ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 173 of 211
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:16 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Who the **** thought we’d be hosting the NLCS?
Shit happens in the playoffs. We know that the best. 2006 and 2011 we should not have won those World Series. But, we did. The team with the most talent and played better all season doesnt mean you will win the WS.

We were on the other end of that equation multiple times too. Our 2004 and 2005 teams were the best in baseball most of the year. 2015 our stupid manager doesn't pitch to Big Papi, we win that WS.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This post demands the Carp gif. Where is the Carpenter gif?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:51 PM 10-10-2019
What do you guys think of giving Mikolas the game 1 start over Waino? When I first heard I didnt like it but now I’ve heard the reasoning......to set up Waino for a game 6 start at home on full rest and Flaherty in game 7.

Have to agree now. What say you?
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:54 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What do you guys think of giving Mikolas the game 1 start over Waino? When I first heard I didnt like it but now I’ve heard the reasoning......to set up Waino for a game 6 start at home on full rest and Flaherty in game 7.

Have to agree now. What say you?
Makes sense to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:25 PM 10-10-2019
The logic is sound but I'd gave given gm1 to Hudson so he gets the home start as well.

My preference was

Hudson
Waino

Flaherty
Mikolas
Hudson

Wainwright
Flaherty

But I cant complain too loudly. They decided getting 2 Mikolas starts instead of 2 Hudson starts was more important than getting a Hudson home start. I disagree but it ain't my job...
[Reply]
VAChief 07:01 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The logic is sound but I'd gave given gm1 to Hudson so he gets the home start as well.

My preference was

Hudson
Waino

Flaherty
Mikolas
Hudson

Wainwright
Flaherty

But I cant complain too loudly. They decided getting 2 Mikolas starts instead of 2 Hudson starts was more important than getting a Hudson home start. I disagree but it ain't my job...
Hudson probably is a more useful option out of the bullpen of the starters not named Jack as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Hudson probably is a more useful option out of the bullpen of the starters not named Jack as well.
yeah, assuming Mikolas or Waino flake out early, having Hudson ready to give you 4-5 innings is also a bonus setting it up this way.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:45 PM 10-10-2019
Does the front office decide in game moves all the time?

From the Athletic article:

In fact, as the Cardinals were pouring it on, some members of the front office considered getting word to the dugout that perhaps they could take advantage of the early onslaught to preserve Flaherty for the first game of the NLCS. They could have, say, quickly turned it over to Miles Mikolas or brought him in after giving Flaherty an inning of work, which would have been the equivalent of a bullpen session and wouldn’t have compromised their ace for Game 1.

“There were some people who mentioned it upstairs, but I quickly put that to bed, saying, ‘Win the game,’” Cardinals president of baseball operations John Mozeliak told The Athletic. “You play for today. I think when you start getting cute and trying to manipulate things, it gets dangerous.”
[Reply]
VAChief 04:06 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Does the front office decide in game moves all the time?
I doubt it, or Carp wouldn’t have seen the bench this year.
[Reply]
O.city 06:59 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

My preference was

Hudson
Waino

Flaherty
Mikolas
Hudson

Wainwright
Flaherty

Theyre only gonna need four games anyway so i wouldn't worry about the last 3.

Cards will make this quick.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:47 AM 10-11-2019
Matt Snyder can be a dick at times. He is stuck on the Flaherty decision as if it was a no-brainer to pull him early. First I don't care if you throw three innings...that doesn't mean it is the same as a bullpen session as he seems to equate. Nothing equates to the stress of pitching in a game (even in a blow out) except pitching in a game. Then going on 3 days rest after that is not that hard of a concept to think you might want to avoid. This is not to say that you can't have a different opinion, but it isn't like this is a big gamble. This is the second article I have seen where he sees this as a huge issue to overcome.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/n...cal-opposites/

2011, we had burned Carpenter in game 5 of NLDS...split the first two and then had Carpenter for game 3 (albeit at home). Flaherty is our best pitcher on the road right now.

If we can split or even better win the first two it is like we won the toss and get the ball first in the second half of a football game. You are going to need at least 2 of the other 3 starters to have a good series regardless of where you pitch Jack.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:12 PM 10-11-2019
Tickets look pretty cheap tonight. Found 3rd base dugout box seats for $124 each on StubHub. If I wasn't planning a trip to Europe next summer I'd head out.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:49 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Tickets look pretty cheap tonight. Found 3rd base dugout box seats for $124 each on StubHub. If I wasn't planning a trip to Europe next summer I'd head out.
They will drop more closer to gametime...cold and people are pussing out
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:24 PM 10-11-2019
Anyone worried about Sanchez and his change up befuddling our lineup? We were the worst team in MLB against the changeup.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:38 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I checked out what tickets in DC are going for in game 3 and it is considerably more. Even so if they were to split this weekend or especially if they win both, I might consider ducking out early from work and driving the 2 hours to catch Flaherty’s game.
[Reply]
Page 173 of 211
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183 > Last »
Up