ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Home Depot vs Lowe's
Home Depot 45 49.45%
Lowe's 44 48.35%
I don't go out shopping 2 2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Home Depot vs Lowe's.
lewdog 02:25 PM 11-22-2020
I love the offseason!

Where does your loyalty stand between the two? Do you notice a difference for certain items? Do you mainly stick to shopping at one?

Poll!!!!
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:03 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
No, I use their website since both stores have many more items than in the stores. The HD nearest me didn't have this sink and I didn't want to drive 100 miles, I wasn't in that big a hurry, so I ordered it from the HD website and they gave me free shipping. Lowes has stainless steel sinks but none were displayed or sold with a 24" high faucet without going with granite. I didn't want to spend for new countertops just so I could have an undermount sink and mount the faucet, since I thought the formica we had was good enough. That is just our original formica countertops in the photos. This sink is sold with a similar faucet, however I didn't use the faucet that came with the sink since I already have this one. I bought two of these faucets on eBay 12 years ago for $129 each. I used one in a remodel in 2008 and other you see now, and so now I have a spare for parts. For $399 you get the sink and the faucet.

You do good work DP
[Reply]
eDave 05:04 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Can you elaborate on that?
They pour the concrete walls onsite while flat, then tilt them up to make the wall. The roof kinda holds the whole structure together. Tornado's LOVE that shit.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:11 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Lowe's has WAY better plants here, which for me has me shopping there 75% of the time but I will hit both.

Struck out trying to find a mango tree this weekend after hitting 4 stores. lol

Yeah this for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 05:13 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Did you check the bathtub section.

:-)
Those screens are nice if you are a lazy ass like me. You put dirty dishes in sink to get to later eventually a plate slides down covers the drain. Next thing you know you have a sink half full of greywater that no one will move that plate to drain down. But Dad will and in the dishwasher they go.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:18 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
They pour the concrete walls onsite while flat, then tilt them up to make the wall. The roof kinda holds the whole structure together. Tornado's LOVE that shit.
Oh, well we haven't had a good tornado here since 1975 so I don't see that as a huge concern.
[Reply]
srvy 05:18 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Can you elaborate on that?
Prefab concrete walls on concrete slabs. It's used all over including HD Lowes Menards warehousing Walmarts Costco etc. It's not recommended in high earthquake activity.

Dave is just nitpicking.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:20 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Menards
^this^ not even close, way better, for those lucky enough to have one in their area...
[Reply]
eDave 05:21 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:

Dave is just nitpicking.
This is true.
[Reply]
eDave 05:23 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Those screens are nice if you are a lazy ass like me. You put dirty dishes in sink to get to later eventually a plate slides down covers the drain. Next thing you know you have a sink half full of greywater that no one will move that plate to drain down. But Dad will and in the dishwasher they go.
I'm setting my fresh veggies there as I wash them. I'm setting my poultry there as I wash it and remove the fat. I'm setting my dishes to dry there it need be.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:29 PM 11-22-2020
Lowe's only because it is about 3 blocks away. Home Depot is 5 miles away. Simple answer for me.

But that Home Depot has much better customer service and you can actually find an employee if you have a question. Nearly impossible at Lowe's.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:47 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Menards has a wonderful raw lumber section.

Most of their tools are Chinese made shit, though.

Home Depot is good, too. Much better tools.
true, I like Menards for supplies but own about the whole line of Ridged cordless tools.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:49 PM 11-22-2020
Lowes gives me a 10% veterans discount.
[Reply]
loochy 06:53 PM 11-22-2020
Whichever one I happen to be closer to
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:32 PM 11-22-2020
have to shop around for the best price and thing I need.

For me HD is the closest. Menards and Lowes are the same distance.

menards has a much larger selection
[Reply]
penchief 07:48 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Lowes gives me a 10% veterans discount.
They both give a 10% discount but Lowe's is better because it's unlimited. Home Depot caps it at $500 per transaction ($50 discount). I saved over $400 on kitchen appliances at Lowe's.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up