ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 104
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:56 PM 12-10-2020
So the big concern with Andy's play-calling in the latter half of this season has been RZ offense. Dan Orlovsky breaks this myth down a bit below.

Starts at about 3:50:

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:59 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I'll eat some crow. I was PISSED after the Tampa game, but it probably wasn't Andy's fault. I was just blown away that our offense was struggling to convert on 3rd down when in the first half they were moving the ball at will.

But ever since that game we've been doing fine, just Denver's defense actually buckling down and stone walling us in the Red Zone, which they're apparently really good at. So hey, it all checks out.
It turns out, other teams make adjustments too.

And their guys get paid to do a job just like ours do.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:39 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The second half against Tampa and most of the game against the Donks:

"ANDY GETTING CUTE WITH PLAYCALLING. HE'S BAD AT CALLING PLAYS! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!"

Notice how the team has perfectly executed its "clock management" (a term I still think is absolute horse shit) and yet those clock cocks from the 2019 regular season who wanted Reid fired because "clock management" aren't making any mention of that or giving him credit the past two weeks.
Agreed.

CP's whiners rarely if ever give credit where credit is due. Even then, usually there's some criticism mixed into it.

But mostly they just need to whine about something. Which is why, despite Andy leading the team to a SB win, in the one year that every Chiefs fan should be over-the-moon ecstatically happy about all the coaches and players, the Frank Clark sucks thread has been resurrected, why the Andy haters have resurfaced, why there's a thread bitching about Hardman, another about Butker, Why there's a thread about why the defense sucks, etc. and so on.

The Chiefs have lost just one game in the past 386 (give or take a couple) days. In that same frame only a handful of teams have managed to score more than 24 points vs. our defense. The offense has scored an average of 31+ points/game.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time. It's like these dimwits have some kind of Chiefs fan PTSD.

The Chiefs are fine. Are they playing at the top of their game on both sides of the ball? No. Do I think they can turn it on whenever they need to? Absolutely. Because they've done it multiple times this year. They just haven't needed to keep the 'turbo' button mashed down for more than a quarter or two. And, if we're honest, weather slowed the offense down a bit a couple times, and the refs have erased some points as well.

As I noted in another thread, the Chiefs have had at a minimum 6 TDs taken off the board this season, and you can make a pretty solid case that the number is 8+ TDs. If just half of those points were tallied, we don't lose any games, and only one game would be within 6 points.

But even if it worked out that way, I'm sure the whiners would still be whining.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:05 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The second half against Tampa and most of the game against the Donks:

"ANDY GETTING CUTE WITH PLAYCALLING. HE'S BAD AT CALLING PLAYS! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!"

Notice how the team has perfectly executed its "clock management" (a term I still think is absolute horse shit) and yet those clock cocks from the 2019 regular season who wanted Reid fired because "clock management" aren't making any mention of that or giving him credit the past two weeks.
Clock Management is, was, and always has been more about the quarterback than head coach.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:23 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It turns out, other teams make adjustments too.

And their guys get paid to do a job just like ours do.
Now, wait a minute, let's not get TOO carried away here...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:18 PM 12-10-2020
Anyone who doesn't understand that Andy Reid is in the top 2 coaches in the NFL is an idiot.

Oh, and by the way, Belichick, who most would say is the number one-

No Brady and what happens there?

Reid has won with a bunch of no-names, some has beens, some never was's, and now with a GOAT.

He's also a great person and his players love him.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 PM 12-10-2020
Anyone who doesn't understand that Andy Reid is in the top 2 coaches in the NFL is an idiot.

Reid has won with a bunch of no-names, some has beens, some never was's, and now with a GOAT.

This is why I believe Reid is a better coach than Belechick. Look at his accomplishments without Mahomes vs Belechick's without Brady.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:17 PM 12-10-2020

I love you Chris, you're such a sweetie!
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:42 PM 12-10-2020
Jesus fuck. Cam Newton is pure dog shit. Most teams lose much more and are far less competitive if they had Cam Newton than what the Patriots are. Cam is ass.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:44 PM 12-10-2020
And the Bucs have a shitload of weapons and they have a single win more than the Pats do.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:01 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Agreed.

CP's whiners rarely if ever give credit where credit is due. Even then, usually there's some criticism mixed into it.

But mostly they just need to whine about something. Which is why, despite Andy leading the team to a SB win, in the one year that every Chiefs fan should be over-the-moon ecstatically happy about all the coaches and players, the Frank Clark sucks thread has been resurrected, why the Andy haters have resurfaced, why there's a thread bitching about Hardman, another about Butker, Why there's a thread about why the defense sucks, etc. and so on.

The Chiefs have lost just one game in the past 386 (give or take a couple) days. In that same frame only a handful of teams have managed to score more than 24 points vs. our defense. The offense has scored an average of 31+ points/game.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time. It's like these dimwits have some kind of Chiefs fan PTSD.

The Chiefs are fine. Are they playing at the top of their game on both sides of the ball? No. Do I think they can turn it on whenever they need to? Absolutely. Because they've done it multiple times this year. They just haven't needed to keep the 'turbo' button mashed down for more than a quarter or two. And, if we're honest, weather slowed the offense down a bit a couple times, and the refs have erased some points as well.

As I noted in another thread, the Chiefs have had at a minimum 6 TDs taken off the board this season, and you can make a pretty solid case that the number is 8+ TDs. If just half of those points were tallied, we don't lose any games, and only one game would be within 6 points.

But even if it worked out that way, I'm sure the whiners would still be whining.
I agree with your post, but after watching this team for almost 50 yrs could it be possible that some of the fan base suffers from ptsd ? Lol
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 AM 12-11-2020
I admit I was against Andy a few years ago. I have posts that show that. But I have begged for forgiveness and reference has come.

In a way Andy is perfect for this franchise. He suffered for years getting so close. In a way we both suffered and now we can both rejoice in a dynasty by thy Lord and savior Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

Andy was already a HOF coach before Patrick. Not first ballot but definitely HOF. It’s crazy that he’s already too 5 in wins and he could possibly go 10 more years with a 25 year old Patrick Mahomes.

I really do think we’re looking at an 80’s 49ers or early 90’s Cowboys type dynasty.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:10 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This is why I believe Reid is a better coach than Belechick. Look at his accomplishments without cheating.
Fixed
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 AM 12-11-2020
i love this GIF

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:25 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I agree with your post, but after watching this team for almost 50 yrs could it be possible that some of the fan base suffers from ptsd ? Lol
2 full seasons of Mahomes followed by a SB victory has pretty much cured my PTSD.

I honestly haven't felt nervous about any game this season, including the game we lost. I felt like we would win that game all the way until we didn't.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 104
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up