ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you handle Kelce putting hands on a coach?
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:55 AM 10-07-2019

pic.twitter.com/d6JyedRqO4

— TPS (@TPS_Youtube) October 7, 2019

[Reply]
dls6501 10:03 AM 10-07-2019
Expecting the same energy from posters who threw a fit when Marcus Peters yelled at a coach.
[Reply]
philfree 10:03 AM 10-07-2019
Looked like the coach went on a little to long and Kelce just wanted to be left alone. It's not like Kelce went after the guy.
[Reply]
DiaperBoy27 10:06 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He looked and played like shit. Something was wrong.
Kelce was awesome in the 1st quarter and looked like he was going to have a huge day. The defense adjusted.

I can see why he was frustrated, the offensive coaching staff couldn't get out of the quick sand they were stuck in, and were getting Mahomes killed on top of that.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:07 AM 10-07-2019
It was obvious Bieniemy was going on about his ball security.

Kelce needs to sober up and man up.
[Reply]
Luv_pony_express 10:08 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'd suspend him one game or fine him a game check. Unacceptable IMO. He's supposed to be a leader. You lead when things get tough. Anyone can do it when it's going well.
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but that's not going to stop me from commenting. :-)

I think a suspension or stiff fine is excessive, given what I saw. But I do think that Kelce should be told that it's unacceptable for him to do that to anybody -- a coach, a teammate, etc. and that any future similar incidents will carry consequences.

It's one thing for him to get emotionally charged, it's another when he crosses the line into something physical (even if the physical confrontation was minimal).

He's a very competitive guy who lost his cool in the heat of battle. It's understandable. But it's not something that should be tolerated.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:10 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Awwwww yea dawg, ya gnomesaine??
Who the F are U? I don't really give a F. ES A! TK wants 2 win You don't question TK ever or his desire
[Reply]
scho63 10:16 AM 10-07-2019
Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:19 AM 10-07-2019
Nothing. Move on. Last night was an abortion top to bottom, including, and especially, from the Coaching Staff.

TK is a beast, and he was frustrated and blowing off steam. This is a large Nothing Burger.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:19 AM 10-07-2019
You don't have to hear too many interviews with Bieniemy to know that he is an old school, drill sergeant type. Even so, Kelce had no right to push him away. But this isn't like the incident with Ramsey. They hugged it out. Kelce is not asking for a trade. By all accounts, everyone is good. Pretty sure that Kelce will be glad to accept any penalty the team might assess. He knows he was wrong to push the coach. Smart money is on this whole thing completely disappearing after today. (Other than this thread.:-) )
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 10:20 AM 10-07-2019
Andy won't do anything....but he probably shouldn't start next week. Let him sit a couple series so everyone gets the message!

You have to do something or else it'll just get worse!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:56 AM 10-07-2019
Did reporters ask Kelce what happened there?
[Reply]
srvy 10:59 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Expecting the same energy from posters who threw a fit when Marcus Peters yelled at a coach.
And then tried to fight the coach on the team bus there is a difference.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Andy won't do anything....but he probably shouldn't start next week. Let him sit a couple series so everyone gets the message!

You have to do something or else it'll just get worse!
You ever try doing behavior modification with a dog? Not obedience (that's pretty easy; simple compulsive training will largely do the trick there) but an actual behavior mod for something like resource guarding? Something where you aren't teaching but rather fundamentally altering a mindset.

The trick is that you absolutely cannot convince a dog who needs an underlying behavior mod that he's a bad dog; the outcomes are disasterous. You have to praise the holy shit out of them immediately after correcting them because if you don't, they'll just throw their hands (paws) up and say "well screw it, if I'm just a dick, might as well lean into it..." and all those negative behaviors will just get worse and worse. They'll close down and at best you'll get them to grumblingly stop doing what it is you said to stop doing only when you're watching and only when they think it's in their best interests. It doesn't actually alter the mindset.

Travis Kelce has made MASSIVE strides as a teammate and person over the last 2 years. I mean it's borderline miraculous how much he's matured. You go out there and slap him down, you're more likely to have him get to "well screw it, if I'm a bad dog, might as well be a bad dog..." and lose your gains.

Kelce had a bad moment in a rough night as part of a season that has to have been hard on him to this point. He's just getting mauled out there. But it says nothing about his development and maturation over the last few years. It was a bad moment for a guy that's become one of the best leaders and teammates on this squad.

He deserves a kangaroo court fine and a talking to, but to say that if you don't "send him a message" he'll get worse is folly. You don't come down hard on a guy who's made massive progress; you'll just make him wonder if the progress was worth it afterall. Acknowledge his gains, give him a bit of a scolding, then praise the holy shit out of everything he's done recently and get him ready to kick ass next Sunday so he can prove to himself that all the personal development he's done has been worthwhile.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:10 AM 10-07-2019
The entire offense looked like they went out and got shitfaced for Kelce's birthday.

They looked like they were all at a dildo party in Baltimore until 5am.

That fucking Mox
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:14 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
If memory serves, most of the griping about Peters here and in Chiefs' Kingdom was about his piss poor tackling. That said, I will reserve any ire for Kelce until he shows up on the field without his socks. :-)

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"
"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."
"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."
"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

Peters had a great game with the two takeaways... but wasn’t real interested in tackling anyone. pic.twitter.com/OFpHzLf0Gp

— Soren Petro (@SorenPetro) October 31, 2017

[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up