ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1652 of 3903
« First < 652115215521602164216481649165016511652 165316541655165616621702175221522652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:19 PM 04-26-2020
We can go where we need. We are not sequestered in our home.

My kid said..at least it is not winter and we have to be inside all the time.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:22 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The main concern has always been hospitals being overrun. That hasn’t happened so that alone gives pause to anything suggesting the whole thing has been botched as some sort of definitive statement. That’s what I’m commenting on. The details and strategies of things to learn and improve and change will always be there but presence of needs for improvement doesn’t equal whole thing mishandled.
This seems to keep getting lost. I want updates on hospitalizations , not cases.
[Reply]
eDave 01:23 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
We can go where we need. We are not sequestered in our home.

My kid said..at least it is not winter and we have to be inside all the time.
AZ is getting close to our yearly quaranteen.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 01:38 PM 04-26-2020
From all the research I’ve read the most dangerous place to be (outside of health care facilities) is in a recycled air environment for longer than 50 minutes where others are too. As we look to reopen restaurants and coffee shops and other retailers need to be grab and go, with max limits on how long you can be in one area. The study on the super spreader in a restaurant is fascinating, as none of the workers got it from a patron, but the majority of the people sitting in line of the air conditioning flow did. Prob not going to get the live virus from making a quick trip to get groceries, but sitting/standing in one place at a meat packing plant, grocery store, church, hospital or office is all bad.

https://sfist.com/2020/04/22/study-r...reak-in-china/
[Reply]
DaFace 01:53 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
From all the research I’ve read the most dangerous place to be (outside of health care facilities) is in a recycled air environment for longer than 50 minutes where others are too. As we look to reopen restaurants and coffee shops and other retailers need to be grab and go, with max limits on how long you can be in one area. The study on the super spreader in a restaurant is fascinating, as none of the workers got it from a patron, but the majority of the people sitting in line of the air conditioning flow did. Prob not going to get the live virus from making a quick trip to get groceries, but sitting/standing in one place at a meat packing plant, grocery store, church, hospital or office is all bad.

https://sfist.com/2020/04/22/study-r...reak-in-china/
I have a strong feeling that outdoor seating is going to grow in popularity due to this.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:09 PM 04-26-2020
Absolutely, and it should. The sun kills viruses in minutes, and the vitamin D (which many are deficient in) helps our immune system, especially against respiratory ailments. Bring it on, the more I sweat the thirstier I am for IPA’s.
[Reply]
eDave 02:21 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Absolutely, and it should. The sun kills viruses in minutes, and the vitamin D (which many are deficient in) helps our immune system, especially against respiratory ailments. Bring it on, the more I sweat the thirstier I am for IPA’s.
There you go Lewdog. Just lay by the pool. You'll be fine.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:29 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
There you go Lewdog. Just lay by the pool. You'll be fine.
It helps if the sunlight enters the body through the anus.
[Reply]
TLO 02:30 PM 04-26-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:31 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The main concern has always been hospitals being overrun. That hasn’t happened so that alone gives pause to anything suggesting the whole thing has been botched as some sort of definitive statement. That’s what I’m commenting on. The details and strategies of things to learn and improve and change will always be there but presence of needs for improvement doesn’t equal whole thing mishandled.
Yes keeping hospitals from being overrun was a huge concern. But ideally that was a ceiling not a target.

If a hospital has ICU beds for every covid patient but it has to put off semi elective heart surgery. Or peoplewith mildly worrying chest pains don't get checked out because of the state of the hospital, that is bad even if the hospital isn't completely overwhelmed.

And NYC was overwhelmed. It wasn't as bad as the direst forecasts but it was still bad.

Better testing might have resulted in NYC shutting down sooner and having a better outcome.

Better testing may have allowed some places to wait longer before completely shutting down.

So I think calling the initial response bad because of the botched testing regime is reasonable.
[Reply]
notorious 02:34 PM 04-26-2020

[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:37 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
This seems to keep getting lost. I want updates on hospitalizations , not cases.
Psssh. All you need to know is MILLIONS DEAD!!! NOT ENOUGH VENTILATORS!!!!
[Reply]
eDave 04-26-2020, 02:40 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Baby Lee 02:43 PM 04-26-2020
People can be sanguine about the possibility that medical services are padding by being aggressive in their diagnoses during a pandemic, and still be concerned that the padding creates a distorted perception of the nature and progression of the pandemic when potentially padded numbers are distributed to the populace.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:57 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
People can be sanguine about the possibility that medical services are padding by being aggressive in their diagnoses during a pandemic, and still be concerned that the padding creates a distorted perception of the nature and progression of the pandemic when potentially padded numbers are distributed to the populace.
Wouldn’t hospitals want to down play it so they can go back to making money.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:57 PM 04-26-2020
I should be quarantined given my exposure to the two positive tests at work. However, I have a 2 year old and his fits and screaming about not seeing me just isn’t worth it. Guess if I get it, so will my wife and kid.
[Reply]
Page 1652 of 3903
« First < 652115215521602164216481649165016511652 165316541655165616621702175221522652 > Last »
Up