ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:39 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Eichenberg is the only player available? When did that happen?

Good way to get your QB killed is signing Okung and having a 3rd rd project, Remmers or Niang (no LT experience) protecting your QB’s blindside when Okung goes on IR in October
Here comes your bullshit “3rd round project” statement again. The people saying “Sign Okung” also have no issue with take a OT at #31, trading up in the second or taking one at #63.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:45 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Eichenberg is the only player available? When did that happen?

Good way to get your QB killed is signing Okung and having a 3rd rd project, Remmers or Niang (no LT experience) protecting your QB’s blindside when Okung goes on IR in October
What in God's name are you even talking about?

Nobody has suggested signing Okung and drafting someone in the 3rd round.

Literally NOBODY.

You're the one suggesting that you'd take a guy that isn't capable of playing LT long-term and throw him to the wolves his rookie year at a position that is not only the most important on the line but one you've already admitted he's not suited to play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:47 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Here comes your bullshit “3rd round project” statement again. The people saying “Sign Okung” also have no issue with take a OT at #31, trading up in the second or taking one at #63.
Or trading up in the 1st to the low 20's in my case.

The only thing I've argued against - the ONLY thing - is trading away future first round picks. Other than that, I've said anywhere between 20 and 63 is fine with me.

I've never actually said a word about the 3rd round, for or against, so I have no fucking clue what the fuck he's talking about.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:48 PM 03-31-2021

A #Chiefs scout/coach is running the OL drills at the Florida pro day. A name to get familiar with is Stone Forsythe - towering OT prospect who played left tackle for the Gators last season. Really good pass protector with rare movement skills for his size.

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:48 PM 03-31-2021
The funny part is that a "right tackle" is fine as LT next year as long as it's RunKC drafting him and it's his plan.

But when that "right tackle" is Lukas Niang, it's a disaster in waiting.

Seems to me that having a right tackle play left tackle is just a bad idea, period. Why anybody would actually advocate for something like that, I have no idea.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 03-31-2021
And signing Okung/Villanueva is probably going to better for the beginning part of 2021 if they draft someone outside of Sewell and Darrisaw. Everyone outside of those two have issues.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:53 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What in God's name are you even talking about?

Nobody has suggested signing Okung and drafting someone in the 3rd round.

Literally NOBODY.

You're the one suggesting that you'd take a guy that isn't capable of playing LT long-term and throwing him to the wolves his rookie year at a position that is not only the most important on the line but one you've already admitted he's not suited to play.
Wrong. I said I’d like Okung and one of the first rd caliber OT’s or draft and play one of the first rd LT’s day 1 if that’s what they want to do. If they think that’s Eichenberg, then fine. If they think it’s Cosmi or Jenkins? Great

What I don’t want is Okung and wait for the best prospects to get off the board in the early 2nd rd waiting for the guys staylor listed.

D'Ante Smith
Spencer Brown
James Hudson
Stone Forsythe

I’m not comfortable in those guys listed above to be solutions at LT. Christensen and Little are guys I do like but maybe they don’t. Who knows
[Reply]
kccrow 04:45 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So you’re fine with Eichenberg. The guy who’s head coach just said that he’s probably a RT if you’re looking for athleticism in your LT.
I mean, he's not wrong. If you're looking for a lot of athleticism because of the things you do with your LT because you do some things out in space, then he's absolutely not that guy. He's certainly not as athletic as I prefer but he has clean footwork, good technique, and good strength and locked down the edge against really good pass rushers. It certainly makes you think he can continue to do so in the pros.

What is most troubling is seeing his arm length come in from his pro day just now and that's a far tougher pill to swallow than worrying about his athleticism that we all already knew was subpar compared to most of the left tackles in this class. We're not talking about moving to RT length, that's a move to guard length. It will be interesting to see how teams process that and if they feel they can keep him out on the edge. He'd give up length to most pass rushers at the NFL level and that is never a good thing.

My view, now, is that any thoughts of Eichenberg playing tackle at the NFL level are done.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:15 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I mean, he's not wrong. If you're looking for a lot of athleticism because of the things you do with your LT because you do some things out in space, then he's absolutely not that guy. He's certainly not as athletic as I prefer but he has clean footwork, good technique, and good strength and locked down the edge against really good pass rushers. It certainly makes you think he can continue to do so in the pros.

What is most troubling is seeing his arm length come in from his pro day just now and that's a far tougher pill to swallow than worrying about his athleticism that we all already knew was subpar compared to most of the left tackles in this class. We're not talking about moving to RT length, that's a move to guard length. It will be interesting to see how teams process that and if they feel they can keep him out on the edge. He'd give up length to most pass rushers at the NFL level and that is never a good thing.

My view, now, is that any thoughts of Eichenberg playing tackle at the NFL level are done.
He was always a guard to me. What was the arm length?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:24 PM 03-31-2021
Goddamn Eichenberg has arms barely over 32 inches?

That certainly changes things
[Reply]
RunKC 07:10 AM 04-01-2021
First rd bound

4.38 for Terrace Marshall (WR-LSU).

Might get him into Round 1 as a big receiver in this smaller WR class.

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 07:31 AM 04-01-2021
Everyone is going in the first round!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:44 AM 04-01-2021

Jamin Davis, UK LB

Vertical: 42" ��

Broad: 11' �� pic.twitter.com/UuUgF3Iiy8

— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) March 31, 2021

WHAT

pic.twitter.com/H2sHTWugIh

— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) March 31, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 08:11 AM 04-01-2021
LB is pretty deep this year. Should be able to find someone in the 4th td to get Neimann off the field.

Official results from Texas A&M pro-day Part III:

LB Buddy Johnson
HT 6004
WT 229
Hand 9 7/8
Arm 31 1/2
Wing 77 1/2
40-yd 4.57/4.59 (NFL scout ⏱️)👀
VJ 38.5👀
BJ 10-8👀
SS 4.03👀
3C 7.04