ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:38 AM 10-16-2020
Whitlock wanted mo money at FS1, so he left when they didn't give it to him. He's a locker room cancer.
[Reply]
Otter 10:40 AM 10-16-2020
I'm not a huge fan of this signing from the Bell stories I've heard out of Pittsburg and I think things were balanced pretty good w/o bringing a known 'instigator' into the room. Pretty sure he's on a short leash and Andy & Brett have done their homework.

Should be interesting.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:40 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Whitlock wanted mo money at FS1, so he left when they didn't give it to him. He's a locker room cancer.
:-)

He wanted mo chicken from Popeye's, but he left once he'd wiped out their inventory. He's a colon cancer.
[Reply]
Seanathon 10:41 AM 10-16-2020
& we're not obligated to keep him for any amount of time. He can't drag anyone down if he isn't owed anything. I think it will be fine.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:45 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by :
For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said....
Thanks 'cause I didn't think GoogleTranslate was gonna work for that one.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:47 AM 10-16-2020
Bone, Thugs 'N Andy would be hilarious.

DO IT JASON
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:50 AM 10-16-2020
Can someone translate this into 1970s rock so I can find it interesting?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:54 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Can someone translate this into 1970s rock so I can find it interesting?
Sure Rain Man it's like this. The Chiefs are the Stones, Veach and Reid are Mick and Keith and Le'Veon Bell is gonna drown in his own swimming pool
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:55 AM 10-16-2020
Clickbait is clickbait.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:55 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Sure Rain Man it's like this. The Chiefs are the Stones, Veach and Reid are Mick and Keith and Le'Veon Bell is gonna drown in his own swimming pool
Ohhhh, I get it now.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:57 AM 10-16-2020

[Reply]
tatorhog 11:04 AM 10-16-2020
If a nearly washed out Corey Dillon can pull his head out of his ass long enough to be a decent player in NE, I'm pretty sure Bell on a what is basically a prove it deal in a good environment can make similar strides. And if he doesn't, we're not out anything but a little bit of time and a few bucks that otherwise would not impact this season in one iota.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:06 AM 10-16-2020
Can we make it illegal for Whitlock to say the phrase "My Chiefs." "My Kansas City Chiefs." or anything relating to fandom or any relation of being a Kansas City Chiefs fan?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:08 AM 10-16-2020
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real. I'm glad we made the move, but it could backfire, even if we cut him when it does, it can have a negative effect on the team. My thoughts are he will be a good fit and be a model teammate this year. I would be suspect of a long term deal if I am any team if he has some success this year. I like the risk, Whitlock doesn't, but to deny their is risk is intellectually dishonest.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:09 AM 10-16-2020
News Flash from Whitlock: Bell could be a problem in the locker room. Well......duh, that’s the obvious downside to the move.

He makes it out that we signed him to a long term deal. We can cut him at any time. No way Reid, Mahomes, Jones etc. allow him to become a locker room problem and stay on the team. No way in a million years does that happen.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up