ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alright smartypants, fix the OL.
Direckshun 09:19 AM 03-11-2021
Here's what's on our roster right now (after free agency):

LT: Rankin
LG:
C: Allegretti, Williams
RG: Duvarney-Tardif
RT: Niang, Durant

Impending free agents: Reiter, Kilgore, Wisniewski, Remmers, Osemele, Omameh
RFA: Wylie

What're you going to do?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
0% they play Niang at LT.

They're gonna draft or trade for one.
Awfully sure of yourself.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:04 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What’s everyone’s percentage for Niang being the LT?

25%? 50%?
0%.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:37 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I wouldn't sign Wilson to bring water to my dog at this point.
Bahahaha

Fair.

But he's a kid at 22 and hopefully, someone can get him right.

Hell, I'm in my late 30's and still fuck up from time to time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:41 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Bahahaha

Fair.

But he's a kid at 22 and hopefully, someone can get him right.

Hell, I'm in my late 30's and still fuck up from time to time.
It should be incredibly telling that he couldn't even last a week in the Dolphins organization during the fucking off season. Late to a physical, late to a team meeting, and skipped 2 workouts he pledged to participate in.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:58 PM 03-22-2021
What’s everyone’s percentage for Niang being the LT?

25%? 50%?
The real question at this point is "who else?"

I'd have to put it at 33.3%.

1/3 to yes he will.
1/3 to it'll be a vet that comes in between now and the draft.
1/3 to it'll be a draft pick.

And that 1/3 to a vet is starting to make it look more like a 50/50 proposition at this point.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:19 PM 03-22-2021
Any chance we wait and see if fisher might be healthy and resign him cheap?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:23 PM 03-22-2021
The sense I got from Schwartz's initial comments and about it being a "tight cap" is that the Chiefs presented things to them differently than reality. The Chiefs cut Fisher and Schwartz to chase big-ticket FAs. So, will they still want to come back? Maybe... but I have my doubts, at least with Mitch. We'll have to see with Fisher but I'm questioning it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:38 PM 03-22-2021
The real question at this point is "who else?"

I'd have to put it at 33.3%.

1/3 to yes he will.
1/3 to it'll be a vet that comes in between now and the draft.
1/3 to it'll be a draft pick.

And that 1/3 to a vet is starting to make it look more like a 50/50 proposition at this point.
I mean fuck it. Let Niang and a rookie battle it out.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:31 PM 03-22-2021
I mean **** it. Let Niang and a rookie battle it out.
That’s scary! After reading the article below, I hope we can resign fisher to a cheap deal, assuming he’s heathy. Fisher could show enough with his rehab before the draft for us to resign him. I don’t want two rookie LTs, Niang is basically a rookie.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl/wil...e-be-a-success
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:20 PM 03-22-2021
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...at-left-tackle

I know teicher isn’t reliable but here’s a quote from the article...

They still have no obvious candidate to start at left tackle and no one with starting experience to start at center. Eric Fisher, the Chiefs' longtime starting left tackle, was recently released after having surgery for a torn Achilles tendon but could eventually be re-signed.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 11:38 PM 03-22-2021
Sign Fisher back.

Play Thuney at LT until he’s ready.

Invest in overall OL talent in the draft.

Have open competition for the remaining spots on the line (personally I’d currently ride with LDT-LG, Allegretti- OC, Long- RG, Remmers- RT with Niang as developmental talent for depth, hopefully a viable candidate(s) emerge from the draft class as well).

Bring Fisher along to get back in time for a playoff run and bump Thuney back into his natural spot.

Obviously this isn’t plan B but maybe it could be a potential plan E perhaps?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:16 AM 03-23-2021
They have created some depth and flexibility with signings so far, even after missing Williams.

They COULD play Niang at RT. They also could go with Remmers there as a vet who played well at that spot in 2020 (as long as he’s on the right side. Top 10 win rates as a run and pass blocker over there). Or see if Long is rejuvenated enough to play RT at the level he did when he earned a Pro Bowl berth several years ago.

That gives them some options at LT. Barring a vet signing (Villanueva, Okung, Peters) they could still be trying to answer it with a trade (up or for an established player). Or maybe it ends up being a competition between Niang and whoever they can get at 31 or 63.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:54 AM 03-23-2021
The sense I got from Schwartz's initial comments and about it being a "tight cap" is that the Chiefs presented things to them differently than reality. The Chiefs cut Fisher and Schwartz to chase big-ticket FAs. So, will they still want to come back? Maybe... but I have my doubts, at least with Mitch. We'll have to see with Fisher but I'm questioning it.
I can't see Fisher wanting to come back after what went down but that's just me.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:06 PM 03-23-2021
I hope fisher is mature to understand the chiefs position. We’ve got to protect Mahomes and no other teams appear to be rushing to sign him. Plus he knows this team and staff and has a chance to make a run at another Super Bowl. Plus fisher may not want to uproot his wife and kids.... let’s hope so. If his rehab goes well, he could be ready by week 1.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:19 PM 03-23-2021
When would Fisher even be ready to play after that injury tho?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up