ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 151
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:36 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I was a 7th grader and Kirk was a sophomore I stole the ball from him in a pick up game at the Hyper Center in Sioux City. Thats all I got. He destroyed us though. He probably had smoked a bowl before. Just effortless basketball. One kid on my team ended up playing at Northern Iowa too. We had no chance.
When I was an undergrad, you would occasionally see KU players at pickup games. As good as they look watching them in Allen field house, it's a different story being on the court. It was spring /summer but I was always a little surprised to see them playing random pickup games.
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:16 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
When I was an undergrad, you would occasionally see KU players at pickup games. As good as they look watching them in Allen field house, it's a different story being on the court. It was spring /summer but I was always a little surprised to see them playing random pickup games.
You ever watch them play against the football players in pick up? It resembled something between basketball and football. I went to KU when the two programs didn't care much for each other.
[Reply]
DanBecky 01:34 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Reed with Burlington had a guy on their team named Geoff Reeves I believe he played at Cornell. Those two were throwing alley oops against us and beat us by like 50 points. Small town Kansas high school basketball and when you have two D1 guys it's just not fair haha
I watched Tyrel and Geoff when they came to Cherryvale for a game one time. I believe it was Tyrel’s senior year? Dude was almost touching the top of the white box on the backboard during warm ups. It was crazy. He was pretty damn athletic for a white kid.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:37 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
I watched Tyrel and Geoff when they came to Cherryvale for a game one time. I believe it was Tyrel’s senior year? Dude was almost touching the top of the white box on the backboard during warm ups. It was crazy. He was pretty damn athletic for a white kid.
I would imagine Reed was one of those kids who had an insane max vert leap but a much less standing vertical leap. It was obvious he was a great athlete, but he never really figured out how to utilize it very well at the D1 level. He wasn't a quick jumper, but he could jump far and high - if that makes any sense.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:42 AM 06-24-2019
too soon to start the '21-'22 thread?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...231883463.html
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:34 AM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
too soon to start the '21-'22 thread?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...231883463.html
I think he's going to re-classify and be part of the 21 class. He should be a top 10/top 20 type once he's able to be ranked. Huge early coup for Self if it sticks. I guess he's best friends with Jalen Wilson.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:26 AM 06-24-2019
Nice to get an early commitment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:58 AM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Nice to get an early commitment.
It's definitely better than not getting the commitment now. But, these top level guys change their commitments all the time right up to signing day. I'll believe it when its actually done.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:07 PM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It's definitely better than not getting the commitment now. But, these top level guys change their commitments all the time right up to signing day. I'll believe it when its actually done.
Not that it doesn't happen in basketball, but it's not anywhere close to what happens in college football. Generally, most of the college bball players stick with a choice once one is made unless something changes at the school they chose.

What's the last high profile player that has publicly chosen a school and then changed their mind to another school before signing a LOI? I can't remember, but my memory isn't what it used to be; especially in regards to recruiting.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:24 PM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
I remember encountering Kevin Pritchard a 6’3” guard played in the 80s. I remember thinking I was doing a good job staying in front of him and then suddenly he does a pull up jumper and I’m looking at his waist is at my eye level.
[Reply]
sedated 03:28 PM 06-24-2019
Not that it doesn't happen in basketball, but it's not anywhere close to what happens in college football. Generally, most of the college bball players stick with a choice once one is made unless something changes at the school they chose.

What's the last high profile player that has publicly chosen a school and then changed their mind to another school before signing a LOI? I can't remember, but my memory isn't what it used to be; especially in regards to recruiting.
IIRC, in hoops it's generally when the coach leaves.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 03:50 PM 06-24-2019

Yep. What’s weird is for KU, the last few guys who committed multiple years out never ended up coming to KU because they weren’t good enough and self just sort of recruited over them or maybe pulled the offer? Remember Markese Jacobs? Everyone thought he’d be a big prospect because he committed to us really early, then by the end he was a fringe top 100 prospect and he is going somewhere else. I honestly can’t remember any soph commits that have actually stuck for us off the top of my head.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:22 PM 06-27-2019

#ForTheCity ���� pic.twitter.com/9RP3MeiMQf

— Quentin Grimes (@qdotgrimes) June 27, 2019

[Reply]
sedated 03:27 PM 06-27-2019
Looks like they photoshopped off a few pounds in that pic.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:33 PM 06-27-2019
It must be photoshopped because his fingers signify that he hit a 3
[Reply]
Page 22 of 151
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up