ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What will Andy do to BEAT man coverage?
UChieffyBugger 08:54 PM 10-09-2019
If Sammy and Tyreek can't play on the next two games? THIS video here has Steve Smith and Ray Lewis talking about it and it doesn't sound pretty :-) .

This is where Andy needs to work his magic otherwise teams will be doing this crap every chance they get.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:43 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Get healthy. That's it. This team has eaten man coverage for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a year + under Mahomes. Due to the oline injuries and Pat's mobility near a zero he isn't able to move around much in the pocket and it doesn't get his backup receivers time to get open.

When healthy though, man coverage is going to open up big plays and 40+ point games again.
We didn't look great two times in a row vs new England. Very rough start followed by mahomes playing superhero in the 4th. They run man as well as anyone. I agree we'll start pumping out points when we're healthy. But NE is the prize right now. Especially if mahomes is a little less mobile and can't freelance as much as he did vs new England. It's a fair question about why we keep running all verts concepts and abandon the run even when we're struggling to protect and have receivers who can't get off the line. Or how many times new England burned us last year with that tyreek deep double coverage. I think we can figure it out and we may have figured it out already but I don't want to rely on health being our only answer.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:43 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Jesus, can we remove both Uchieffyburger and BWillie's, as well as de berg, Dante, ubeja, and Mahomos thread starting services.
[Reply]
xbarretx 02:49 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
FYP
[Reply]
Three7s 02:57 PM 10-10-2019
I was just going through all-22 footage of our offensive snaps of this game. Other than the O-line being a significant issue, a whole lot of receivers NOT RUNNING WHILE PAT IS SCRAMBLING was a major issue. Most notably, DRob literally just running like 5 yards while Mahomes is scrambling away from him and he just stands there and takes himself out of the play. I counted this about 3 different times from DRob which is inexcusable for him.

Another missed opportunity that really hurt was a play where Wylie was still in the game and allowed INSTANT pressure. If he didn't, Mahomes had a TD to Hardman because the guy covering him got torched. Unfortunately, the instant pressure forced Mahomes to throw it early and get nothing on it.

The other play that I felt was notable was when Mahomes lobbed it to seemingly no one deep over the middle near the end of the 1st half. Pringle was initially covered, but out of a broken play, if he turned up field he had a shot at making something happen, which is what Mahomes expected too. However, instead of turning up-field, he pulled a DRob and just sat there. I won't put too much blame on Pringle because he's new to this, but Mahomes has said it enough times just this off-season. KEEP RUNNING!

I only got the free trial version of all-22 because I was interested in how the Colts really stopped the Chiefs, and they really did play great D. They took a lot of risks that paid off for them in spades as well, but there's zero chance they win with Hill or Watkins in. I might make a thread with some GIFs and a more specific breakdown later.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:01 PM 10-10-2019
Reid has plenty of plays to beat Man. It is Reid we are talking about here. Question is do we have the players without Hill and Watkins to execute the plays? We'll find out Sunday
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:29 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Exactly.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:37 PM 10-10-2019
Jesus, can we remove both Uchieffyburger and BWillie's thread starting services.
It really does blow my mind how DUMB and IMMATURE some folks are in this place. They can't handle a civil debate so..."let's cry to the mods because I'm too thick to say anything conducive" SMH.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:38 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
I was just going through all-22 footage of our offensive snaps of this game. Other than the O-line being a significant issue, a whole lot of receivers NOT RUNNING WHILE PAT IS SCRAMBLING was a major issue. Most notably, DRob literally just running like 5 yards while Mahomes is scrambling away from him and he just stands there and takes himself out of the play. I counted this about 3 different times from DRob which is inexcusable for him.

Another missed opportunity that really hurt was a play where Wylie was still in the game and allowed INSTANT pressure. If he didn't, Mahomes had a TD to Hardman because the guy covering him got torched. Unfortunately, the instant pressure forced Mahomes to throw it early and get nothing on it.

The other play that I felt was notable was when Mahomes lobbed it to seemingly no one deep over the middle near the end of the 1st half. Pringle was initially covered, but out of a broken play, if he turned up field he had a shot at making something happen, which is what Mahomes expected too. However, instead of turning up-field, he pulled a DRob and just sat there. I won't put too much blame on Pringle because he's new to this, but Mahomes has said it enough times just this off-season. KEEP RUNNING!

I only got the free trial version of all-22 because I was interested in how the Colts really stopped the Chiefs, and they really did play great D. They took a lot of risks that paid off for them in spades as well, but there's zero chance they win with Hill or Watkins in. I might make a thread with some GIFs and a more specific breakdown later.
Great post sir!!..thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
redfan 06:52 PM 10-10-2019
Andy shakes the defender with a quick look-off to a fruit salad, then BOOM straight to the prime rib carver. That D don't stand a chance
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:12 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It really does blow my mind how DUMB and IMMATURE some folks are in this place. They can't handle a civil debate so..."let's cry to the mods because I'm too thick to say anything conducive" SMH.
There's nothing conducive to what you post. Ever.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:23 PM 10-11-2019
There's nothing conducive to what you post. Ever.
Well why don't you piss off and ignore my posts instead of acting like a baby and crying to the mods? If my posts are so "bad" use that damn ignore button and keep it moving dummy.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:37 PM 10-11-2019
Run faster
[Reply]
xztop123 09:10 PM 10-11-2019
What’s the diff in hardman and hill in terms of beating man? Is hill just way faster and quicker or is it the strength he has to beat the press?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:40 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Well why don't you piss off and ignore my posts instead of acting like a baby and crying to the mods? If my posts are so "bad" use that damn ignore button and keep it moving dummy.
When have I EVER "cried to the mods" about you?

EVER?

You make things up in your own head. You ain't that important, and as far I can tell, being a total dipshit isn't against the rules here. You've got delusions of grandeur up in your head, I'm telling you what's happening...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:41 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
What’s the diff in hardman and hill in terms of beating man? Is hill just way faster and quicker or is it the strength he has to beat the press?
Mostly experience I'd wager. And the fact that Hill is a bit shorter; makes him a smaller target to try and get your hands on.

When I played ball in high school I was smaller/shorter than just about everyone on the team, or any opposing team for that matter. I could literally duck under people's hands nearly every time. Guys that were a lot taller/bigger than me almost seemed to be moving in slow motion. They just had more mass to move and they were trying to grab a small fast moving target. Guessing Tyreek has the same advantage.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up