ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you handle Kelce putting hands on a coach?
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:55 AM 10-07-2019

pic.twitter.com/d6JyedRqO4

— TPS (@TPS_Youtube) October 7, 2019

[Reply]
wazu 06:35 AM 10-09-2019
Kinda surprised this isn’t a big story this week. Seems largely ignored both nationally and locally.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:05 PM 10-09-2019
Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce told reporters Wednesday that he regretted shoving offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy on the sideline Sunday night as the team was in the midst of suffering its first loss of the season.

"I mean, we're good," Kelce said.

"We've moved on as a team from last game. Me and Coach Bieniemy have a very close relationship. I love him. He's helped me out tremendously as a person, as a professional, and I'm sure he'll keep doing that throughout the rest of my career.

"Just what happened on the sideline, sometimes in football you get a little heated with your brothers or your coaches. Sometimes you've just got to rally the family together and let everybody know that we're in this together to win a game.

During the second quarter of the Chiefs' 19-13 loss to the visiting Indianapolis Colts, NBC cameras caught Kelce and Bieniemy talking before Kelce shoved the coach as he appeared to grow irritated.

The two were then separated, with offensive guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif pulling Kelce away, and offensive tackle Cam Erving grabbing Bieniemy. Afterward, the cameras showed an image of the tight end and coach hugging.

"He's like a father figure, in terms of being there for me on the field," Kelce said, according to ESPN.

"We're wired a little bit the same when it comes to our competitive edge. ... It's something immediately I regretted and I just wanted to make it good and let him know that, 'You know what? I'm ready to rock and roll for you."

Owning your mistakes? Love me some Kelce.

https://sports-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproj...rom%20%251%24s
[Reply]
staylor26 07:06 PM 10-09-2019
Make them fight
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:55 PM 10-09-2019
If the handie or even double handie was consensual I'd be down with it

"I broke off my route too early, so I gave coach a discreet handie on the sideline and we were good"
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:58 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Benching a 31 year old vet that averages 2 fumbles a year for his first fumble this season was retarded.
Not if Reid told him not to carry the ball like that anymore prior to the game. He almost lost it in Det and I'm sure Reid said something to him.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:54 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Not if Reid told him not to carry the ball like that anymore prior to the game. He almost lost it in Det and I'm sure Reid said something to him.
Link to Reid saying something?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:58 PM 10-09-2019
The funny thing is that the two dropped catches weren't really Kelce's fault. Both time the defenders made really good plays to strip the ball out before he could secure it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:10 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The funny thing is that the two dropped catches weren't really Kelce's fault. Both time the defenders made really good plays to strip the ball out before he could secure it.
The first one he should've caught, IMO. The defender really had no shot at it when it hit Kelce's hands; he simply bobbled it a bit and didn't have it secured as he brought his hands down, which is when the defender managed to pop it out of there.

But Kelce is human, so I don't blame him. But I bet if Pat threw the exact same pass to Kelce 100 times, he'd snatch it out of the air perfectly 90 times. And I bet he'd tell you the same thing.

Well, he might say 99 times.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 07:13 AM 10-10-2019
Demitrius Harris did this last season but the coach slipped through his hands so it was no big deal.
[Reply]
loochy 08:17 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Carry the ball like what? He had it tucked when he fumbled.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:09 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Carry the ball like what? He had it tucked when he fumbled.
When I was in high school it was called "high and tight" by my coaches. I guess now they call it "6 points of contact."

https://coachmikereed.wordpress.com/...ball-security/

At the moment the defender punched the ball out, technically Shady had the ball held lower, closer to his lower ribs/abdomen. Most of the time not a big difference, but bad luck bit Shady in the ass right there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:17 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When I was in high school it was called "high and tight" by my coaches. I guess now they call it "6 points of contact."

https://coachmikereed.wordpress.com/...ball-security/

At the moment the defender punched the ball out, technically Shady had the ball held lower, closer to his lower ribs/abdomen. Most of the time not a big difference, but bad luck bit Shady in the ass right there.
What happens if a defender goes for a full punch and misses the ball. With the trend of defenders doing this more and more, there has to be some kind of penalty if you miss, right?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:22 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What happens if a defender goes for a full punch and misses the ball. With the trend of defenders doing this more and more, there has to be some kind of penalty if you miss, right?
Why would missing the ball initiate a penalty?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:45 PM 10-10-2019
On Thursday, Bieniemy was asked by a reporter if a line was crossed when Kelce put his hands on his coach.

Of course,” Bieniemy said. “It goes without saying. When it’s all said and done with, we keep moving. Travis is a helluva kid, a great kid, a beautiful kid. Those things happen. We continue to roll.”

Head coach Andy Reid offered a similar sentiment on Monday. “That’s football,” he said. “It’s an emotional environment. Travis had a potential couple of fumbles going on. ... He was mad at himself, and EB got after him a little bit. Those things happen, but it all worked out all right afterwards.”
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up