ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 151
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:41 PM 09-23-2019
That's cool. At least they included zion in the...
Oh wait.....
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:45 PM 09-23-2019
Uh if this is all they have wow.

It’s Preston, who never played and KU took him out when they found out, and De Sousa, who the NCAA cleared. TWICE. If this is all they have zero chance on lack of institutional control.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:46 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

It’s Preston, who never played and KU took him out when they found out, and De Sousa, who the NCAA cleared. TWICE. If this is all they have zero chance on lack of institutional control.
We've been more careful than anyone else has been on this stuff, NCAA can GFO
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:49 PM 09-23-2019
If the ncaa actually cared, they'd go after Kansas for zion. Which opens the door for asking... If Kansas lost zion, what did Duke do to win him? That this was completely left off the accusation speaks volumes about the ncaa's horseshit.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:49 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

The NCAA and that WVU flunkie who has had a hard-on for KU ever since he got the job, is likely to get embarrassed in court again--just like UNC and Duke bent him over and spanked that ignorant ass. Damn WVU inbred morons...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:50 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Every program in the country needs to follow UNC's approach. If that happened, they'd have a choice: figure out a way to be consistent, reasonable, and fair....or continue to be humiliated in cases it can't defend in court. The NCAA has become a complete joke, and everyone seems to know it...except them.
Whatever. UNC was guilty as f*** and got away on technicalities. Don’t justify what they did. I don’t know anything about Dook.

If Townsend really offered to pay Despusa he should be banned from working in college sports and KU should be punished some way. Perhaps a year of lost schollies or two years of it.

The ncaa isn’t a joke, if you diaband it some other org would take co tell
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 05:22 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Whatever. UNC was guilty as f*** and got away on technicalities. Don’t justify what they did. I don’t know anything about Dook.

If Townsend really offered to pay Despusa he should be banned from working in college sports and KU should be punished some way. Perhaps a year of lost schollies or two years of it.

The ncaa isn’t a joke, if you diaband it some other org would take co tell
A year or two of 1-2 lost scholarships, maybe; otherwise, drag the NCAAs sorry ass into a protracted fight in the courts......the bullying needs to be stopped. The NCAA has become a stinking joke; everyone who's paying attention knows it ....inconsistencies, biases, personal vendettas and corruption have erased any real credibility they use to have. Either they fix themselves, or someone WILL replace them. The smarter schools are beginning to figure it out--they don't have to play the NCAAs rigged game anymore. And I think the NCAA is beginning to see it's going to have to change...or be left behind.

If their corruption isn't enough, the grand larceny of the student athlete generated billions they have bilked from kids who didn't know how to fight them....will bring them to their knees. And I suspect it's going to be sooner rather than later, now that states are beginning to stand up against them too.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:23 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's cool. At least they included zion in the...
Oh wait.....
I don't seem to remember there being any text messages from Coach K or from any Duke assistants about debating paying Zion.

That is the thing. You need proof. Everyone knows Zion got paid. But Duke's staff at least is a hell of alot smarter than ours.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:24 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
The NCAA hasore a joke; everyone who's paying attention knows it ....inconsistencies, biases, personal vendettas and corruption have erased any real credibility they use to have. Either they fix themselves, or someone WILL replace them. The smarter schools are beginning to figure it out--they don't have to play the NCAAs rigged game anymore. And I think the NCAA is beginning to see it's going to have to change...or be left behind.

If their corruption isn't enough, the grand larceny of the student athlete generated billions they have bilked from kids who didn't know how to fight them....will bring them to their knees. And I suspect it's going to be sooner rather than later, now that states are beginning to stand up against them too.
If you ask me, they finally got proof with the help of the wiretaps and FBI etc. I'm sure they are thrilled they finally obtained the information to be able to do something instead of get stonewalled by players family, the university, etc.

But I know that isn't a popular opinion. Amazing how unbiased I am even though I'm a KU fan? God damn it really is something.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 05:41 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you ask me, they finally got proof with the help of the wiretaps and FBI etc. I'm sure they are thrilled they finally obtained the information to be able to do something instead of get stonewalled by players family, the university, etc.

But I know that isn't a popular opinion. Amazing how unbiased I am even though I'm a KU fan? God damn it really is something.
The NCAA is like the parent who may be "right," on candy-assed old-fashioned ways of doing things--because, damn it, it's always been done THIS way! But the schools and kids aren't buying it anymore, and the parents have lost any real respect...because of lies, cover-ups, hypocrisy, and inconsistency in discipline.

It's like the parent who expects his kids to do what he says, not what he does. Actions speak louder than words, and when dad is a adulterous, cheating, lying oxycontin addict....he has no credibility telling his kid he shouldn't smoke weed, and party and sleep around when he heads to college. The kid is gonna do what they want....even if it's "wrong," because of the example they have been shown.

The NCAA needs to clean it's own house before lecturing others...
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 06:34 PM 09-23-2019
Death Penalty. Perp walk Self without the toupe.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:41 PM 09-23-2019
It could be worse. We could be WSU.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:43 PM 09-23-2019
“By the NCAA’s own admission through its public statements early this summer, it’s no secret that there is tremendous pressure on the NCAA to respond to the federal court proceedings involving college basketball. Compelled to reassure member institutions and the general public that it can police its member institutions, the NCAA enforcement staff has responded in an unnecessarily aggressive manner in submitting today’s unsubstantiated Notice of Allegations, and I, as well as the University, will vigorously dispute what has been alleged.

In its haste and attempt to regain control, the enforcement staff has created a false narrative regarding me and our basketball program. The narrative is based on innuendo, half-truths, misimpressions and mischaracterizations. In reality, we all know there is only one version of the truth. The truth is based on verifiable facts, and I am confident the facts we will demonstrate in our case will expose the inaccuracies of the enforcement staff’s narrative.

I have always taken pride in my commitment to rules compliance and led programs that operate with integrity and within the rules, and I am proud of the success that we have achieved at each program along the way. Every student-athlete who has ever played for me and their families know we follow the rules.

These allegations are serious and damaging to the University and to myself, and I hate that KU has to go through this process. With our staff’s full cooperation, these allegations will be addressed within NCAA procedures and with urgency and resolve. I will strenuously defend myself and the program, but I will respect the process and will not speak to the details of the case.”
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 06:44 PM 09-23-2019
lol
Attached: 1AA329FF-0202-4A0C-8006-458A94A200C1.jpg (40.3 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:56 PM 09-23-2019
Justice served
[Reply]
Page 27 of 151
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up