ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alright smartypants, fix the OL.
Direckshun 09:19 AM 03-11-2021
Here's what's on our roster right now (after free agency):

LT: Rankin
LG:
C: Allegretti, Williams
RG: Duvarney-Tardif
RT: Niang, Durant

Impending free agents: Reiter, Kilgore, Wisniewski, Remmers, Osemele, Omameh
RFA: Wylie

What're you going to do?
[Reply]
el borracho 08:15 PM 03-12-2021
Same plan as before: whatever trades I can manage to maximize our draft picks between picks 45 and 95, then draft a LT and an OC. With four or five picks in that range, I think we could target two OL and still fill some other needs/ wants/ desires.

LT: Walker Little or D'Ante Smith
LG: Allegretti
OC: Humphrey or Myers or Meinerz
RG: LDT
RT: Niang
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Same plan as before: whatever trades I can manage to maximize our draft picks between picks 45 and 95, then draft a LT and an OC. With four or five picks in that range, I think we could target two OL and still fill some other needs/ wants/ desires.

LT: Walker Little or D'Ante Smith
LG: Allegretti
OC: Humphrey or Myers or Meinerz
RG: LDT
RT: Niang
There's just no way they go into the season with 3 guys - two of them tackles - that have never played an NFL snap before.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:33 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's just no way they go into the season with 3 guys - two of them tackles - that have never played an NFL snap before.
It's shocking how many times you have had to say this..
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:09 AM 03-13-2021
1) Sign a T (Trent Williams, Alejandro Villanueva, Riley Reiff) or trade for a T
2) Sign an interior OL (Cory Linsley, Larry Warford, KEVIN Zeitler)
3) Draft a C/IOL (Creed Humphrey, Quinn Meinerz)
4) Draft a developmental T with some upside (Walker Little, James Hudson, Adrian Ealy)
5) Sign a cheap vet who can play RG/RT (Remmers)

THE Dream
LT: Williams/Little
LG: Meinerz/Allegretti
C: Linsley/Meinerz
RG: LDT/cheap vet depth
RT: Niang/cheap vet

Honestly, I’d be thrilled to land one of Linsley or Trent Williams.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:36 AM 03-13-2021
I thought Rankins looked pretty decent at guard before his injury. I think he could compete for a starting job. Also, I wonder what the organization thinks of prince tego wanogho. He needs some development but has the physical tools to play in the nfl (maybe he could be a swing tackle next year).
[Reply]
Chargem 08:40 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
1) Sign a T (Trent Williams, Alejandro Villanueva, Riley Reiff) or trade for a T
4) Draft a developmental T with some upside (Walker Little, James Hudson, Adrian Ealy)

THE Dream

"the dream" looks pretty damn good
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:53 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
"the dream" looks pretty damn good

Oh yeah. It does. I’m confident they’ll get at least one of the top 2-3 free agent OL.

I forget if it was this thread or another, but there are a few T who can throw up the type of performance Fisher did at LT last year. Williams would be an enormous upgrade, but Villanueva and even Reiff would be similar performers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:55 AM 03-13-2021
Oh yeah. It does. I’m confident they’ll get at least one of the top 2-3 free agent OL.

I forget if it was this thread or another, but there are a few T who can throw up the type of performance Fisher did at LT last year. Williams would be an enormous upgrade, but Villanueva and even Reiff would be similar performers.
I am so down with 'The Dream'.
[Reply]
el borracho 09:48 AM 03-13-2021

THE Dream

Ok, yours is better. Still drafting two guys early for long-term; and still starting two rookies; but bringing in some vets as a short term solution. Make it so.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 AM 03-13-2021
Sign me up for the dream.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:02 PM 03-13-2021

THE Dream

I don't think there's much chance they sign Williams AND Linsley and then turn around and draft both a tackle and a center.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:04 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Ok, yours is better. Still drafting two guys early for long-term; and still starting two rookies; but bringing in some vets as a short term solution. Make it so.
Linsley is 29. He's not a short-term solution.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:09 PM 03-13-2021
I don't think there's much chance they sign Williams AND Linsley and then turn around and draft both a tackle and a center.

Well, I don’t view Meinerz as just a C. He would be a starting G who plays 2-3 years there and can slide to C if/when you move on from Linsley.

T would be a cheap swing guy who can take over in a few years at LT and compete at RT with Niang.

So it’s really just investment in the OL. Something like Meinerz in round 2 and Ealy with the extra 4th.

But yeah, that might be an over investment.
[Reply]
el borracho 04:44 PM 03-13-2021
Linsley is 29. He's not a short-term solution.
:-) Fisher is 30 and Schwartz is 31. Stuff happens. :-)

How long would you expect Linsley to play here (if he signed)? Two years? Four years? I suppose if the answer is four years, you probably wouldn't make the same investment of draft capital behind him as you might if the answer is only two years.

JMO, but if Linsley is a one or two year solution, then I don't see a strong argument against drafting a Humphrey/ Myers/ Meinerz. They can get experience somewhere on the line in the short term and slide over to center as a long term solution when Linsley becomes too old/ expensive/ hurt.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:14 PM 03-13-2021
Count me in on the "Dream". I do hope they can get Meinerz - this guy is sensational! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up