ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3328 of 3903
« First < 2328282832283278331833243325332633273328 33293330333133323338337834283828 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stevieray 12:12 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That's what I had
Looks like symptoms from the flu.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:17 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Except the taste and smell part....
[Reply]
petegz28 12-18-2020, 01:10 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28.
petegz28 01:27 PM 12-18-2020
It's gotta be 2020 when you know strip clubs are the reason your restaurant can stay open...:-)

Originally Posted by :
Calif. judge rules San Diego County restaurants can reopen; says strip club ruling also protects eateries

A California judge ruled that all San Diego County restaurants can reopen for on-site dining, falling in line with an earlier ruling that strip clubs could remain open despite Gov. Gavin Newsom’s novel coronavirus-related health order that calls for such establishments to close up shop.

Thursday’s San Diego County ruling was a setback to Newsom’s stay-at-home order, which officials said was issued in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus before the state's intensive care units run out of beds.

The Democratic governor’s office immediately appealed, bringing uncertainty to restaurant owners weighing whether to buy food and schedule staff a week before Christmas amid the possibility that their victory could soon be reversed.

[Reply]
DaFace 01:44 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
People that take care of themselves
My cousin is fighting for his life right now. He got asthma from years as a firefighter. He's in his mid-40s.

But fuck him for not taking care of himself, am I right?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:47 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Do you not realize what a dick move it is to keep bringing this weak shit up like this in a thread where people have family members who have died from this?

Did you also make a habit of going in to children's hospitals and telling their parents that their kids were too weak and just needed to get over it?
[Reply]
Donger 02:00 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That's what I had
I'm glad that, in your case, those symptoms didn't become severe and lead to ARDS or one of the other conditions caused by COVID-19 that kill:

What happens to people who get COVID-19?

Among those who develop symptoms, most (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing hospital treatment. About 15% become seriously ill and require oxygen and 5% become critically ill and need intensive care.

Complications leading to death may include respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), sepsis and septic shock, thromboembolism, and/or multiorgan failure, including injury of the heart, liver or kidneys.

In rare situations, children can develop a severe inflammatory syndrome a few weeks after infection.
[Reply]
sedated 02:09 PM 12-18-2020
People that take care of themselves
Victim blaming at its finest.

F those fatties, they deserve to die :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:12 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My cousin is fighting for his life right now. He got asthma from years as a firefighter. He's in his mid-40s.

But **** him for not taking care of himself, am I right?
This post has nothing to do with mine. I was responding to his question.

"Who doesn't have underlying health issues except people under 30".

Being over 30 is no excuse for being in shitty shape although I understand on a few occasions it is beyond someone's control.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:16 PM 12-18-2020
This post has nothing to do with mine. I was responding to his question.

"Who doesn't have underlying health issues except people under 30"
My cousin is one of the fittest guys I know. Implying that people who take care of themselves don't have underlying health conditions is asinine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Passed out due to getting a shot.

Happens all the time. Ask me how I know.
:-)

I can only imagine.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:22 PM 12-18-2020
My cousin is one of the fittest guys I know. Implying that people who take care of themselves don't have underlying health conditions is asinine.
Generally it's related to poor choices but yeah.."I know a guy" outliers do happen.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:24 PM 12-18-2020
Do you not realize what a dick move it is to keep bringing this weak shit up like this in a thread where people have family members who have died from this?

Did you also make a habit of going in to children's hospitals and telling their parents that their kids were too weak and just needed to get over it?
That's your opinion.

I realize people are dying everyday, from a myriad of things. Are they any less tragic?

I've lost three friends and one relative to cancer this year. Couldn't pay respects to any of them. They're just gone.

This has nothing to do with telling people to get over it(:-)), just recognizing there are other mitigating factors that come into play. It's not cut and dried.

If you've got a problem with that, it's on you. We don't get to decide for each other on such a complex issue.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:25 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm glad that, in your case, those symptoms didn't become severe and lead to ARDS or one of the other conditions caused by COVID-19 that kill:

What happens to people who get COVID-19?

Among those who develop symptoms, most (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing hospital treatment. About 15% become seriously ill and require oxygen and 5% become critically ill and need intensive care.

Complications leading to death may include respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), sepsis and septic shock, thromboembolism, and/or multiorgan failure, including injury of the heart, liver or kidneys.

In rare situations, children can develop a severe inflammatory syndrome a few weeks after infection.
You are a pathetic fear mongerer
[Reply]
stevieray 02:27 PM 12-18-2020
Generally it's related to poor choices but yeah.."I know a guy" outlier do happen.
Had a cousin, in excellent shape, who died of a heart attack on a treadmill at Gold's gym.

He was 40.
[Reply]
Donger 02:28 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You are a pathetic fear mongerer
Those are just facts. Unfortunate facts, but still facts.

What you choose to do about them, or not, is entirely up to you.
[Reply]
Page 3328 of 3903
« First < 2328282832283278331833243325332633273328 33293330333133323338337834283828 > Last »
Up