washer, but you don't know shit about the defense either.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:44 PM 10-16-2018
Bottom line is the Chiefs have less than 11 weeks to attempt to salvage this defense and then its do or die time. Veach and Sutton better ****ing get busy.
Trade deadline is in 2 weeks.

Getting Sorenson and Berry back should be a big help though. Parker and Murray are god awful and we literally had to start a safety off the street.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:45 PM 10-16-2018

Hitchens and Fuller were both good football players before they got here and now all of a sudden you want to tell me the guys forgot how to football? Come on....
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Trade deadline is in 2 weeks.

Getting Sorenson and Berry back should be a big help though. Parker and Murray are god awful and we literally had to start a safety off the street.
Go get Peterson and hope to God that Berry/Sorensen can come back to help this defense out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 PM 10-16-2018

Sutton was a top 5 DC three to four years ago with all-world talent. No such talent is walking through that door. Houston isn't, and won't ever be, the same. Berry isn't going to play anytime soon, and there is nobody like Poe anywhere on this team.

There's no choice left but to fire Sutton and get somebody that can work better with what we have.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Go get Peterson and hope to God that Berry/Sorensen can come back to help this defense out.
I have this nagging feeling they're not going to do a thing.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:48 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I understand those that are saying 20% of our salary cap is standing on the sidelines in street clothes (Houston and Berry) and you can't reasonably expect Grandpa Bob to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit. But Veach spent most of our draft on defense, and we brought in two linebackers -Ragland and Hitchins- and traded Alex for Fuller, and brought in two run stopping DLs -one free agent and one draft pick- and this defense is actually WORSE than our defense from last year. It's amazing to me how people have just shined off the home playoff loss to Tennessee last year which was a total defensive collapse, plus the collapse against the Colts in the playoff game at Indy. Who was coaching both of those teams? Andy and Grandpa Bob. You have to adapt your tactics to your healthy personnel. Other teams do it, Grandpa Bob seems to be clueless. Nobody expects them to be the 85 Bears, but being the absolute worst defense on surrendered yardage in NFL history??? Guys like Chris Jones and Dee Ford should be totally embarrassed by that. They're both high draft picks, and they're big parts of the weakest, softest, easiest to run AND pass against defense in NFL history. Somebody needs to get pissed and start making some tackles.
Well said, but in defense of the Fords and Joneses, as you suggested, they're like the phillips head screwdriver that's being asked to be a butter knife. They're asked to do things they're not built to do. And that's part of what makes Grandpa so frustrating.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:48 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Same here.

They're going to just assume that they'll either get Sorensen or Berry back and that will help right the ship.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:51 PM 10-16-2018
Fuck that. If Veach isn't at least trying to be proactive on the trade market fire him immediately.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 10-16-2018
Fuck that. If Veach isn't at least trying to be proactive on the trade market fire him immediately.
I'm guessing Veach was all-in on Earl Thomas.

I mean, we know that he had identified Hitchens and Watkins well before they were even available.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 PM 10-16-2018
go get peterson NOW

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:54 PM 10-16-2018
Hitchens and Fuller were both good football players before they got here and now all of a sudden you want to tell me the guys forgot how to football? Come on....
I wouldn't call them good. They might have had good seasons but we know bad football players can have those types of seasons (Cassel).

So explain to me what a new DC is going to do to get Hitchens and Fuller to play better and explain what he can do to make the defense better? Blitz more? Play zone more? More man coverage? What exactly?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:54 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep, thats exactly how I feel as well. They're gonna stand pat because "they believe in the guys they have" -- which is great and all, and if they get Berry back and Sorensen etc it will obviously help but Berry is a BIG if... Sorensen isn't a savior (albeit a better option than whats currently playing) and as mentioned Houston isn't going to be like he was in 2014. They need help, and they need it fast.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 10-16-2018
Doesn’t seem like Peterson is for sale. Wilks apparently said that was ludicrous.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 298
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up