ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>They are coming for The Chop
Hammock Parties 02:45 PM 10-09-2019
From our cold, dead hands. Our fanbase will start chops on their own if they have to. We don't need music.

The Atlanta Braves will not pass out foam tomahawks at today's game and will "reduce the Tomahawk Chop" after complaints by a Cardinals player claiming the tradition is offensive - WSBTV

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) October 9, 2019

[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:22 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Maybe I don't get it but I always thought teams being named after indian stuff and doing that was endearing not demeaning.
We now live in a world where everyone is a victim...guess you did not get that memo.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:23 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
both make Chiefs fans look unoriginal and second-rate. Is that how you want to be perceived just because you can't be creative?

The only reason people want Gary Glitter is because they want to chant we're gonna beat the hell out of you

Is this team beating the hell out of anybody?
Yeah we beat the hell out of teams and we're winning the fucking Super Bowl. I like the song and I like the chant. Way better than DJ Kool. I'm not at all worried about other fans perception. Chances are their TD song is just as unoriginal as anyone else's. And if not, who cares what those hipster douchebags think. "Like OMG the TD song at Arrowhead is soooooo basic" Fuck em.

And bring the band back too!
[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:26 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
both make Chiefs fans look unoriginal and second-rate. Is that how you want to be perceived just because you can't be creative?

The only reason people want Gary Glitter is because they want to chant we're gonna beat the hell out of you

Is this team beating the hell out of anybody?

Username checks out.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:32 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yeah we beat the hell out of teams and we're winning the ****ing Super Bowl. I like the song and I like the chant. Way better than DJ Kool. I'm not at all worried about other fans perception. Chances are their TD song is just as unoriginal as anyone else's. And if not, who cares what those hipster douchebags think. "Like OMG the TD song at Arrowhead is soooooo basic" **** em.

And bring the band back too!
GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:56 AM 10-10-2019
:-)

[Reply]
cwhocares 09:12 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by ralittleus:
the pussification of america continues
And everybody said "AMEN"
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:11 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
From our cold, dead hands. Our fanbase will start chops on their own if they have to. We don't need music.

Who is the "They" that is coming for the chop? I didn't see anything about it in the article.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:14 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who is the "They" that is coming for the chop? I didn't see anything about it in the article.
PC cancel culture.....

The reason this shit happens is because someone says something and everyone buckles. This shit would stop if you know the Braves had simply said, nothing we do is intended to be offensive at all, we are celebrating our team and we apologize if you took it to be offensive but it is not meant that way at all. And then continued to do it.

The problem now is 1% bitches and the 99% fucking bows down, people need to learn to say hey man grow a thicker skin and care about something that matters ok?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:23 AM 10-10-2019
As someone who identifies as a bird, I am offended by the the Falcon players doing the "dirty bird."
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:29 AM 10-10-2019
Someone is always going to be offended by something. Society is devolving into changing for the individual instead of the group. I've always thought that it was disrespectful to yell Chiefs at the end of the national anthem. Warpaint used to be ridden around the field after every score.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Someone is always going to be offended by something. Society is devolving into changing for the individual instead of the group. I've always thought that it was disrespectful to yell Chiefs at the end of the national anthem. Warpaint used to be ridden around the field after every score.
The phrase get over it seems to have left culture.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:00 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I get that a member of the Cherokee nation could be offended by the chop. I just dont see it in the same way was burning a cross om a black families yard, putting a swasticka on a Jewish family's garage etc. There is not an equivalency.

We do the chop at all of our Arrowhead South chapters. I've encouraged it and post videos of all the Chief fans at the various location doing the chop. In no way whatsoever do I feel I'm encouraging the demeaning of a race. We are going to keep doing the chop.
We live in a world where red hats and the 'ok sign' are racist acts. There's a small minority of people that are likely very offended with mascots being named after indian references.

It doesn't matter what you feel you are doing, it only matters if it upsets someone... and can they raise enough noise to shame you into quitting or hurt your revenue enough, forcing you to stop.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:25 AM 10-10-2019
Folks, if you're mad about PC culture, but you're also demanding that black people stand for the national anthem because it's politically incorrect to do so...

...you're part of PC culture.
[Reply]
Hydrae 11:29 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Folks, if you're mad about PC culture, but you're also demanding that black people stand for the national anthem because it's politically incorrect to do so...

...you're part of PC culture.
I don't know that I have heard anyone say that blacks should stand for the national anthem. I have heard people say that EVERYONE should stand for the national anthem (unless they have a disability making it not possible).

Your statement is part of the problem. The skin color of most (not all!) of the anthem protesters has nothing to do with people being upset about it. Interjecting race where it does not need to be.
[Reply]
Fish 11:31 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
PC cancel culture.....

The reason this shit happens is because someone says something and everyone buckles. This shit would stop if you know the Braves had simply said, nothing we do is intended to be offensive at all, we are celebrating our team and we apologize if you took it to be offensive but it is not meant that way at all. And then continued to do it.

The problem now is 1% bitches and the 99% fucking bows down, people need to learn to say hey man grow a thicker skin and care about something that matters ok?
I haven't seen any Chiefs fans buckling or bowing to this. This is just the yearly "Ohh Noes, they're taking away _____" fear mongering that never actually happens.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up