ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Texans
Hammock Parties 04:55 PM 10-07-2019
Andy Reid has only lost back-to-back home games one time in Kansas City, and it was his first season with the Chiefs.

Bill O'Brien is 1-3 against Reid.

Flame away.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:15 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Andy Offense this week should be 2 TE max Protection 80% of the time and run the damn ball. Teams need to know they can do it in the future.
this is not how you overcome OL issues

you spread the D out and throw quick passes
[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this is not how you overcome OL issues

you spread the D out and throw quick passes
Andy literally did that on Sunday and it got Pat hit again and again and again :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:26 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy literally did that on Sunday and it got Pat hit again and again and again :-)
I think the run-pass ratio was way out of whack

27-5 at one point I think.

He has to call more balanced attacks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:27 PM 10-09-2019

Detail of the day at #Chiefs practice: They have pictures of the #Texans' OL on the corresponding trash can stand-ins. pic.twitter.com/lfpQS5qn60

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) October 9, 2019

[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 01:27 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Andy Offense this week should be 2 TE max Protection 80% of the time and run the damn ball. Teams need to know they can do it in the future.
Quick passes and screens.

Not sure why Andy didn't go to that vs. the Colts, but it needs to be part of the gameplan this week.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:30 PM 10-09-2019
They should've done that with the D line instead so they would know who to fucking block...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think the run-pass ratio was way out of whack

27-5 at one point I think.

He has to call more balanced attacks.
They have to show they can be even moderately effective running the football first.

I spent most of that game feeling like any time we attempted to run the ball was a wasted down. That interior line is just doing such a shit job of run blocking that they constantly put us in bad down/distance spots and the rush gets to just tee off.

I know everyone wants Andy to be balanced but man, I think they just need to do what they're good at. And up until last week they were damn good at passing the football and still awfully mediocre at running it. If that means a 6-1 P/R ratio - so be it. Gotta move the football, lads.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:47 PM 10-09-2019
I can’t figure the run game out though. It was pretty good against JAX, BAL, and DET. Definitely useful.

Awful vs. OAK and IND.

Shady has to get more touches than he did, I know that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM 10-09-2019
By now Andy and co. have to know they are facing a bunch of man coverage. Period. No guessing involved.

Scheme some stuff up and let’s roll. No reason to not be successful still.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I can’t figure the run game out though. It was pretty good against JAX, BAL, and DET. Definitely useful.

Awful vs. OAK and IND.

Shady has to get more touches than he did, I know that.
I think the ankle was bothering him. I can't think of a reason he'd get no touches in the 1st half.

The fumble was really bad and extremely critical - lots of coaches have benched RBs for stuff like that. But as a rule, Andy doesn't.

So it's possible that the ankle just finally got the best of him and Andy was trying to give him a light week to let it rest up. It's really hard to say because sitting Shady as a punitive measure goes against most of what we've seen Reid do.
[Reply]
-King- 01:52 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They have to show they can be even moderately effective running the football first.

I spent most of that game feeling like any time we attempted to run the ball was a wasted down. That interior line is just doing such a shit job of run blocking that they constantly put us in bad down/distance spots and the rush gets to just tee off.

I know everyone wants Andy to be balanced but man, I think they just need to do what they're good at. And up until last week they were damn good at passing the football and still awfully mediocre at running it. If that means a 6-1 P/R ratio - so be it. Gotta move the football, lads.
Sure but it didn't even feel like they tried. McCoy is by far our best RB and he finished the game with 0 carries. How does that happen?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:56 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Sure but it didn't even feel like they tried. McCoy is by far our best RB and he finished the game with 0 carries. How does that happen?

[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:06 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
very much so this....:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's why I think Shady was on a 'rest day'. Andy didn't want to use him at all, IMO.

He's never been a 'bench a guy for a fumble' kind of coach. And the fact that he didn't use him in the 1st half even before the fumble supports that.

I think he's trying to get Shady's ankle right and thought he could steal one. Then I'd imagine the ankle didn't respond and after the fumble he just decided to keep him shut down. Remember that Andy talked about Berry last year not being able to 'heat back up' after he got pulled from that Chargers game. He doesn't like to dry hump guys and put them back in if they haven't gone through a full routine.

I think McCoy was a 'use in case of emergency' option, he saw the game getting irksome and tried to use him to start the 2nd half and then decided that McCoy just wasn't gonna be able to handle the load after staying down in the 1st half.

Dunno - just a theory. I can't see Reid benching McCoy for a fumble when he's never done it for any other RB we've had here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:13 PM 10-09-2019
McCoy got a touch on the first drive.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Up