ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 151
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:18 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Justice served
What justice was served and for what penalty?

Derp. Like you know anything.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:20 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you ask me, they finally got proof with the help of the wiretaps and FBI etc. I'm sure they are thrilled they finally obtained the information to be able to do something instead of get stonewalled by players family, the university, etc.

But I know that isn't a popular opinion. Amazing how unbiased I am even though I'm a KU fan? God damn it really is something.
I’ll never understand why people jump the gun. Nobody even knows what’s in here or what evidence exists. There’s never anything wrong letting a process play out and seeing facts emerge. Tyreek Hill was a prime example.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:45 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
It could be worse. We could be WSU.
Just being a shocker would be a shitshow.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:32 PM 09-23-2019
So despite the evidence pointing to Self not knowing about the payments, KU not playing Preston and De Sousa being reinstated by the NCAA, the NCAA wants to punish KU for...what exactly?

I get that the NCAA need to save face, but I don't understand what was supposed to be done. Should Preston and de Sousa have been expelled? For what exactly?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:52 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’ll never understand why people jump the gun. Nobody even knows what’s in here or what evidence exists. There’s never anything wrong letting a process play out and seeing facts emerge. Tyreek Hill was a prime example.
Huh? They have text messages from Self to a booster.

They have our assistant coach talking about looking to pay Zion.

They have no such things on Duke even though they sure are in on this as well.

We need to have a trained criminal come in and teach these guys more about how to maintain plausible deniability.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 PM 09-23-2019
I don't seem to remember there being any text messages from Coach K or from any Duke assistants about debating paying Zion.

That is the thing. You need proof. Everyone knows Zion got paid. But Duke's staff at least is a hell of alot smarter than ours.
wait, there are texts from Self saying pay these guys?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:14 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
wait, there are texts from Self saying pay these guys?
From an article I posted earlier today "The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”"

I'd think if he texted Gassnola "pay them" then that would be in there.

I'd be interested in seeing if Self texted to pay them
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:16 PM 09-23-2019
Huh? They have text messages from Self to a booster.

They have our assistant coach talking about looking to pay Zion.

They have no such things on Duke even though they sure are in on this as well.

We need to have a trained criminal come in and teach these guys more about how to maintain plausible deniability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:00 PM 09-23-2019
Huh? They have text messages from Self to a booster..
Yawn.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 09-23-2019
Whatever. UNC was guilty as f*** and got away on technicalities. Don’t justify what they did. I don’t know anything about Dook.

If Townsend really offered to pay Despusa he should be banned from working in college sports and KU should be punished some way. Perhaps a year of lost schollies or two years of it.

The ncaa isn’t a joke, if you diaband it some other org would take co tell
I’d be Down. I really would. But on no way would I support KU taking heat all alone.

KU is on tape trying to dig up 100K for Zion. And we’re supposed to believe he went to Duke for free? Yeah. I’m not all about KU getting hung out all by themselves.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:38 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
From an article I posted earlier today "The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”"

Gassnola already said (under oath no less) the KU coaches didn’t know about the payments so you don’t have to wonder.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...nts-123175350/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:49 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:

Thats not smoking gun. A comment about UNC and Duke being corrupt?
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:24 AM 09-24-2019
What justice was served and for what penalty?

Derp. Like you know anything.
Look at you whining in this thread like the little bitch you are! Take your medicine, pussy.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:31 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats not smoking gun. A comment about UNC and Duke being corrupt?
Yeah I agree. If there were a smoking gun in the allegations or in court, Yahoo would have reported it in that article.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:33 AM 09-24-2019
Gassnola already said (under oath no less) the KU coaches didn’t know about the payments so you don’t have to wonder.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...nts-123175350/
Gassnola isn't going to perjure himself to protect Self or KU
[Reply]
Page 28 of 151
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up