ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 301
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
lewdog 08:56 PM 10-09-2019
Separation of Church and Baseball.

Forever and always. Fuck Matheney.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:12 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh yay. We’re going to do this again.
No need to. You already capitulated on this:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/show...&postcount=173
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:37 PM 10-09-2019
Nats just tied it up in the 8th! TBS
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:39 PM 10-09-2019
Off Kershaw as reliever on back to back dongs no less
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:26 AM 10-10-2019
Keep Matheney away from the Royals.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:33 AM 10-10-2019
As DJ pointed out, if you don't object to Matheny on the basis of his religion and all that stuff that supposedly happened in the Cardinals clubhouse, even putting all that to the side, you should be wary of his bullpen management, tendency to overuse young arms (which the Royals will have a lot of talented ones in a couple years) and his loyalty to veteran players over young guys who deserve playing time. That right there is enough reason to say 'no thanks' to Matheny, regardless of the reported 'religious' stuff.

(Yes, I realize that was one long ass run-on sentence)
[Reply]
Mecca 07:36 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
As DJ pointed out, if you don't object to Matheny on the basis of his religion and all that stuff that supposedly happened in the Cardinals clubhouse, even putting all that to the side, you should be wary of his bullpen management, tendency to overuse young arms (which the Royals will have a lot of talented ones in a couple years) and his loyalty to veteran players over young guys who deserve playing time. That right there is enough reason to say 'no thanks' to Matheny, regardless of the reported 'religious' stuff.

All of the baseball stuff says he shouldn't be hired, I think religion is brought up where I can't think of any other reason Moore would want to hire him other than the religious reason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:38 AM 10-10-2019
Hiring Matheny would be an internationally bad move on GMDMs part.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:39 AM 10-10-2019
So basically, what we are saying is that we just concluded the end of the Bob Boone era, and we are now entering the Tony Muser phase of this organization. Good news. That should mean we only have 15 more years of shitty baseball until we see the Playoffs again........:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 07:54 AM 10-10-2019
Don't worry I have a friend who thinks Matheny is awesome because he has a winning record as a manager and because he hates analytics and my friend has been pumping for years how stupid analytics are.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:39 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
So basically, what we are saying is that we just concluded the end of the Bob Boone era, and we are now entering the Tony Muser phase of this organization. Good news. That should mean we only have 15 more years of shitty baseball until we see the Playoffs again........:-)
I look forward to the new Trey Hillman phase.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

He coasted on Larussa's players and system for the first couple of years. His bullpen management was absolutely the worse. Consistently bad choices when to pull a pitcher and who to bring in. He ruined young pitchers arms by overusing them. Vets got all kinds of leeway and young players were pulled the first time they went 0-4. Run away, get as far as you can from Matheny.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:11 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I look forward to the new Trey Hillman phase.
MOOOOOAR team meetings at Home Plate. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:44 AM 10-10-2019
Bring Jesus Back into the Clubhouse Again
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:50 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Bring DeJesus Back into the Clubhouse Again
Fyp
[Reply]
Page 262 of 301
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 > Last »
Up