staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:15 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Bwahahaha that's brilliant from AB :-)

Anyway I've seen a kid who has Clark's range from three but also has great shot creation and ball handling skills even at just 15 years old. She already has 20 plus college offers on the table too. Her name is Kaleena Smith. Incredible talent and I hope she gets to go against Juju before she leaves for the wnba.

BTW someone should start a womens basketball thread for those of us who will start watching it now :-) .
And I bet she's white since you brought her up!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:58 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
And I bet she's white since you brought her up!

Please bet your whole life savings chump :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:28 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by BigRock:
I can't remember if it was Doyell or Dennis Dodd. But way back when the Chiefs squeaked into the 2006 playoffs at the last minute, one of them wrote a column about going out to eat that night and his waitress was excited about the Chiefs getting in. And he mocked this random woman in his column for being excited about her team. It was gross.

So **** Gregg Doyell. Even though it might not have been him. He's a douche either way.
Both those guys are idiots, so you're good either way.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:43 PM 04-18-2024
nike gave her 20 million

hard to believe she was only going to make 70 something thousand as the first overall pick in the wnba draft
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:59 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
nike gave her 20 million

hard to believe she was only going to make 70 something thousand as the first overall pick in the wnba draft
WNBA brings in like $200 million in annual revenue. So she’s getting fair market value in her league.

For a comparison, Major League Soccer generates $2 BILLION in annual revenue.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:52 AM 04-19-2024
Please bet your whole life savings chump :-)
It was sarcasm. Most of the hate CC gets is because of skin color
[Reply]
Shields68 07:57 AM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
WNBA brings in like $200 million in annual revenue. So she’s getting fair market value in her league.

For a comparison, Major League Soccer generates $2 BILLION in annual revenue.
Pretty sure wnba lose money every year.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 07:58 AM 04-19-2024
nike gave her 20 million

She could always try out for an NBA team.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:24 AM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Pretty sure wnba lose money every year.
They do… the WNBA has yet to generate a profit in the nearly 30 year existence of the league.

The NBA covers their operating losses.

Yes, the “evil” “toxic masculinity” of the NBA continues to make it possible for the WNBA to even exist.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:09 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Women need to watch. It can’t just be dudes keeping women’s sports alive.

There’s some lesbian sports bar in Portland that only shows women’s sporting events. At least they’re leading by example. I couldn’t get my wife to watch a WNBA game for anything. She will willingly watch the Royals. Never seen her tune in for a softball game.
I have watched a few games. They are boring, slow and no excitement. I almost think it is the wnba itself. The girls were more exciting in college.

Maybe the wnba should purge the old heads. Who also seems to be not liking the status Clark and Reese are getting.

Will be interesting to see how bad she gets fouled by some of them.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:16 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It was sarcasm. Most of the hate CC gets is because of skin color
And what about most of the support and hype? Does her being white have nothing to do with that?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:51 PM 04-19-2024
nike gave her 20 million

the WNBA does not have the cash flow to do more.
She deserves the 20 million. Truthfully, I hope her shoe starts as a womens shoe and then they make a mens version.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:13 PM 04-21-2024
Lol look at this lie

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas-...ana-fever-iowa

Says she sold more jerseys in one day than the entire cowboys roster all year. Lmao, sure.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:33 AM 04-22-2024
And what about most of the support and hype? Does her being white have nothing to do with that?
Kelsey plum
Diana taurasi
Breanna Stewart
Sabrina Ionescu

These are some of the best women's players who are white and haven't don't even remotely the same publicity.she is famous because of her style of play. The same way Steph was famous for his.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:22 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Kelsey plum
Diana taurasi
Breanna Stewart
Sabrina Ionescu

These are some of the best women's players who are white and haven't don't even remotely the same publicity.she is famous because of her style of play. The same way Steph was famous for his.
Two of them have big shoe deals like Clark. And they are the only three women in the sport to have them.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 124
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124 >
Up