Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:07 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)
It's OK Dane. People are allowed to have opinions about music that don't match up with yours. The condescending facepalm means jack squat to me.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:08 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
By what measure?
My personal opinion. Is that OK?
[Reply]
ping2000 02:08 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
RIP.

On a slightly related side note, a long time friend of mine built Sammy Haggar's '67 Mustang.

How about completely unrelated?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:09 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
My personal opinion. Is that OK?
Sure. I was just wondering what prompted the statement.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:11 PM 10-06-2020
Well crap

RIP.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:11 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sure. I was just wondering what prompted the statement.
I love SRV's playing. To me the instrument just seemed to be a part of him and the soul he played with really resonated with me. Eddie was really good and he would definitely be in my top 5, but I like a little more blues in my guitar playing. Just fits my ear better.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:12 PM 10-06-2020
It's OK Dane. People are allowed to have opinions about music that don't match up with yours. The condescending facepalm means jack squat to me.
Um, you know what? FUCK YOU.

First, you claim that you "don't mean to derail the thread", then make a statement as FACT, not opinion, then follow it up with "It's just an opinion".

You've essentially negated EVERYTHING you posted initially.

Kudos, Buttfuck for continuing to prove that you're nothing other than a nuisance to this forum.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:12 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
How about completely unrelated?
Meh. Van Halen. Slightly related.
[Reply]
eDave 02:13 PM 10-06-2020
I love SRV's playing. To me the instrument just seemed to be a part of him and the soul he played with really resonated with me. Eddie was really good and he would definitely be in my top 5, but I like a little more blues in my guitar playing. Just fits my ear better.
It's the creativity and composition that sets Eddie apart from Stevie. Blues are easier too. See Joe Bonamassa.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:15 PM 10-06-2020
Dont ruin the thread with a pointless debate about whos the best guitar player.

Try to Keep this about eulogizing EVH
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:15 PM 10-06-2020
The worst part about EVH's death is that he treated so many people like complete and utter shit that he'll never have a chance to reconcile with because of his premature death.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:15 PM 10-06-2020
Just saw it. Terrible day.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:16 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Um, you know what? FUCK YOU.

First, you claim that you "don't mean to derail the thread", then make a statement as FACT, not opinion, then follow it up with "It's just an opinion".

You've essentially negated EVERYTHING you posted initially.

Kudos, Buttfuck for continuing to prove that you're nothing other than a nuisance to this forum.
It's about time for you to leave forever again isn't it, you giant pussy?
[Reply]
chinaski 02:17 PM 10-06-2020
Comparing one guitarist to another is kind of stupid IMO.

SRV was a phenomenal Blues Player, and one of my favorites as well. But comparing him to EVH is like comparing apples and oranges. Two completely different playing styles and music for that matter.

Would you compare EVH to Joe Pass or Wes Montgomery? No, it's stupid. Both of those gentleman were amazing guitarists in their own right.

EVH was an innovator, he did stuff that NOBODY else ever did before. We have lost a LEGEND. RIP Sir.
[Reply]
ping2000 02:18 PM 10-06-2020
This thread went sideways fast. Probably happened after Mozart died too. People claiming Bach was better, someone claiming his best friend built his horse drawn carriage, etc. Rest in peace Eddie. You were a great guitarist and we enjoyed your music. Cancer sucks.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 31
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up