ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Another Charger breaks
Hammock Parties 01:00 PM 10-09-2019

Chargers place Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey on IRhttps://t.co/1oAC5mrll9 pic.twitter.com/YLx98t4r2U

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) October 9, 2019

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:39 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Are we really going to make fun of another teams injury issues?
fuck yes!
[Reply]
chinaski 01:41 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I really, truly, absolutely cannot understand how the Chargers have SO MANY injuries like every year. It's mind-boggling.
Too bad it doesn't happen to your team...
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:03 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Too bad it doesn't happen to your team...

Don't let facts get in your way, because It did. 2015. That team started out 10-0, then the dam gave way and they lost 4 of the last 6 games in regular season, lost HFA, and lost the AFCCG in Denver.

[Reply]
ptlyon 02:06 PM 10-09-2019
Looks like a twister board to me :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:19 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Looks like a twister board to me :-)

The X axis (left to right) is the number of man-games missed by players on the team. The more to the right your team is, the more man-games your team's players missed that year.

The Y Axis (top to bottom) is the number of wins the team had that year. The higher the team, the more it won.

The size of the circle is a calculation of the quality of the players that missed games that year. A larger circle means you lost more good/great players than a team with a smaller sized circle.

So look at, say, Kansas City, we can see that it won 11 regular season games that year. It had about an average number of games missed by its players, but that the quality of the players that missed those games was fairly high that year.

This chart shows that Miami is truly bad. It's players missed very few games, and those that missed games weren't actually very good players. And yet it won only 6 games. That's bad. You can see why Carolina and Denver had such great years. They were very healthy compared to league averages.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:40 PM 10-09-2019
I really want to know where some of these graphs/charts come from. I mean, who would go to all the trouble of creating these things, much less thinking about these things . . .

Anyway, my only thought here is considering the plethora of injuries that the Chiefs have been hit with this season at home, maybe Arrowhead is cursed as well.

Maybe we should look into bringing in a medicine man or a shaman or whatever to remove the curse, or bless the field or something before the next game . . .
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:42 PM 10-09-2019
Don't let facts get in your way, because It did. 2015. That team started out 10-0, then the dam gave way and they lost 4 of the last 6 games in regular season, lost HFA, and lost the AFCCG in Denver.

Everything went perfect for the Broncos that year.

The Chiefs blew it in several games during their 5 game losing stretch early that season (specifically against the Broncos, Vikings, and Bears). Had the Chiefs won any of those games, they would’ve won the West. The Chiefs would’ve been the 2 seed. The Broncos would’ve been the 5 seed. No chance that Broncos team wins 3 road games to make the Super Bowl.

Oddly enough, the Bengals would’ve been the 1 seed because they beat KC. Chiefs would’ve held the tiebreaker over the Patriots due to having a better AFC record.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:45 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Everything went perfect for the Broncos that year.

The Chiefs blew it in several games during their 5 game losing stretch early that season (specifically against the Broncos, Vikings, and Bears). Had the Chiefs won any of those games, they would’ve won the West. The Chiefs would’ve been the 2 seed. The Broncos would’ve been the 5 seed. No chance that Broncos team wins 3 road games to make the Super Bowl.

Oddly enough, the Bengals would’ve been the 1 seed because they beat KC. Chiefs would’ve held the tiebreaker over the Patriots due to having a better AFC record.

Yeah, and as you can see, KC also lost more man-games to injury, and had better players hurt, than Denver did that year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:48 PM 10-09-2019
Yeah, and as you can see, KC also lost more man-games to injury, and had better players hurt, than Denver did that year.
Crazy to think the Chiefs are only 5 years removed from having a top 5 defense (which would’ve been even better had Houston not missed most of the season). We’re also only 5 years removed from having one of the most inept offenses in the league (which got even worse when Charles went out).

How times have changed.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:49 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I really want to know where some of these graphs/charts come from. I mean, who would go to all the trouble of creating these things, much less thinking about these things . . .

Someone with a serious lot of extra time on their hands. It's great though -- conveys a ton of information in a simple graphic.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:51 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Crazy to think the Chiefs are only 5 years removed from having a top 5 defense (which would’ve been even better had Houston not missed most of the season). We’re also only 5 years removed from having one of the most inept offenses in the league (which got even worse when Charles went out).

How times have changed.

Yeah. That's life in the NFL. Seriously 5 years is forever. How many players are still on your roster from 5 years ago? I doubt it's more than 10. Every year is actually pretty damn different. Most teams turn over 25%-33% of the roster. Sure, alot of those guys are bottom of the roster folks, but some are team leaders, or important players lost to FA or retirement.

And that doesn't count the guys who are still on the roster but are better, or worse, than the prior year, or lost to (or return from) injury.
[Reply]
srvy 02:54 PM 10-09-2019
I was gonna say we are not exactly unscathed here either.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:10 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Anyway, my only thought here is considering the plethora of injuries that the Chiefs have been hit with this season at home, maybe Arrowhead is cursed as well.

Maybe we should look into bringing in a medicine man or a shaman or whatever to remove the curse, or bless the field or something before the next game . . .
We have the curse breaker, his name is MAHOMES!!!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:26 PM 10-09-2019
One of the things I hate most about this site.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:47 PM 10-09-2019
And yet, not one comment about the use of the word "plethora." Interesting . . .
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up