ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 151
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:57 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Kansas and their Universities :-)
What an embarrassment to the NCAA.
:-)

Moo fan talking about embarrassment.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:59 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Baloney.

Standing over a player is no excuse for the opposing bench to empty, including a guy not suited up for the game.

Note that no KU player reacted to the KSU bench clearing until a KSU player threw a punch.
Not baloney at all, except for your last line.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:02 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Kansas and their Universities :-)
What an embarrassment to the NCAA.
Yeah, I guess it's not quite up there with a football team holding the university hostage with sit-ins and demands for safe-spaces, etc.....amirite?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:05 AM 01-22-2020

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:28 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Death penalty. Both programs.
That still wouldn't make WSU relevant in Kansas or the NCAA.
[Reply]
notorious 10:33 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
None of my KSU guys talk basketball. Surely KSU is under performing this year. Weber has no chance at getting dumped here?
I don’t know my friend. I don’t follow basketball until the tourney.

I’m one of the freaks that cheers for both teams to do well. I was ecstatic for my friends when KU won it agaisnt Memphis.

All of the bickering is childish garbage. This whole thing just makes me :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 10:35 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-)
[Reply]
dtforever 10:35 AM 01-22-2020
Is it worse to try to steal the ball while the other team is dribbling out the clock, or to dunk as time expires while dribbling out the clock? Asking for a friend. Seriously, my friend wants to know.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:40 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by dtforever:
Is it worse to try to steal the ball while the other team is dribbling out the clock, or to dunk as time expires while dribbling out the clock? Asking for a friend. Seriously, my friend wants to know.
I think both are fine. It’s also fine to block a shot when someone tries to score as time is expiring in a blowout.
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:55 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Agree to disagree, I guess. Normally, I wouldn't care for that but the KSU guard got what was coming. And an attitude like that is what this team needs.

Anyway, as for coaches, I think they both said the right things.

I couldn't help but think damn, Chiefs are going to SB and Jayhawks win big and then this happens. Why can't we have nice things?
The reason you never want a dude standing over another taunting him like that isn't b/c the act is especially heinous (merely bad sportsmanship) in & of itself it's b/c if we're honest about human nature it's not hard to foresee it escalating b/c nobody likes being taunted. That's why they get T'd up when they do it, to keep things from escalating. Obviously it's not a reasonable excuse for a bench clearing brawl. But if you ask him on Sat when half the squad is on ice for the UT game whether he wishes he'd not taunted the Kst guy considering what it led to my guess is the answer is yes.

The Kst guy made a legal (albeit dumb & pointless) basketball play regardless of unwritten basketball rules when he stole the ball at the end. Same as the ensuing block.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:10 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
The reason you never want a dude standing over another taunting him like that isn't b/c the act is especially heinous (merely bad sportsmanship) in & of itself it's b/c if we're honest about human nature it's not hard to foresee it escalating b/c nobody likes being taunted. That's why they get T'd up when they do it, to keep things from escalating. Obviously it's not a reasonable excuse for a bench clearing brawl. But if you ask him on Sat when half the squad is on ice for the UT game whether he wishes he'd not taunted the Kst guy considering what it led to my guess is the answer is yes.

The Kst guy made a legal (albeit dumb & pointless) basketball play regardless of unwritten basketball rules when he stole the ball at the end. Same as the ensuing block.
Half the squad? I seriously don't think so.
[Reply]
warpaint* 11:15 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I didn't mean that part literally but the point is the same.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:15 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Since there was still one second on the clock, the rule is that if you leave the bench during a game, you are ejected from that game and have to sit out the following game. So, they could absolutely clear out both squads for the SEC-B12 challenge, but I highly doubt they will do that. I think they will use some reason and common sense, and state that EVERYONE assumed the game was over and that the players that left the bench weren't on the floor of a game that was still in play. We'll see soon enough what they decide.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:19 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
I didn't mean that part literally but the point is the same.
Yeah, the whole fiasco was embarrassing.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:20 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Since there was still one second on the clock, the rule is that if you leave the bench during a game, you are ejected from that game and have to sit out the following game. So, they could absolutely clear out both squads for the SEC-B12 challenge, but I highly doubt they will do that. I think they will use some reason and common sense, and state that EVERYONE assumed the game was over and that the players that left the bench weren't on the floor of a game that was still in play. We'll see soon enough what they decide.
Well hell, that would be everybody then.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 151
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up