ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:14 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I know people here hate on Dan but almost every game he makes big plays. Hell he took out 2 starting RB's in back to back weeks with his hitting.
He missed like a half a dozen tackles, badly. He can't cover anyone at all; all that shit over the middle all night long and look who was trailing behind...Dirty Dan.

of the Raiders 364 yards, you could probably honestly chalk up 100 on Dirty Dan's ledger.

Making ONE play does not negate that.

He and Niemann are too slow and not strong enough to make up for that. They need replacing as soon as possible.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:15 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Time to face the facts: Kolton Miller shut down Frank Clark again, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson shut down Chris Jones again and Tyrann Matheiu got raped again.

Stop making excuses. Our best highest paid players got raped again
In fairness, they scored 9 less points at home than they did against us on the road...
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We're not athletic at those spots and the Raiders abuse it.

The Raiders offense takes advantage of being in a league where everyone is spreading the field, they don't. So they can attack places teams save money.
Their OL has to be the best in the league. It’s made Carr look way better than he really is.

But credit to them. Darren Waller, Josh Jacobs and Kolton Miller were excellent personnel moves by Mayock.

Agholor has been pretty good for them this year but he definitely showed his ass with that big drop tonight
[Reply]
Mecca 11:15 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Kittle made some plays on him. Covering TEs isnt his thing.
Unless you have some freak like Derwin James covering TEs is hard in today's game.
[Reply]
Pants 11:16 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Very disappointed with Mathieu this game. Did not look like he wanted to hit anyone,and that one shot of him pitter patter slapping at the ball carrier made me want to fucking puke.

Fact of the matter is that against a good o line, our d is going to look like shit. Our linebackers are trash, and you can't expect dbs to cover all night on every single play.

Sorenson needs to be replaced. Honestly. How many misses tackles and blown coverages down you need to see.

Chris Jones needs to start earning his money.

Frank Clark needs to cut out all the bullshit spin move/half spin move, and just fucking rush the passer/set the edge. If i took a shot every time Frank Clarks half ass spin move failed, I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.
5'9" 185lbs vs 6'6" 260lbs

Jesus Christ
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And in the coming years the entire AFC will be designed to beat us.

So our defense better get it the fuck together!
You don't think that the Chiefs defense will eventually be designed to counter those changes?

Are you talking about the issues right now or the issues in years to come? Because those are two different things.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:16 PM 11-22-2020

Damn I felt like shit out there my boys came thru for me though. Nothing is easy in this league. On to the next.

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) November 23, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:17 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You don't think that the Chiefs defense will eventually be designed to counter those changes?

Are you talking about the issues right now or the issues in years to come? Because those are two different things.
Seasons are determined based off a few games
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:18 PM 11-22-2020
The Raiders have a good offense. It's time for people to stop thinking this is the same old Raiders team, it's not.
And I think they are designing their offense specially to defeat us.

At this point last year we lost to TN to drop to 6-4 and the defense was not looking good---and we know what happened from then on out.

Am I concerned? Yeah a little. But not panicking. Spags put together a championship run of defense last year---and the fact is, out of 10 games this year, the Chiefs have been good/excellent in 7 of them (20 points or less) and sucky in 3 (2 Faider and Carolina.)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Seasons are determined based off a few games
I know that.

The conversation was about the Raiders being built to beat the Chiefs, as in right now.

And Pete said that every team in the AFC will be built to beat us, the defense better get it's shit together.

As if those future teams are going to be playing the 2020 Chiefs defense or something.

It makes zero sense.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:19 PM 11-22-2020

Both. We got some tough games ahead and the playoffs will have teams like these Raiders, the Colts and the Steelers.

None of which can we afford to have the D play like they did tonight.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:19 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Unless you have some freak like Derwin James covering TEs is hard in today's game.
Yes, I know. Unlike your Belichek shutting down TEs who are 6'4 and can run 4.4 is nearly impossible. It is a weak spot on our defense just like many others. My point is without a pass rush things like that will be exposed. Like I also said let me know if Jones/Clark play this poorly in the post season. Only then I will care.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:20 PM 11-22-2020
I know that.

The conversation was about the Raiders being built to beat the Chiefs, as in right now.

And Pete said that every team in the AFC will be built to beat us, the defense better get it's shit together.

As if those future teams are going to be playing the 2020 Chiefs defense or something.

It makes zero sense.
I was kidding it's more overreaction by the usual. Teams have ups and downs in areas good teams adjust and just because our defense has been less than good for 3 games or so this season doesnt mean shit despite how some in here are pretending it is.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:22 PM 11-22-2020
I don’t think people realize that even the best defenses in today’s NFL have bad days.

The Colts gave up 31 to the Packers today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Both. We got some tough games ahead and the playoffs will have teams like these Raiders, the Colts and the Steelers.

None of which can we afford to have the D play like they did tonight.
The Raiders are much tougher matchup than the Colts or Steelers, IMO.

We'll find out a lot this coming weekend. The Bucs are going to be a challenge.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up