< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:32 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
It's a shame how all these great musicians from my youth are all getting old and croaking off. Seems like one or two every week now.
It's called getting old man
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:34 PM 10-06-2020
That really stinks.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:36 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Um, you know what? **** YOU.

First, you claim that you "don't mean to derail the thread", then make a statement as FACT, not opinion, then follow it up with "It's just an opinion".

You've essentially negated EVERYTHING you posted initially.

Kudos, Butt**** for continuing to prove that you're nothing other than a nuisance to this forum.
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
It's about time for you to leave forever again isn't it, you giant pussy?
Stop it. Both of you.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:38 PM 10-06-2020
I saw Van Halen for the first time at Monsters of Rock at Arrowhead. Actually, found my old ticket stub the other day for that concert. RIP Eddie
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:38 PM 10-06-2020
If there's a movie, it'll be whitewashed, big time.

Eddie was an asshole to just about everyone, including his own brother. He cheated constantly on Valerie Bertinelli, shit on Ted Templeman, on DLR, on Sammy Hagar and on bands in which he wasn't even involved.

He was a methed-out alcoholic asshole for nearly a decade, was completely wasted during VH's 2004 tour and as such, was a very, very lonely man who didn't have a circle of friends.
This is all ancient history- why are you shitting on his memory in this thread?

He created the soundtrack for our youth and will always be held as a guitar god for the ages.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:38 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I don't remember the year (1978-79?)
This intrigued me, so I looked it up. 78. Had no clue it was that early, always associated them with the 80's.

Side note, when I looked it up, saw a tag that they were playing running with the devil at dodger stadium.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:38 PM 10-06-2020
Girl Gone Bad

...forgot how awesome that galloping of a song is.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:38 PM 10-06-2020
If there's a movie, it'll be whitewashed, big time.

Eddie was an asshole to just about everyone, including his own brother. He cheated constantly on Valerie Bertinelli, shit on Ted Templeman, on DLR, on Sammy Hagar and on bands in which he wasn't even involved.

He was a methed-out alcoholic asshole for nearly a decade, was completely wasted during VH's 2004 tour and as such, was a very, very lonely man who didn't have a circle of friends.
He may not have played nice with other people...but he sure as shit loved his guitar.

Rule of thumb, never judge a transcendent artist by his personal life...rarely if ever are they functional compared to what is considered normal...because they arent.

Law of compensation....and there are only a handful of true transcendent artists. Picasso was a freak...so was Mozart.

Aphex Twin lived in an old bank vault and drove a tank....told Madonna he would only remix her song if she got on all fours and barked like a dog. An Airline company hired him to do music for an ad...he sent them disaster music. Legend...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This is all ancient history- why are you shitting on his memory in this thread?
Uh, no, it is not ancient.

And as I stated, a movie about his life would need to be seriously whitewashed because I seriously doubt that his son, or anyone else in their family, wants to the truth to be known.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:40 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Comparing one guitarist to another is kind of stupid IMO.

SRV was a phenomenal Blues Player, and one of my favorites as well. But comparing him to EVH is like comparing apples and oranges. Two completely different playing styles and music for that matter.

Would you compare EVH to Joe Pass or Wes Montgomery? No, it's stupid. Both of those gentleman were amazing guitarists in their own right.

EVH was an innovator, he did stuff that NOBODY else ever did before. We have lost a LEGEND. RIP Sir.
This.

We would just as soon settle the "greatest QB" or "greatest BBQ joint" debate on cp

But if anybody were asking me I might take Joe Pass.
[Reply]
Spott 02:41 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I saw Van Halen for the first time at Monsters of Rock at Arrowhead. Actually, found my old ticket stub the other day for that concert. RIP Eddie
Summer of 88 with Metallica and Kingdom Come?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:41 PM 10-06-2020
The Full Bug

....explosion after the first 20 seconds or so.

just awesome.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:42 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That was a great show. Their sound was always better with Sammy imo. 5150 and OU812 tours sounded like their albums. Sammy really balanced things out so Eddie could do his thing.

I never saw them with Wolfie- but they said he holds his own and is a prodigy in his own right. Looking forward to his new stuf coming out.
[Reply]
backinblack 02:43 PM 10-06-2020
Had heard he wasn't doing well months ago, remember someone being interviewed on KLOS in Los Angeles earlier this summer saying he was unwell.

RIP
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:44 PM 10-06-2020
I still remember the first time I ever heard Van Halen. Me and another friend had gone over to yet another acquaintance's house. As soon as we got there, he said, "You have to listen to this new band". Actually he may have first said, "Here..." as he passed me a joint. Anyway, he put the album on and cranked up the stereo and I heard Eruption and Eddie Van Halen for the first time ever. I was fucking blown away.

RIP Eddie, thanks for all the years of me attempting to blow my ear drums out on your music.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 31
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up