ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Logical (Jim)
Son of Logical 02:39 PM 04-29-2009
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.
[Reply]
38yrsfan 03:42 PM 04-29-2009
So sorry to hear .... is there anything anyone can do? something from the board that would be meaningful to him?
[Reply]
Jmart 03:44 PM 04-29-2009
Very good guy. Hoping for the best.
[Reply]
Cannibal 03:47 PM 04-29-2009
Logical is probably my favorite poster on this board and he's a really good guy. Please accept my humble sentiments wishing him the best and hoping that he will pull through this situation.
[Reply]
joesomebody 03:49 PM 04-29-2009
God bless. I wish you and yours nothing but the best.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:51 PM 04-29-2009
Good ol Vlad...one of the orignals at the Star, ond one of the oriiginals and cornerstones of the planet...funny, witty, intelligent, logical and honorable.. a man of conviction, fortitude and principle.. a great debater, an awesome contrarion and a top notch pot stirrer. not afraid to go against and with the grain, depending on the circumstances..would pile on then turn around and stand shoulder to shoulder with meme against all takers...

He could be proud, arrogant and abrasive...we would tease him about his wealth, but he could back it up and he had reason to be proud.. a beautiful home, a successful career and his children..he shined when talking about his kids, the emotion would come through, even though it was through a somewhat impersonal medium..

He was a giver, and he cared....always the first to donate to Kyle, always the first to write a check to 37Forever... even though work wouldn't permit his atrendance, I truly know he wanted to be there.. He made it out to the first planet tailgate..I remember being surprised how tall he was ..I'm glad I got a pic of us togehter...the last time you could tell he wasn't feeling well...but there he was, travleing while sick just to meet and hang with the planet...

He called me a few years ago, saw something in a post that concerned him..just to see if everything was ok...I'll never forget that as long as I live...we agreed and disagreed on many things, but he made me think and he defintely kept me on my toes...hell..all of us..I miss and will miss him very much. I'm fortunate and blessed to call him my friend

May God Bless you and keep you and your family Jimbo. Welcome home my friend. Welcome home.
[Reply]
AZChief 03:51 PM 04-29-2009
I'm sorry to hear about your father's condition and pray for a speedy recovery.

When I lost my father, the outpouring from the Notre Dame Football message board (where he was a "regular") was amazing and really helped my family get through a trying time.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours...

D
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:55 PM 04-29-2009
Jim was (is) one of my favorite posters. Be sure to let him know he will be missed around here.

Thanks for letting us know the situation. Don't be a stranger yourself!
[Reply]
kstater 03:58 PM 04-29-2009
Wow. Thoughts and prayers to Logical and his family.
[Reply]
Mr. Krab 04:00 PM 04-29-2009
So sorry. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:00 PM 04-29-2009
He gave me my first neg rep,he'll always be remembered by the people of Chiefs Planet. This is sad anytime we lose a member of the community. Feels like you're losing a member of your own family. May God be with you Vlad.
[Reply]
RNR 04:01 PM 04-29-2009
This is the last thing your Dad said to me "Happy Thanksgiving to one of the nicest Raider fans I sort of know" I took that as a compliment :-). I have always got along with your Dad and hope he beats the odds. If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!
[Reply]
Stewie 04:01 PM 04-29-2009
Prayers your way.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 04:02 PM 04-29-2009
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
This is the last thing your Dad said to me "Happy Thanksgiving to one of the nicest Raider fans I sort of know" I took that as a compliment :-). I have always got along with your Dad and hope he beats the odds. If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!
He'll be the charter member.
[Reply]
KC Dan 04:03 PM 04-29-2009
I had the extreme pleasure to meet and spend some time talking to your dad. He is a good man and I spread my prayers and good thoughts to you, your dad and your entire family.
[Reply]
Joie 04:09 PM 04-29-2009
Prayers are sent. Please give him our love. Your Dad is one of the most respected members of this site.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up