ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs open at -5.5 vs the Texans
mr. tegu 10:47 AM 10-07-2019
Time to move on from last night. This spread is a little higher than I thought it would be. I was thinking -3.5 to -4. It almost makes me think they are fishing for people to take the Texans, which seems like a pretty safe bet, of course that might just be wishful thinking. It will be interesting to see where this line moves but I expect it to drop as people start taking the Texans. Purely based on yesterday and our injuries though, seems unlikely we cover this number or anything more than a field goal.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:11 AM 10-07-2019
Did no one in Las Vegas watch the game last night? People must go to bed early in that city.
[Reply]
Cheater5 11:13 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
I expect an angry Chiefs team to show up on Sunday.

Kill

It won't be enough.

This football team is leaking oil five games into the season, and PMII can't pull it out of his @ss every week.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:13 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No LT, no LG, No Watkins and maybe no Hill.

And the Texans will likely attempt to do what both Detroit and Indy did.

The Chiefs are in trouble for this one.
Hill could make a huge difference.

Doesn’t Houston have a fairly shitty line? I don’t see them dominating in the trenches. Plus, Hyde doesn’t exactly strike fear.

I honestly think that Jones being out could be a blessing in disguise if teams are going to try to run the ball down our throats.
[Reply]
TEX 11:15 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
I expect an angry Chiefs team to show up on Sunday.

Kill
When has that happened recently? The Chiefs are soft. They're about to get bitch slapped by the team everyone was making fun of just a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:15 AM 10-07-2019
Unless we are at full power we are not the Texans.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:15 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Doesn’t Houston have a fairly shitty line? I don’t see them dominating in the trenches. Plus, Hyde doesn’t exactly strike fear.

I honestly think that Jones being out could be a blessing in disguise if teams are going to try to run the ball down our throats.
just wait...Hyde is motivated and our run defense is Pure AIDS.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:16 AM 10-07-2019
Mahomes is gimpy and Andy is to stupid to adjust his plan.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:17 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Did no one in Las Vegas watch the game last night? People must go to bed early in that city.
I’d imagine so. But they also probably watched the Texans play Jax and Carolina.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:57 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I’d imagine so. But they also probably watched the Texans play Jax and Carolina.

They are definitely inconsistent so we do have that going for us.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:03 PM 10-07-2019
Bill O'Brien is the wildcard in this one. His willingness to be outcoached cannot be underestimated.
[Reply]
TLO 12:04 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Mahomes is gimpy and Andy is to stupid to adjust his plan.
To stupid indeed!
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:04 PM 10-07-2019
This actually sounds about right. It would take a lot for us to be closer than this when we have the mvp. Hobbled or not
[Reply]
oldman 12:13 PM 10-07-2019
Before yesterday, I would have said the line is about right. I expect that to shift dramatically this week.
OK, just for a starting point, play 2 TE sets and give Erving some help. If Bell or Yelder gets juked, at least they could serve a safety valve for PMII. A 3 yard gain is much better than a sack or a hit on the franchise.
Second, Veach needs to make a call. "Hey, Jeff, I was wrong. Come back and I'll never stray again (until next time)." If we have 2 OTs that can't be trusted to play OT, then we have a roster spot.
Third, don't run to the left. You have the Doc and Schwartz that can road grade a few people.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:20 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

And the Texans will likely attempt to do what both Detroit and Indy did.

I hope they do. If I’m BOB, I take one look at our secondary and non existent pass rush, and tell Hopkins and Fuller to go set records.
[Reply]
redfan 12:33 PM 10-07-2019
Seems like easy money if you go HOU, just like it was with IND.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up