ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alright smartypants, fix the OL.
Direckshun 09:19 AM 03-11-2021
Here's what's on our roster right now (after free agency):

LT: Rankin
LG:
C: Allegretti, Williams
RG: Duvarney-Tardif
RT: Niang, Durant

Impending free agents: Reiter, Kilgore, Wisniewski, Remmers, Osemele, Omameh
RFA: Wylie

What're you going to do?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:52 PM 03-13-2021
Would probably go

Williams
Allegretti
Lindstrom (the younger one...would draft with one of the 4th rounders)
Ldt
Remmers/Niang

I think this will be the line for 2021.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
:-) Fisher is 30 and Schwartz is 31. Stuff happens. :-)

How long would you expect Linsley to play here (if he signed)? Two years? Four years? I suppose if the answer is four years, you probably wouldn't make the same investment of draft capital behind him as you might if the answer is only two years.

JMO, but if Linsley is a one or two year solution, then I don't see a strong argument against drafting a Humphrey/ Myers/ Meinerz. They can get experience somewhere on the line in the short term and slide over to center as a long term solution when Linsley becomes too old/ expensive/ hurt.
Linsley is a 3-4 year solution. He's not a 1-year stopgap.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:23 AM 03-16-2021
3 pages and no one even mentions Thuney. Nobody even close to the same page as BV.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:29 AM 03-16-2021
in all honestly, I attempted to write a post with Williams and Thuney and figured it wasn't worth it because I'd just get shouted down. Plus, personally I thought BV would have wanted to solve the OC spot, but they obviously feel that they can draft a guy or Allegretti can hold down the spot.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:05 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
3 pages and no one even mentions Thuney. Nobody even close to the same page as BV.
I think everyone had a good idea what Thuney would cost coupled with the facts that LG has been a plug with whoever can breathe position here and LT and LDE as big-ticket items.

I don't think it's about nobody wanting better on the interior or being unhappy Veach actually went that route, but you have to admit it was highly unexpected. I think the national audience was equivocally wowed.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:16 AM 03-16-2021
The Chiefs got tired of having a human turnstile at the guard position. I'm just kinda surprised that nobody here thought out loud in that direction. Usually one of the resident experts here hits it and gets to say "I told you".
[Reply]
Dull Tools 10:34 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Think Kevin Zeitler could be a great option for some experience if his salary comes down.

Has lots of talent and experience which we will need on our line this year. Just depends on what he wants.
I stated we should get experience at guard in a different thread. Just picked the wrong guard.
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 03-16-2021
I'd really enjoy the C from Oklahoma at 31.

Sign Williams, then draft him.

Williams-Thuney-Humphrey-LDT-Niang

Thats interesting.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:24 AM 03-16-2021
Trade Mecole Hardman and pick #175 to the Eagles for LT Andre Dillard.

Dillard Thuney Allegretti LDT Niang

Further improve the offense by using the cap space made available by not signing Williams to add productive veterans at TE and WR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think everyone had a good idea what Thuney would cost coupled with the facts that LG has been a plug with whoever can breathe position here and LT and LDE as big-ticket items.

I don't think it's about nobody wanting better on the interior or being unhappy Veach actually went that route, but you have to admit it was highly unexpected. I think the national audience was equivocally wowed.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:10 PM 03-21-2021
Sign Isaiah Wilson, incentivize him for showing up to workouts and being a good boy etc. Sign Reiter, go into draft with new OL.

Wilson, Thuney, Reiter, Long/LDT, Niang
[Reply]
kccrow 10:11 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Sign Isaiah Wilson, incentivize him for showing up to workouts and being a good boy etc. Sign Reiter, go into draft with new OL.

I wouldn't sign Wilson to bring water to my dog at this point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Wilson's football career is over. He's done.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:10 PM 03-22-2021
Any chance Kyle Long is penciled in at RT and Niang is at LT?

Niang
Thuney
Reiter
LDT
Long

How would we feel about this?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Any chance Kyle Long is penciled in at RT and Niang is at LT?

Niang
Thuney
Reiter
LDT
Long

How would we feel about this?
My guess is Remmers would be the RT and Long would be the swing man.

I kind of hope Niang is going to be LT. He certainly has the ability.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up