ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 151
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:09 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of douchebags
What happened?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM 09-21-2019
I assume postseason ban and loss of scholarships?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:44 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What happened?
Absolutely nothing. KC Star running gossip as usual. No new news.

KU might eventually get shafted, but not today.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:10 PM 09-21-2019
Kentucky board: “Self is gonna try and sweep this under his rug”
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:19 PM 09-21-2019
Lol! I accidentally gave that a thumbs down. Sorry!
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:31 PM 09-21-2019
He's not an upstanding citizen like Calipari that's for sure
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 04:07 PM 09-23-2019
Yahoo reporting KU basketball and Bill Self hit with multiple Level I charges

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kan...210015300.html

The Level I violations are tied, in part, to the recruitments of Billy Preston and Silvio De Sousa. Court testimony and documents tied to the federal basketball corruption cases over the past two years included details of veteran adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola having “conspired to illicitly funnel approximately at least $90,000” to the mother of Preston. Gassnola also testified in court that he paid De Sousa’s guardian $2,500, although he denied arranging a $20,000 payment that had been discussed on wiretaps.

The charge against Self will potentially prove a compelling and high-profile application of the NCAA’s head coach responsibility bylaws. Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:15 PM 09-23-2019
Expect the University to appeal and litigate this to the bitter end (months, if not years)...given the "pass" other prominent programs have received for more egregious "violations." The NCAA will be very hard-pressed to use a double-standard due to their incredible inconsistencies in these cases, and in light of the personal vendetta of the board's former WVU idiot leading this. There is enough animosity in this, it could get really ugly if the NCAA tries to play hardball....especially given the evergrowing public relations embarrassment that they've become. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:16 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Expect the University to appeal and litigate this to the bitter end (months, if not years)...given the "pass" other prominent programs have received for more egregious "violations." The NCAA will be very hard-pressed to use a double-standard because of the personal vendetta of the board's former WVU idiot leading this.
No shit
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:21 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Expect the University to appeal and litigate this to the bitter end (months, if not years)...given the "pass" other prominent programs have received for more egregious "violations." The NCAA will be very hard-pressed to use a double-standard because of the personal vendetta of the board's former WVU idiot leading this. There is enough animosity in this, it could get really ugly if the NCAA tries to play hardball....especially given the evergrowing public relations embarrassment that they've become. Time will tell.
And the KC Star's "Editorial Board" has already weighed in with an article headlined, "If KU basketball committed major NCAA violations, the program must be held accountable."

"The University of Kansas is certainly entitled to its day in court. (Really? Thank you for that nugget of wisdom.)

At the same time, KU should not attempt to duck responsibility or hide behind technicalities and secrecy. The school should insist on transparency and accountability from everyone associated with men’s basketball as the NCAA process moves forward." (The lofty air is thin in the board's moral high ground.) :-)

What? No analogy to Tyreek & his former trial in the court of public opinion?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:30 PM 09-23-2019
UNC showed the roadmap for this.

Lawyer up, fight this bitterly in court, and force the NCAA to dig in its heels on every program or make them give up. In UNC’s case, they gave up.

Mizzou showed what happens when you take the high road and cooperate with the NCAA. You'll get trashed.

I have a feeling KU is going to fist fight this one. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The commentary I've seen from rival fanbases (not counting Kentucky, looooool), says if KU goes down, everyone will.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:31 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
And the KC Star's "Editorial Board" has already weighed in with an article headlined, "If KU basketball committed major NCAA violations, the program must be held accountable."

"The University of Kansas is certainly entitled to its day in court. (Really? Thank you for that nugget of wisdom.)

At the same time, KU should not attempt to duck responsibility or hide behind technicalities and secrecy. The school should insist on transparency and accountability from everyone associated with men’s basketball as the NCAA process moves forward." (The lofty air is thin in the board's moral high ground.) :-)

Yeah, folks in glass houses shouldn't be chucking stones....given the ethical lapses, extreme biases, and any semblance of transparency or humility when their story fell apart...they can go fuck themselves,
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 04:34 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:

lol KU needs to focus on winning championships and fighting the NCAA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:37 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

Lawyer up, fight this bitterly in court, and force the NCAA to dig in its heels on every program or make them give up, they gave up.

Mizzou showed what happens when you take the high road and cooperate with the NCAA. You'll get trashed.

I have a feeling KU is going to fist fight this one. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The commentary I've seen from rival fanbases (not counting Kentucky, looooool), says if KU goes down, everyone will.
Correct. the NC way is the only way to fight the corrupt NCAA. Lawyer up, fight, fight. Drag it out for years.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:39 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

Lawyer up, fight this bitterly in court, and force the NCAA to dig in its heels on every program or make them give up, they gave up.

Every program in the country needs to follow UNC's approach. If that happened, they'd have a choice: figure out a way to be consistent, reasonable, and fair....or continue to be humiliated in cases it can't defend in court. The NCAA has become a complete joke, and everyone seems to know it...except them.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 151
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up