ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Texans
Hammock Parties 04:55 PM 10-07-2019
Andy Reid has only lost back-to-back home games one time in Kansas City, and it was his first season with the Chiefs.

Bill O'Brien is 1-3 against Reid.

Flame away.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:01 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They ran crossing routes consistently sunday night. Did you watch the game?
They did a bit but they seemed to think the Colts are going to play zone most of the time which didn't happen.

I think the biggest thing in that game was when a QB is getting killed on a rush you have to slow it down and they didn't even try to do that.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:02 AM 10-08-2019
After the last two shit weeks i have no confidence in this team to handle the texans.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't think this is true at all. Our scrub receivers just can't beat man coverage consistently. We still threw for almost 700 yards so please get some perspective.

The defense wasn't obliterated. They gave up 19 points. Please get some perspective.

You literally don't have a fucking clue with comments like these.
Clay as the voice of reason.

I'm really not sure what planet I'm living on right now.

And yes, the hand-wringing is pretty goddamn nutty. I take bolts for weeks because "Clark just needs more times" when he's obviously terribly on the field. Meanwhile the entire organization suddenly needs to be broomed after a single loss where our QB threw for 300 yards and a TD throwing to a WR group that wouldn't stand out in the SEC.

Seriously guys - Robinson, Hardman, Pringle. That was what Pat Mahomes was working with on Sunday. That is firmly average Division 1 trio of wide receivers. That's a guy who struggles to separate (always has), a guy who can't run routes (never has) and a UDFA.

And Mecca - clearly a brilliant man - says "well why doesn't Andy just {thing that high school coaches generally consider}?!?!"

FFS - there is NOTHING you and I have ever seen or considered in regards to a football game that hasn't run through Andy's head. One of the 3 most brilliant offensive minds to EVER grace this game, a guy who is constantly lauded for having the most intelligent and well designed route combos in the game, and we honestly have people asking why he doesn't run high school routes as though maybe the possibility of running a crossing route just never occurred to him.

A) We ran them.
B) It truly isn't that simple.

The WRs were god-awful for the 2nd straight game and for the 2nd straight game our QB threw for a day that would've had us wet with a merely average QB under center (Alex Smith). We struggled to finish drives and had a nice long dry spell in the middle because again - WRs sucked and interior line is abysmal.

But this idea that Reid is retarded and there's just no hope on the horizon. Lord.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:09 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Really?

The Colts destroyed them on the ground, the Lions did whatever they wanted...

Why when a team is in man running wide 9 are we not seeing some draws and crosses? That's pretty basic yet we don't do it at all.
Last year's defense was significantly worse. We're giving up 30 and 19, not 50 points for fuck's sake.

And yes, the Chiefs do run draws and crossers. You have no idea what you are watching.

The issue with the offense right now is pass protection, drops and fumbles, not play calling.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:09 AM 10-08-2019
I don't think he's retarded and think sometimes the game gets away from him.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:10 AM 10-08-2019

I can’t answer that question for them. That’s something they have to figure out going forward. The only part I can tell you is Colts OL controlled the interior of the LOS. https://t.co/bPALoROf6J pic.twitter.com/3fWwlbDElE

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 8, 2019

This is going around and should answer your question. https://t.co/edWkpS7GKW pic.twitter.com/Z0vTdFfIiI

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 8, 2019

Well at least we should know exactly what everyone is going to do against us.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Clay as the voice of reason.

I'm really not sure what planet I'm living on right now.
This shit is fucking stupid.

We have a HOF coach and an MVP QB and people are reacting like it's the Pioli era and Cassel just threw for 70 yards.

I fucking hate this place sometimes.

We're 5-0 if Shady doesn't fumble, most likely.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:11 AM 10-08-2019
Oh and if you thought Erving is bad, Ryan Hunter is somehow even worse. Our whole left side of the line is gonna get destroyed this week. May god have mercy
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:12 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Alex Smith (and a comparable D) owned them in Houston two years ago.

If Hill plays, both teams are very similar to those versions. But, oh, we have Mahomes now instead of Smith. And we’re at home. But apparently we have no chance. Go figure eh?
It's not about having no chance, its about them possibly catching us at a bad time.

We had a down week, they had a up week.

They have a shit secondary, we have injured WR's left and right.

They have a good pass rush, our O-Line is banged up

Their weakness is O-Line, we are not doing great pass rushing.

They are top 10 Rushing, we are bottom 10 defending the run
[Reply]
Mecca 09:13 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It's not about having no chance, its about them possibly catching us at a bad time.

We had a down week, they had a up week.

They have a shit secondary, we have injured WR's left and right.

They have a good pass rush, our O-Line is banged up

Their weakness is O-Line, we are not doing great pass rushing.

They are top 10 Rushing, we are bottom 10 defending the run
They also have big play WR's, Fuller is coming off the game of his career.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:19 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They also have big play WR's, Fuller is coming off the game of his career.
I'm not as worried about the gashing us in the passing game. Should Tyreek be back I see them running to keep our offense on sideline.

DB Blitz all night, and spy Watson at all times.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:20 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I'm not as worried about the gashing us in the passing game. Should Tyreek be back I see them running to keep our offense on sideline.

DB Blitz all night, and spy Watson at all times.
I always have concern when one of the 5 best WR's is coming in and we don't have a #1 CB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 10-08-2019
"We couldn't stop the run!!!!!"

{only gives passing acknowledgement to the fact that 2 of our DTs were out injured and one of the 2 healthy ones is essentially on a redshirt year}

I get it, injuries happen and you have to adjust and deal with them. But you also have to acknowledge that injuries have consequences and when your entire starting interior line goes out (because weirdly, Williams has been starting over Nnadi it seems), that's gonna impact your rush defense.

Especially when 'Frank Clark: Elite Run Stuffer' has always been more myth than reality.

Beyond the fact that Saunders isn't ready, what was really brutal in that game was that there were just no bodies to rotate in/out. There was simply not enough mass to throw at the problem. And what's really strange is that I haven't seen any signings to address it now that it appears damn likely that both Jones and Williams are down for awhile.

Justin Hamilton's phone HAS to be ringing right now, right? He'd be a great pickup. Obviously you have to think Ivie gets the call as well.

And neither of those guys are amazing, but yes, a rotation of Nnadi/Hamilton/Ivie/Saunders is going to be MUCH better than just Nnadi/Saunders and then that gif of Kurt Russell playing Herb Brooks yelling "AGAIN!!" over and over again until his players puke.

They just needed bodies and didn't have 'em last week. And despite that, the defense (getting very little help) managed to merely 'bleh' day instead of the 50+ point abortion that happened on days like this last season.

The world isn't ending or anything close to it.

That said - I think this team plays better on the road, weirdly enough.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:21 AM 10-08-2019
You gotta get Jeff Allen in here. He’s probably better than Wylie anyways.

Should have never been cut. Ryan Hunter is fucking garbage.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:26 AM 10-08-2019
Yea I'm really not sure why they aren't signing DTs or a G at this point...lacks sense.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up