ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 211
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:14 PM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And now we find out Hicks has a torn UCL. As if this season couldn't get any shittier.
wellll that sucks. At least we know he didn’t blow it out from overuse. How many arms did Matheny blow out from overuse? They should have been using Hicks more this year. Kept holding him back because it wasn’t a “closer” situation. So they don’t get credit for taking it easy of a young relievers arm.

Rosenthal was never the same but he had a shit ton of miles on that arm when he blew out.

I’m sure DJ/Hamas probably knows but from my non-scientific eyeball test, I was seeing 99mph fastballs instead of the regular 102-103 ones. Wonder if he told coaches there was anything going on?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:18 PM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
wellll that sucks. At least we know he didn’t blow it out from overuse. How many arms did Matheny blow out from overuse? They should have been using Hicks more this year. Kept holding him back because it wasn’t a “closer” situation. So they don’t get credit for taking it easy of a young relievers arm.

Rosenthal was never the same but he had a shit ton of miles on that arm when he blew out.

I’m sure DJ/Hamas probably knows but from my non-scientific eyeball test, I was seeing 99mph fastballs instead of the regular 102-103 ones. Wonder if he told coaches there was anything going on?
He may not have been pitching a lot but it might be better for him to tone it down a little.

Originally Posted by :
The righthander, in his second year in the majors, has a 2-2 mark with a 3.14 earned run average and 14 saves. Hicks, who by far has thrown more 100 mph pitches than anybody in baseball — he averages 101.1 mph on his sinker — struck out 31 in 28 2/3 innings. He suffered his injury while throwing a slider to strike out David Fletcher of the Los Angeles Angels.

This season, Hicks has thrown 48 of the 50 fastest pitches in the majors, topping out at 104.3 mph against Chicago’s Victor Caratini.
C-Mart is going to step into the closer's role.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:39 PM 06-24-2019
Welp...

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
When the savior dies the dynasty ends. It happened to the Celtics with Len Bias and they quickly fell apart. Taveras killing himself set a good deal of this in motion.

These are the kinds of things you often realize but don't want to say in the moment, because the act of acknowledging it makes it real.

This team's window closed when Taveras slammed his car into that tree. It sucks, and it's tragic, but that's just the way it is.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:43 PM 06-24-2019
Fire Mo and Shildt then. Hilarious how Bernie was drooling all over that clowns managerial skills last year until the collapse :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:53 PM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Fire Mo and Shildt then. Hilarious how Bernie was drooling all over that clowns managerial skills last year until the collapse :-)
he was sold to us as the new breed of manager. He was going to use all this new information and stats to make decisions. We are still the same type of club.

The new manager may not have bible study but he has and plays favorites. Still has this BS mentality of “have to trust our guys” to get the out. Everyone knew you’d be better off walking Ortiz in the 2013 WS. Everyone knows Carp is not getting it done in the lead off spot. Fowler underwhelms with inferior defense. Bader and Wong overachieve with defense but don’t seem to be progressing with the offense. The record nearing mid-season is who you are.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 06-24-2019
Welp...
The dynasty didn't die because of Taveras.

The dynasty died because Mozeliak isn't wearing any clothes and once Luhnow left the organization he was exposed as the risk-averse fraud that he is. Taveras wouldn't have fundamentally altered this team significantly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 06-24-2019
As for Hicks - well there's really nobody to blame with Hicks. Dude throws 103 with a slider. I was hoping he'd get through 3 seasons before he blew up, then we could get it fixed and get him through 4-5 more before he completely came apart.

What frustrates me more than Hicks is that we had Hicks Lite in Helsley and because we kept dicking around with his role, he's injured now as well.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:23 PM 06-24-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The dynasty didn't die because of Taveras.

The dynasty died because Mozeliak isn't wearing any clothes and once Luhnow left the organization he was exposed as the risk-averse fraud that he is. Taveras wouldn't have fundamentally altered this team significantly.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that's the line of demarcation. Just like the '01 series was for v the Yankees.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 PM 06-24-2019
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that's the line of demarcation. Just like the '01 series was for v the Yankees.
yep, you don’t lose your planned legitimate 3rd hole hitter suddenly, one of your best pitching prospects, give up talent for a 1 year rental that leaves. That’s a lot of top level talent out of your talent pool in one year. Add in Matheny’s stubbornness and Mo’s aversion to risk and that demarcation line is clear now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:26 PM 06-25-2019
I'm done watching these worthless soft assholes for a while. Fuck it. They wouldn't even have the 3 runs if not for a massive error by the A's.

Im boycotting this bullshit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:58 AM 06-26-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm done watching these worthless soft assholes for a while. **** it. They wouldn't even have the 3 runs if not for a massive error by the A's.

Im boycotting this bullshit.
Not going to matter. I dont see the Cardinals changing from this mediocre BS until there are empty, unpaid for seats in Bush.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:08 PM 06-26-2019
Tino Goldschmidt.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:47 PM 06-26-2019
Really Schildt? 17/18 innings without a run? That’s your exciting brand of baseball?
————————-

Mike Shildt was not close to raising his voice an entire octave.

But his point was clear. He thinks his team is playing a better brand of baseball, both from an excitement and fundamental standpoint, than he believes many people perceive.
[Reply]
scho63 06:41 AM 06-27-2019
Haven't really watched much baseball this year and while my Pirates seem to be hitting and batting great, their pitching, especially their mid inning relievers blow moose cock.

St Louis isn't getting much press aside from their big closer blowing out his arm. They seem to have turned into a so-so team that's not really making many moves.

What are the pros and cons of this year's Cards?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:58 AM 06-27-2019
Tino Goldschmidt.

Well there’s the comparison of the year.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 211
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up