ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 151
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:53 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Yeah something about last year was just off from the beginning.
???? We were preseason #1, started 9-0 with wis over top 5 teams Mich State and Tennessee.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:25 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
???? We were preseason #1, started 9-0 with wis over top 5 teams Mich State and Tennessee.
And that first game with Grimes going off was really promising. It was still right in the middle of discovering Mahomes as the greatest QB in the league.

By the time I was ready to really focus on KU, Doke was injured, Grimes was a bust, Vick was gone, De Sousa wasn't gonna play, and our best player (Dedric) couldn't jump over a sheet of paper.

Just a weird year altogether. Not a really "exciting" team.

Much, much more excited about this one.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:00 PM 06-13-2019
Any team where Vick was being asked to play that significant of a role wasn’t going to be that good of a team.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:12 PM 06-14-2019
I’m reading fans think this Wilson committing is a big deal. The Athletic article doesn’t even have him starting. 6th men off the bench are helpful but don’t decide who wins the national title.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 07:48 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m reading fans think this Wilson committing is a big deal. The Athletic article doesn’t even have him starting. 6th men off the bench are helpful but don’t decide who wins the national title.
Wasn't Collins the 6th man on the 2008 team?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:00 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Any team where Vick was being asked to play that significant of a role wasn’t going to be that good of a team.
Yawn. AZ was the significant role, with Dedric.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:35 PM 06-17-2019
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...ng-the-us-open

Score one for us college basketball guys. Play a year at a D2 powerhouse, get embarrassed by an NBA top-10 pick that forces you to transfer and play golf. Boom, US Open winner.

I blame Marcus and Markieef Morris for not being top-10 picks and that’s why I can’t win the US Open. Nothing to do with my inconsistent wedge game and left to right drive. Not that at all.

How about Woodland though? Riggs had a bunch of blogs on Woodland from yesterday, check them out for sure. The dude was stones on Sunday after struggling a bit in the first third of the round. That putt on 18 was awesome. The chip from the green on 17 was insane.

Think you have to credit college basketball for that. Actually he may need to call up Dana Altman and thank him for not offering him at Creighton. This story from a few months ago talks about how Woodland was looking to transfer and someone called Altman to see if he was interested. Said Woodland could shoot but had no chance of defending anyone.

Cox tried to help Woodland. He reached out to some of his college contacts, including Dana Altman, then at Creighton, and pitched the 6-foot-1 Woodland as a guard who could “shoot the lights out.” Cox said the response was standard: “Who can he guard? How’s he going to be on defense?” But Cox didn’t have a good answer. If Woodland was coming out of high school today, Cox believes, with the premium that colleges put on shooters, Woodland would have received more and better offers.

Based on that putt on 18 it sounds about right that Woodland had unlimited range as a shooter too.

@jaybusbee
Gary Woodland on how he switched from basketball to golf: "That decision got forced on me. I had to guard Kirk Hinrich, and I realized, I'm going to have to do something else."
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:21 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...ng-the-us-open

Score one for us college basketball guys. Play a year at a D2 powerhouse, get embarrassed by an NBA top-10 pick that forces you to transfer and play golf. Boom, US Open winner.

I blame Marcus and Markieef Morris for not being top-10 picks and that’s why I can’t win the US Open. Nothing to do with my inconsistent wedge game and left to right drive. Not that at all.

How about Woodland though? Riggs had a bunch of blogs on Woodland from yesterday, check them out for sure. The dude was stones on Sunday after struggling a bit in the first third of the round. That putt on 18 was awesome. The chip from the green on 17 was insane.

Think you have to credit college basketball for that. Actually he may need to call up Dana Altman and thank him for not offering him at Creighton. This story from a few months ago talks about how Woodland was looking to transfer and someone called Altman to see if he was interested. Said Woodland could shoot but had no chance of defending anyone.

Cox tried to help Woodland. He reached out to some of his college contacts, including Dana Altman, then at Creighton, and pitched the 6-foot-1 Woodland as a guard who could “shoot the lights out.” Cox said the response was standard: “Who can he guard? How’s he going to be on defense?” But Cox didn’t have a good answer. If Woodland was coming out of high school today, Cox believes, with the premium that colleges put on shooters, Woodland would have received more and better offers.

Based on that putt on 18 it sounds about right that Woodland had unlimited range as a shooter too.

@jaybusbee
Gary Woodland on how he switched from basketball to golf: "That decision got forced on me. I had to guard Kirk Hinrich, and I realized, I'm going to have to do something else.
"
I think everyone that has played basketball eventually had the same conclusion. Mine, though wasn't guarding Kirk Heinrich, though.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:06 PM 06-17-2019
Mine was in high school playing against Tyrell Reed
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:36 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Mine was in high school playing against Tyrell Reed
Thanks for making me feel like an old ass fucking man. I figured you were older than that.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:18 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think everyone that has played basketball eventually had the same conclusion. Mine, though wasn't guarding Kirk Heinrich, though.
I was a 7th grader and Kirk was a sophomore I stole the ball from him in a pick up game at the Hyper Center in Sioux City. Thats all I got. He destroyed us though. He probably had smoked a bowl before. Just effortless basketball. One kid on my team ended up playing at Northern Iowa too. We had no chance.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:21 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I was a 7th grader and Kirk was a sophomore I stole the ball from him in a pick up game at the Hyper Center in Sioux City. Thats all I got. He destroyed us though. He probably had smoked a bowl before. Just effortless basketball. One kid on my team ended up playing at Northern Iowa too. We had no chance.
Reed with Burlington had a guy on their team named Geoff Reeves I believe he played at Cornell. Those two were throwing alley oops against us and beat us by like 50 points. Small town Kansas high school basketball and when you have two D1 guys it's just not fair haha
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:22 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Thanks for making me feel like an old ass fucking man. I figured you were older than that.
Haha why did you think I'm old? I'm 32
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:44 AM 06-18-2019
I quit playing when I started high school to focus on football and baseball.

I did have some friends that thought they were going D-1...until they played against Travis Releford when he was at Miege.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:14 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Haha why did you think I'm old? I'm 32
Seems like you’ve been here longer. I’m 36 and I don’t consider myself “old”. Ya fuck. :-).
[Reply]
Page 21 of 151
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up