ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 74
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:03 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yes I am completely ridiculous because after more information came out I changed my opinion, wouldn't it be worse to dig my heels in and defend something I said that was stupid?
You’re being a big fucking pussy about this.

I’m not the moron saying this is the flu. I’m not the moron saying we shouldn’t have shut down. I’m not the moron saying let them die.

But I’m also not going to say we need to hide inside for 12 months, and no football there’s a vaccine, etc.

Something has to give and this isn’t deadly enough to justify this craziness.
[Reply]
srvy 01:03 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The guy reminds me of a Nazi scientist that did human experiments.

I don't think he is trustworthy at all.
Never trust a guy who looks like a rat.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:04 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re being a big fucking pussy about this.

I’m not the moron saying this is the flu. I’m not the moron saying we shouldn’t have shut down. I’m not the moron saying let them die.

But I’m also not going to say we need to hide inside for 12 months, and no football there’s a vaccine, etc.

Something has to give and this isn’t deadly enough to justify this craziness.
Football and there not being a shutdown are not the same thing, you seem to have a really hard time with that.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:05 PM 05-11-2020
Football and there not being a shutdown are not the same thing, you seem to have a really hard time with that.
You think that the average person is going to be working while the NFL sits a season out?

:-)

If the money train is going, it’s going.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:06 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You think that we’re all going to be working while the NFL sits a season out?

:-)
Considering there are NFL teams all across the country and I don't expect it to be handled the same everywhere, this is going to be a real fun thing to work out.

It still baffles me that this wasn't something that people expected was a possibility for awhile now.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:07 PM 05-11-2020
The ripple effects of canceling the season are too many to list... Salary cap... next years draft.. players getting older.. support jobs lost.. Fantasy Football .. If I can’t watch my Chiefs play I may go nuts..
[Reply]
staylor26 01:07 PM 05-11-2020
Considering there are NFL teams all across the country and I don't expect it to be handled the same everywhere, this is going to be a real fun thing to work out.

It still baffles me that this wasn't something that people expected was a possibility for awhile now.
Because it’s not.

If we’re all working and pretty much back to normal the NFL isn’t going to sit this one out.

The only scenario where there’s no football season is this gets way worse and we’re all on lockdown in the Fall.

How naive can you be?
[Reply]
srvy 01:07 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think football is going to have the hardest time, just because the teams are so big and the game is played at such close range. At least with baseball pretty much everyone is 6 feet apart except the pitcher and catcher, and if someone is at 1st base.

Football you've guys huddling up, and then going into in the trenches against each other 70-80 times a game.

If this thing isn't going downhill by the end of the June I think they're going to have a hard time. The way things are progressing I'm kind of skeptical. And that doesn't even get into what happens if it comes back in the fall.
Bring back the choir huddle so Pat can stay back 6' and stay in the shotgun.
[Reply]
notorious 01:08 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
The ripple effects of canceling the season are too many to list... Salary cap... next years draft.. players getting older.. support jobs lost.. Fantasy Football .. If I can’t watch my Chiefs play I may go nuts..
Ehh, life will go on and be just fine.

A lot of players will lose their shit, though. That will be entertaining in itself. :-)
[Reply]
Sorry 01:12 PM 05-11-2020
Would a shorten season if only divisional games work?
[Reply]
carcosa 01:13 PM 05-11-2020
I see a lot of people complaining and nobody DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT*

*pledging to commit mass suicide if the season is canceled
[Reply]
notorious 01:14 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Would a shorten season if only divisional games work?
Home field advantage here we come!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:14 PM 05-11-2020
Likelihood of college and high school football this fall?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:15 PM 05-11-2020
Fauci says in that article that millions of antigen tests should be available by August. The FDA authorized the first antigen test 3 days ago which is a rapid detection test. A billion dollar company will absolutely buying thousands of said tests for their business.

You can absolutely have the season if testing is widely available. Test twice a week; once before you leave for a road game and another the day after returning. You could probably have players show up an hour earlier and sit in their car to get the antigen test to enhance social distancing after a game for proper testing procedure.

Other adjustments will be made obviously. No fans, less staff on game day, traveling same day as games to avoid hotels, etc.

And let’s say a player tests positive. They go on the injury report as Covid19 isolation for 3 weeks and then get tested again for clearance to return to the team.

This really shouldn’t be a major issue of testing is available at all times.
[Reply]
notorious 01:15 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Likelihood of college and high school football this fall?
Depends where you live.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 74
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up