ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 171
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:23 PM 01-14-2017
Black Mirror and Vikings are my faves.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:47 AM 01-15-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'll check that out. I've been wondering if it is any good. Your recommendation of Goliath was top notch.

I'm glad, because the end was kind of a let down.

The Crown is a fairly accurate historical account of the monarchy and its workings in the late 40's and early 50's. The kicker for me is John Lithgow plays Winston Churchill and he does it very well.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:47 AM 01-19-2017
I can appreciate The Crown for its accuracy and how well it's done but overall I just find it kind of boring. We watch it but I don't find myself watching an episode and then absolutely having to watch the next one right away. I think we are through five episodes so far.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:27 PM 01-19-2017
Anyone watching The Mick?

It's network fluff, but Kaitlin Olsen is a treasure, and that daughter is H O T Hawt!!

She's like a Kendall Jenner without all that Kardashian slime on her, a little resemblance to Morena Baccarin as well.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:36 PM 01-19-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Anyone watching The Mick?

It's network fluff, but Kaitlin Olsen is a treasure, and that daughter is H O T Hawt!!

She's like a Kendall Jenner without all that Kardashian slime on her, a little resemblance to Morena Baccarin as well.
Watching it here. Love Olsen. Glad to have Sunny in Philadelphia back too.

Finally watched Californication. Some up and down episodes, but the first few seasons were absolutely hilarious. Not sure why it took me so long to get around to it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:02 PM 01-19-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ours too. We're watching the current season in our downstairs and a past season in our upstairs so we don't get them mixed up. It seems a touch crazy is the most valuable tool you can have.
Forgot I'd even posted in this thread...

Yeah its a pretty cool show, watched all of last year as well... and yeah, being a tad loopy seems to help

I swear the guy from this season who left after like 3 days pissed me off SO bad, I was cussing that punk way more than I had a right to lol... "I just miss my family sooo much, what am I doing here I need to get back to them :-)"

Its like good God man, the wife gave you permission to go do this, so at least go give it a damn shot, pussy! You can bet his wife and kids want that half a million a helluva lot more than to see dad back farting around the house only a few days after he left

Who do you think will win? To be honest I have no idea at this point

The hippy chick with the awesome shelter is doing good, but I just cant bet on a woman outlasting everyone out there

The old Canadian dude might finish though, he wants to buy his daughter a house sooo bad, so he has the motivation, and he also has some solid skills... the fox may have outfoxed him, but the new raft got him over to that river where he got a big fish

I feel awful for that one guy (ALWAYS have trouble remembering the names) who'se spot is sunless 24/7 and his camp is halfway up the mountain... dont see him lasting due to those things
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:01 PM 01-19-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Forgot I'd even posted in this thread...

Yeah its a pretty cool show, watched all of last year as well... and yeah, being a tad loopy seems to help

I swear the guy from this season who left after like 3 days pissed me off SO bad, I was cussing that punk way more than I had a right to lol... "I just miss my family sooo much, what am I doing here I need to get back to them :-)"

Its like good God man, the wife gave you permission to go do this, so at least go give it a damn shot, pussy! You can bet his wife and kids want that half a million a helluva lot more than to see dad back farting around the house only a few days after he left

Who do you think will win? To be honest I have no idea at this point

The hippy chick with the awesome shelter is doing good, but I just cant bet on a woman outlasting everyone out there

The old Canadian dude might finish though, he wants to buy his daughter a house sooo bad, so he has the motivation, and he also has some solid skills... the fox may have outfoxed him, but the new raft got him over to that river where he got a big fish

I feel awful for that one guy (ALWAYS have trouble remembering the names) who'se spot is sunless 24/7 and his camp is halfway up the mountain... dont see him lasting due to those things
I'm pulling for the older guy that wants to build his daughter a house, but I'm leaning towards that hippy-type guy from like Oregon or Seattle or something as the winner. Can't remember his name but he seems off his rocker enough to want to live there forever.

Did they soften up on the later seasons? I'm watching season 1 right now as well and there's 5 people gone in 6 days. LOL, they're getting stalked by bears and wolves and breaking down into tears trying to get the hell out of there.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:39 PM 01-19-2017
I'm pulling for the older guy that wants to build his daughter a house, but I'm leaning towards that hippy-type guy from like Oregon or Seattle or something as the winner. Can't remember his name but he seems off his rocker enough to want to live there forever.

Did they soften up on the later seasons? I'm watching season 1 right now as well and there's 5 people gone in 6 days. LOL, they're getting stalked by bears and wolves and breaking down into tears trying to get the hell out of there.
The Oregon/Seattle dude, pretty sure you're thinking of the guy who swears by the motto of "I plan to do as little as possible the entire time, working your ass off on various projects is a waste of calories"

There is definitely something to be said for his style, with as little food as they're getting, a calorie conservation style is very smart... whats funny about him is he didnt even start a real shelter until, like, day 40 or so... all that time he was sleeping under an open sided tarp with mountain lions all over the place

The biggest problem for everyone in season 1 seemed to be finding food, this new group kinda has it good with that isolated/unfished lake... the people who know what they're doing are getting enough big trout of it to survive for the most part

Funniest part of season 1 was the black dude bragging to his family/pals at home about "bring on those bears!"... then they set him down on the beach and he is calling for rescue a few hours later after seeing 3-4 black bears, luuulz!

In fairness, dont really blame him though... where they put him looked to be Bear Central compared to the other people

Even smaller black bears are no joke, they'll take down a big strong man like he is nothing but a baby deer
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:39 PM 01-19-2017
I absolutely try to not have too many "cant miss" tv shows... but currently "The Selection" is on and its my 3rd consecutive viewing

Missed the first several episodes on purpose because I didnt think they'd give me enough of the hooah! tactical stuff with a bunch of civilians... wow so wrong, I was missing the whole point of this show

Watching my third episode right now

This show really takes you into the MENTAL aspect of being specops, insane torture tests, absolute integrity is demanded... its not about being strong or a great shot

Its about having guts coming out of your ****ing ears
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The Oregon/Seattle dude, pretty sure you're thinking of the guy who swears by the motto of "I plan to do as little as possible the entire time, working your ass off on various projects is a waste of calories"
Actually I think that guy already tapped, didn't he? I'm thinking about the guy who's eating all that roe from the fish. Kind of looks like Bob Dylan. I probably shouldn't have tried to watch 2 seasons at once as I'm getting the people confused. I think if they do another season, I'm going to wait til its over and watch the whole thing. It's a much better show if I can watch it back to back.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:09 PM 01-20-2017
Actually I think that guy already tapped, didn't he? I'm thinking about the guy who's eating all that roe from the fish. Kind of looks like Bob Dylan. I probably shouldn't have tried to watch 2 seasons at once as I'm getting the people confused. I think if they do another season, I'm going to wait til its over and watch the whole thing. It's a much better show if I can watch it back to back.
I know who you're thinking of, but he isnt the guy I'm talking about

The "calorie conserver" has sandy blonde hair and always comes off kinda grumpy... I would love a chance to attempt that show, the loneliness wouldnt bother me at all, it would be all about getting enough food for me
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:21 PM 01-20-2017
Just finished watching 'Sneaky Pete' on Amazon. Love it. It's kind of like 'The Sting'.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/sneaky_pete/s01/
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:08 AM 01-21-2017
If you're not watching "Six" on History Channel, you're missing out... caught the premier episode the other day and it looks like its gonna be a winner
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:25 PM 01-21-2017
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Just finished watching 'Sneaky Pete' on Amazon. Love it. It's kind of like 'The Sting'.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/sneaky_pete/s01/
Was wondering if anyone had watched that yet.

Thinking about watching Frontier on Netflix, as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:28 PM 01-21-2017
I'm beginning to believe Keg has a Nielsen box at his place, lol
[Reply]
Page 22 of 171
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up