ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Correct. The one thing I didn't realize, until I looked it up last night after the game, is that the Raiders lead the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. That is an extremely good Offense.
Yeah, they're a top 10 offense by pretty much every objective measure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The lack of productivity at DE has been a massive problem too, and opposite of Clark, Kpassagnon is playing with zero discipline, Danna isn’t explosive enough to play full time, and Okafor needs to play more but he’s bound to get hurt any given play.

I’d seriously make a run at Suggs to close this thing out. If for no other reason, do it for the leadership and smarts.
They need help there in just about every way. Bring in more than one guy if needed. It's that bad.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:04 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Correct. The one thing I didn't realize, until I looked it up last night after the game, is that the Raiders lead the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. That is an extremely good Offense.
They were also 2nd in percentage of drives ending with points behind only KC.

I tried to explain that they were good on offense to PGM in another thread, but he didn’t buy it.

It’s frustrating to say out loud but the Raiders are pretty damn good and their cupcake schedule the rest of the way virtually ensures a playoff spot.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:04 AM 11-23-2020
Think about it...

They have the highest paid OL in the game...then they surround Carr with a 1st round RB, a TE that is ultra talented and then top it off by putting speed on the outside. Grudens a good playcaller and schemer, there's zero reason for them not to move the ball.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:04 AM 11-23-2020
Getting someone like Carlos Dunlap for almost nothing sure would have been nice. He has almost as many sacks in his 3 games as a Seahawk as Clark does all season, including 2 on Thursday night to help Seattle beat Arizona in a close game.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:04 AM 11-23-2020
Idk what’s going on, but it’s largely the same personnel that played in the playoffs and Super Bowl last year so I’m hopeful that it can get a lot better.

I do think the Raiders, Gruden specifically, have a great beat on our defensive scheme and it makes for a bad matchup. But damn it we need get more from our guys regardless, especially the best players on the unit.

They’ve got some time to figure this thing out, and the good thing about last night is it doesn’t allow for further complacency. The entire team and staff know that isn’t good enough to win the SB, so we will see changes and see them soon.
You aren't gonna get a better wake up call than last night. The Raiders are good, exposed our weaknesses, made our defensive stars look nonexistent, and its VERY possible we play them again this season.

Glad we won, we needed it. But the boys are gonna need to come together like last year and figure this shit out.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:06 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Think about it...

They have the highest paid OL in the game...then they surround Carr with a 1st round RB, a TE that is ultra talented and then top it off by putting speed on the outside. Grudens a good playcaller and schemer, there's zero reason for them not to move the ball.
I used to think they really needed to replace Carr but with the way Gruden runs that offense, they’d be crazy to move on right now. It’s so mentally complex and Carr actually has it figured out now. He’s a robot out there.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:06 AM 11-23-2020
The lack of productivity at DE has been a massive problem too, and opposite of Clark, Kpassagnon is playing with zero discipline, Danna isn’t explosive enough to play full time, and Okafor needs to play more but he’s bound to get hurt any given play.

I’d seriously make a run at Suggs to close this thing out. If for no other reason, do it for the leadership and smarts.
It’s a good thing we have a ton of draft picks bc this team needs to revamp. IOL is a big question mark, Schwartz is TBD, Sammy needs to be replaced, we desperately need another pass rusher and we could definitely use another DB and LB.

I’d focus on WR, pass rusher and OL primarily as the key focal points.

But to be optimistic, our draft class the last few years is really good. Fenton, Thornhill, Gay, Danna, Wharton and Snead are a good foundation.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:08 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s a good thing we have a ton of draft picks bc this team needs to revamp. IOL is a big question mark, Schwartz is TBD, Sammy needs to be replaced, we desperately need another pass rusher and we could definitely use another DB and LB.

I’d focus on WR, pass rusher and OL primarily as the key focal points.
You aren't replacing all those spots in 1 draft...that would require FA also.

Like it or not your best bet is to bring Sammy back for reasonable money and hope you can snatch a WR in round 2 or 3. Reid won't play a WR early starter snaps, he never does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Getting someone like Carlos Dunlap for almost nothing sure would have been nice. He has almost as many sacks in his 3 games as a Seahawk as Clark does all season, including 2 on Thursday night to help Seattle beat Arizona in a close game.
It's about more than just pass rush though. How many people here would take Maxx Crosby? I know I would.

But a big part of the Chiefs offensive efficiency last night was exploiting Crosby's pass rush, especially in the running game.

Yes, sacks are nice but we need even more than that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 11-23-2020
You aren't replacing all those spots in 1 draft...that would require FA also.

Like it or not your best bet is to bring Sammy back for reasonable money and hope you can snatch a WR in round 2 or 3. Reid won't play a WR early starter snaps, he never does.
I hate the thought of bringing Watkins back unless he's dirt cheap. He needs to be out there.

I definitely think they need to go defensive end high, like 1st or 2nd round for sure.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I hate the thought of bringing Watkins back unless he's dirt cheap. He needs to be out there.

I definitely think they need to go defensive end high, like 1st or 2nd round for sure.
If you ditch him who are you starting because then it's Robinson who's also a FA and then Hardman and this team has shown no desire to start Hardman..if we end up in a spot where it's Hill, Pringle and Hardman that is a serious downgrade.
[Reply]
TRR 10:31 AM 11-23-2020
I’m not looking for miracles on defense. Just good, sound football. I’ll even take the occasional Sorensen on Waller mismatch, or Tanoh on Witten in coverage on a critical play. But the missed tackles (driving me nuts!!!), blown coverages, poor run fits (better last night), quitting on plays (Jones/Clark), and complete inability to force the ball to someone other than the opponents go to guy (see Waller on just about every crucial third down), has to be corrected. Time will tell if this D can flip the switch like last season, and simply clean up the controllable things.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:32 AM 11-23-2020
If you ditch him who are you starting because then it's Robinson who's also a FA and then Hardman and this team has shown no desire to start Hardman..if we end up in a spot where it's Hill, Pringle and Hardman that is a serious downgrade.
That's what it was last night, and for like half of the last 2 seasons. That's my problem.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:33 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's about more than just pass rush though. How many people here would take Maxx Crosby? I know I would.

But a big part of the Chiefs offensive efficiency last night was exploiting Crosby's pass rush, especially in the running game.

Yes, sacks are nice but we need even more than that.
I agree, and it's more than just sacks. I wouldn't ride Frank Clark so much if he was at least getting pressure when he's not getting sacks. But he really isn't doing that either.

And even when they blitz you see them get completely stonewalled most of the time, rarely is there a free rusher getting anywhere close to the QB. They can send 5-7 guys and they somehow always get stopped in their tracks before getting anywhere close to the QB.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up