ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Home Depot vs Lowe's
Home Depot 45 49.45%
Lowe's 44 48.35%
I don't go out shopping 2 2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Home Depot vs Lowe's.
lewdog 02:25 PM 11-22-2020
I love the offseason!

Where does your loyalty stand between the two? Do you notice a difference for certain items? Do you mainly stick to shopping at one?

Poll!!!!
[Reply]
PHOG 03:05 PM 11-22-2020
Ace is the Place!
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:12 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Ace is the Place!
This.

If I have to get any of the big stuff, I go to a local place called Lumber Mart.

And if I need to go to HD or Lowe's, I'll go to Lowe's. The store in my town is laid out and organized better. I can find what I need quickly. It's also closer.

That, and I hate Home Depot's commercials
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:13 PM 11-22-2020
My local Lowe’s is in a much more convenient place and is a lot larger than Home Depot. And the HD owner also owns the Falcons and I’m not a huge Falcons fan.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:17 PM 11-22-2020
Also if we're talking shopping aesthetics, yeah, like lew said, fuck the color orange. And what is it with the faux-handwritten price tags at Home Depot? They look like fucking dog shit. Just print them in a normal font like everybody else, douchebags.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:18 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This may be my subconscious, but Lowe’s seems nicer and more comfy. I like the blue scheme and I hate orange, likely because of the Broncos. Like fuck the color orange.
I’m the same way.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:19 PM 11-22-2020
Home Depot, but mostly because it's closer to my house. I do find their website to be much more helpful when finding things in store compared to Lowe's, though, which is a nice touch.
[Reply]
candyman 03:21 PM 11-22-2020
I like Home Depot more, but Lowe's is closer so I go there more often. I'm not brand/franchise loyal to anyone.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 11-22-2020
In Los Angeles, Home Depot has far more of a selection but they're dirty and understaffed. Plus, they're packed 24/7 (although they shortened their hours with COVID) and parking is extremely difficult. Their employees are generally hounded by customers and if you don't speak Spanish, good luck with understanding them.

Lowe's is cleaner, brighter and has much better customer service but their selection is maybe 1/3 that of Home Depot's, especially in their plumbing, electrical and tool departments.

I went to a Home Depot with my Dad in either Olathe or Overland Park years back and it was like walking into a Macy's in New York vs. Home Depot in Hollywood, so it's probably an issue here and not everywhere.
[Reply]
cdcox 03:30 PM 11-22-2020
I used to prefer Lowes, but I will never step foot in one again.

We ordered a range online around April. The delivery date was like 3 weeks away, but we waited for it. They screwed up the delivery (working through a third-party delivery company) about six times. One time I was waiting on hold for a manager, near closing time. They disconnected me, then wouldn't answer the phone after that. Lots of broken promises. Two emails sent to their corporate customer service contact with no response. None. One time the delivery truck shows up to my door, without the range and they were wanting to take away our old range. Seriously. It finally shows up about 3 weeks later. The range is all scratched up, is missing a foot, one of the anti-tip cement blocks is knocked off, just all beat to heck. I sent it back. Still took two weeks and multiple phone calls to get it taken off of my credit card. I hope they go bankrupt.

After I sent the scratched up range back, I ordered one from Home Depot and it was delivered 10 days later on the first attempt with no drama.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:31 PM 11-22-2020
Menard's
[Reply]
eDave 03:32 PM 11-22-2020
Sup, Dane?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:34 PM 11-22-2020
Is Menards just a Midwest chain?
[Reply]
srvy 03:34 PM 11-22-2020
Lowes only because it's a little closer and lighting you can see vs dimly lit HD. Anything in the bins at HD you can hardly read size. For Lumber I prefer Southerlands. Menards was horseshit organized chaos. What the hell giant cans of spaghetti O's and beef ravioli feels like I am in a Sam's Club.

For Hardware I still have an old-school place in NKC A&N Hardware it think it's part of Westlake now but run by people who actually know their shit and can find old parts in the rafters.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:35 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sutherlands
That’s my first choice as well.

Lowe’s second option just cause it’s closer.
Home Depot for tool rental.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:41 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Is Menards just a Midwest chain?
I'd never seen one before and after checking out their store locator, the answer is a firm yes.

https://www.menards.com/main/storeLocator.html
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up