ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 151
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 04:55 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
What did they do? Give someone who has a marketable skill some money or something?
Or even worse, allowed a player to profit off their own likeness.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:01 PM 09-20-2019
Apparently the McBride decision was made Tuesday and has nothing to do with this development
[Reply]
Bump 05:10 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
the horror!
[Reply]
Stewie 05:17 PM 09-20-2019
The media (especially the desperate KC Star) is making a huge jump here. There is no evidence of wrong-doing by KU or Bill Self. This all has to do with payments to kids under the thumb of Adidas and their "coaches" at the lowest level (looking for a payday).

The record shows that Bill Self and KU had no knowledge of these payments to flunkie parents and grandparents (Gonna get paid 'cuz that boy can ball!").

This has been going on for at least two years and won't be solved for at least three more years. Yay NCAA! The "NCAA Attorney full employment act goes on and on."

Did you see what the conditioning coach that left KU for Texas is making? She's making $270,000 per year. What the hell? Something is upside down.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:19 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Was really high on this kid, at least compared to his recruiting ranking. Disappointing.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:20 PM 09-20-2019
What did they do? Give someone who has a marketable skill some money or something?
I don't know, I guess schools should just, you know, not cheat. I know they all do it but I'm tired of the blame the NCAA gets. They are shit on if they look the other way or if they enforce the rules that kids and schools are supposed to abide by.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:33 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Stewie:
The media (especially the desperate KC Star) is making a huge jump here. There is no evidence of wrong-doing by KU or Bill Self. This all has to do with payments to kids under the thumb of Adidas and their "coaches" at the lowest level (looking for a payday).

The record shows that Bill Self and KU had no knowledge of these payments to flunkie parents and grandparents (Gonna get paid 'cuz that boy can ball!").

This has been going on for at least two years and won't be solved for at least three more years. Yay NCAA! The "NCAA Attorney full employment act goes on and on."
Coaches always have plausible deniability unless they’re idiots, which pretty much describes Sweaty Sean Miller

Originally Posted by :
Did you see what the conditioning coach that left KU for Texas is making? She's making $270,000 per year. What the hell? Something is upside down.
Texas shits money.
[Reply]
Bump 06:09 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't know, I guess schools should just, you know, not cheat. I know they all do it but I'm tired of the blame the NCAA gets. They are shit on if they look the other way or if they enforce the rules that kids and schools are supposed to abide by.

via GIPHY

The NCAA is just a farm system for pro sports. A lot of these kids aren't going to the pro's and could make money right now off of their skills. At least ban coaches from being paid and give them an education instead.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:44 PM 09-20-2019
The NCAA is just a farm system for pro sports. A lot of these kids aren't going to the pro's and could make money right now off of their skills. At least ban coaches from being paid and give them an education instead.
Why is that the NCAA's fault? That is the NBA and NFL for making such a discriminatory rule.

Nobody is making you go to the NCAA to play college sports. In fact, they offer you free room, board, travel, and publicity in exchange for you to play for them. It's up to the player if they wish to accept this offer or not.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:44 PM 09-20-2019
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of douchebags
[Reply]
sedated 07:44 PM 09-20-2019
Duke pays Zion, nothing.

UNC has decades of fake classes, nothing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Duke pays Zion, nothing.

UNC has decades of fake classes, nothing.
Calipari doing Calipari things at U.K. nothing

Ben Simmons magically goes to LSU. Nothing
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:22 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of douchebags
You never fail to live up to your reputation
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:29 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Calipari doing Calipari things at U.K. nothing

Ben Simmons magically goes to LSU. Nothing
Well the coach was fired the next season lol
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:24 PM 09-20-2019
Paying the price for signing with Adidas rather than Nike. That’s all this is.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 151
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up