ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 328
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:08 PM 08-15-2018
RO'H with the PH homer doh..
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:14 PM 08-15-2018
Alshittys lol
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:40 PM 08-15-2018
Well Seuly Matias is back on the DL and has lost the minor league lead for homeruns.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:03 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
MLBN just threw out a trade to think about/debate...

Salvy for Gary Sánchez

Thoughts?
I’m sure MLB would love that. A guy that is universally loved in baseball playing for thr big market Yankees. Its a wet dream for promotions.

Gary Sanchez is a garbage baseball player. Another overhyped Yankee that hits for power because he plays in that joke of a baseball stadium. And apparently a questionable attitude towards playing baseball. Oh, and his defense absolutely sucks.

The Royals would be epically stupid to even consider a trade like this for a garbage player like that. I might have to relinquish my fandom if a trade like that was made. Salvy should stay a Royal unless someone blows them away with an offer. That being said, if the Marlins want to consider trading their catcher for Salvy straight up, I’d listen on that . . . .
[Reply]
SPchief 10:05 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
MLBN just threw out a trade to think about/debate...

Salvy for Gary Sánchez

Thoughts?
Salvy for Trout

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:08 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by SPchief:
Salvy for Trout

Thoughts?
Would need to get back a little more.
[Reply]
tk13 10:45 PM 08-15-2018
Too bad we don't have any relievers worth anything to trade. Dodgers just did it again. The bullpen gave up a 3-0 lead in the 8th. 7th straight game they've blown a lead. It's literally an every night occurrence at this point.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:16 PM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
Too bad we don't have any relievers worth anything to trade. Dodgers just did it again. The bullpen gave up a 3-0 lead in the 8th. 7th straight game they've blown a lead. It's literally an every night occurrence at this point.
them and the nats horrible.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:21 AM 08-16-2018
sorry to interrupt but i am watching the 2015 ring ceremony for the royals.

1, why is it rusty kuntz doesn't get a standing (o)vation purely based on his name?

2, we actually had another staff member named bill duplissea? (build a pussy?)

are you fucking kidding me :-)

it's like back in the day when we had two dicks in the backfield for the chiefs... cox and johnson :-)

:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:26 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by SPchief:
Salvy for Trout

Thoughts?

Yes for me.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:08 AM 08-16-2018
You want a $30M salary who's on the DL?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:32 AM 08-16-2018
Willie Mays Aikens writes a letter to his 24-year-old self:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...y-younger-self

Originally Posted by :
You won’t touch the stuff again for the rest of the year. That will be that.
Until you get traded over to the Royals before the season in 1980.

That’s when everything’s gonna turn, man. Things are going to get real crazy here for you in a few years. Because, I mean, the Royals … man. Whew. Great team. Great guys. But boy are those fellas gonna like to party. And you’re gonna wade in pretty deep, young buck.

Now, I know what you’re thinking: O.K., old dude, whatever you say. I’m good. I can handle myself. I’m a grown-ass man. How bad could it be?

And you know what? At first you’ll be right. It’s just gonna be some late-night poker games. A few trips to Vegas. Nothing too serious.

But it’s gonna ramp up quick.

You’ll be out chasing the females and snorting cocaine before summer even hits. It’ll be nonstop partying. At home. On the road. It won’t matter. You’ll have forgotten all about your faith by then, too. It’ll just be booze and coke and women. All … the … time.
Originally Posted by :
Game 1 in Philly is gonna fall on your 26th birthday. Your team’s gonna lose, but you’ll hit two homers and then, after the game, you’re gonna meet up with a homeboy of yours from Detroit who made the trip in for the game with his girl … and a big bag of cocaine.

And it’ll be … back to the hotel.

On that night — high as all get out and fresh off those moon shots you hit — you’ll think you’re the king of the world. The ruler of the planet. No, of the entire universe.

Who’s badder than me? No one … that’s who.

And it’ll be the same thing after the loss in Game 2. (Maybe even more coke that night, actually.) Then, when the team comes back to K.C. for that third game, the party’s somehow gonna get even bigger. It’ll almost be like a high school reunion or something. Eight dudes up from Seneca….

And their big bag of cocaine.

After the game it’ll be … back to your apartment.

You’ll be snorting coke until the wee hours of the morning … and then go out in Game 4 and hit two more bombs. Like it was nothing.
Originally Posted by :
Mom will be the first of many people who are going to see what you’re up to, and then pull you aside to warn you about where you’re headed.
Your teammate Hal McRae is gonna be the next one.

And that guy is someone you’re going to have complete respect and admiration for. Hal’s a family man. He’s wise. You’ll look up to him from the moment you arrive in Kansas City.

He’s going to see you racing out to the parking lot after games to meet your dealer. He’ll see the bloodshot eyes when you arrive at the ballpark.
By that point, you’ll have developed a whole routine. When you stay up all night snorting coke, you’re going roll to the park the next afternoon and get out there on the hot turf right away so you can do your sprints and try to sweat some of the stuff out of your system. Most nights, by the time the game starts, you’re gonna feel pretty refreshed.

It’s a long season, though, Willie. So there are going to be times when you’ll still be feeling the effects of the drug. That’s just gonna be how it is. I don’t really know what to tell you. Eat a good meal, drink lots of water, jog on that turf until you’re not feeling the coke anymore. The body is an incredible mechanism. It’ll work. You can get by that way.

But, yeah, Hal will know.

He’ll hear the whispers around the clubhouse, and he’ll notice that a lot of the guys you run with on the team are doing the same things as you. He’s going to be one of the smartest teammates you’ll ever play with, but it’s not going to take a genius to realize what’s going on.

He’s gonna pull you aside. He’ll try to warn you. He’s going to look you dead in the eye and pretty much beg you to change your ways. As a friend.
He won’t come right out and mention the drugs, but you’ll both know what he’s talking about.

And I can tell you straight up that it’s a conversation you’ll never forget. Even to this day. It will cut you to the core the way he’s going to look at you. The tenor of his voice. You’ll be completely shook in that moment. And….

You’re not going to listen to him.

Not for a second.

[Reply]
Dartgod 07:35 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
2, we actually had another staff member named bill duplissea? (build a pussy?)
Still here too. He's our replay guru. He tells Ned whether to challenge a play or not and he's very good at his job.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:07 AM 08-16-2018
Gbrett hit .390 in 1980. But his babip was only .368. Can someone explain the math?

For his career he hit .305 with a babip of .307
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:52 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Gbrett hit .390 in 1980. But his babip was only .368. Can someone explain the math?

For his career he hit .305 with a babip of .307
Cocaine math
[Reply]
Page 253 of 328
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Up