ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 151
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 01:59 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
NReading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)
The biggest problem is one KU created - as part of the last appeal for SDS, KU themselves classified Gassnola as a booster.

Either KU was ready for this and has a way around it, or the NCAA played KU like fools and had them seal their own fate.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:25 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
The biggest problem is one KU created - as part of the last appeal for SDS, KU themselves classified Gassnola as a booster.

Either KU was ready for this and has a way around it, or the NCAA played KU like fools and had them seal their own fate.
I can't image KU would be dumb enough to fall for "Well, if you say he's a booster, we'll let SDS play" without some sort of protection in this type of case, but what do I know.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:31 PM 09-26-2019
They got busted. Time to pay the crime. Which is just a bullshit dog and pony show by the NCAA to pretend this stuff doesn't exist everywhere. The Beakers are a fall guy and it's a crock of shit
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:48 PM 09-26-2019
My buddy familiar with insiders texted me these notes - we shall see if his info is good:

Kinda sorta what you said. They’ve already internally to go after the booster destination and will argue these guys work for multiple programs hence not boosters.

They don’t work for Kansas at all, they work for Adidas helping their portfolio of schools. It’s therefoe impossible they can be tied to any 1 school. They’re indiff to whether recruit goes to Kansas or Arizona. This argument will be released in the next month or two”

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:48 PM 09-26-2019
NCAA is claiming Gassnola is a booster and they cannot by rule be allowed to help the program in any way re: recruiting. In the Doc they are defining Gassnola as a “representative of the Intitution”. And an Adidas employee too. That means booster.

They are not claiming Self paid Gassnola. They are not claiming Self KNEW Gassnola was paying anyone or even offering to. None of it matters - Self used a booster to help him recruit.

Reading thru this it’s clear there’s only one way around it: prove Gassnola isn’t a booster. (Or the term is so vague it’s impossible to define who is)
I thought their claim is that Self knew or should have known about payment?

If they're only claiming that Self expected an "assist" from Gassnola, I can't imagine the punishment would be that severe. They can't justify a postseason ban for that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:06 PM 09-26-2019
My buddy familiar with insiders texted me these notes - we shall see if his info is good:

Kinda sorta what you said. They’ve already internally to go after the booster destination and will argue these guys work for multiple programs hence not boosters.

They don’t work for Kansas at all, they work for Adidas helping their portfolio of schools. It’s therefoe impossible they can be tied to any 1 school. They’re indiff to whether recruit goes to Kansas or Arizona. This argument will be released in the next month or two”
That makes good sense.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:30 PM 09-26-2019
I was on the plausible-deniability train yesterday but I think I’m off it now. Yeah, the argument is either they work for Adidas, or they work for everyone.

Buddy said KU is discussing a “malicious prosecution” lawsuit vs NCAA if they’re singled out. Hold onto your hats.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:47 PM 09-26-2019
I was on the plausible-deniability train yesterday but I think I’m off it now. Yeah, the argument is either they work for Adidas, or they work for everyone.

Buddy said KU is discussing a “malicious prosecution” lawsuit vs NCAA if they’re singled out. Hold onto your hats.
I don't know what the burden of proof is on the suit, but I'd say file that bitch.

If the NCAA will look at the deposition and only pick KU, that's hogshit.

Especially after that fool is trying to dig up 100K for Zion, and he ends up at Duke. As if he'd go there for free. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:10 PM 09-26-2019

"Buddy" as in butt buddy.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:27 PM 09-26-2019
Are we at the stage where we're still pretending that the NCAA has any sort of a clue as to what they are doing, or have we moved onto we'll show them! yet? Inquiring minds need to know!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:34 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don't know what the burden of proof is on the suit, but I'd say file that bitch.

If the NCAA will look at the deposition and only pick KU, that's hogshit.

Especially after that fool is trying to dig up 100K for Zion, and he ends up at Duke. As if he'd go there for free. :-)
So common sense does still exist.

On the college b-ball board that I read, the Duke apologists claim exactly that—Zion had demands for KU only and opted to play at Duke for free.

And of course, every Kentucky fan thinks they’re 100% clean and that somehow they’ve been exonerated.

In summary, everyone cheats but the two schools that bag all the talent. Can’t make it up.

Of course, Merl Code himself was caught on tape saying specifically that Duke, Kentucky and all top Nike schools cheat, but they know more than he does.
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:10 PM 09-26-2019
Gosh damn, all I know is I'm living here in Kentucky with a damn Target on my back every time I wear my KU gear outing public.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:12 PM 09-26-2019
Wasn't that douche at Arizona caught on tape authorizing 100k for someone?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:13 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Gosh damn, all I know is I'm living here in Kentucky with a damn Target on my back every time I wear my KU gear outing public.
Feel sorry for you. They are going to come after you as hard as they do their sisters on a Friday night.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:01 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Feel sorry for you. They are going to come after you as hard as they do their sisters on a Friday night.
:-).

Well played sir.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 151
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up