ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 782 of 791
« First < 282682732772778779780781782 783784785786 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 PM 04-22-2019
If the draft just really flattens out after pick 15 like they’re saying and you can get Clark while keeping the 2 2nds, it’s pretty much ideal
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:14 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don’t see it.

1. The Seahawks are clearly stubborn as ****.

2. The Chiefs aren’t going to trade for and a pay a guy with a history of domestic violence after the past year.
I think that gets back to the question of why the Seahawks are shopping him. If the elbow is a bigger thing than we think or hes got character issues and dont want to pay him 18 mil a year they will settle.

If they are stubborn and either of those things mentioned are a thing than they are fucking stupid and can settle for a comp pick or be stuck paying a guy 18 mil who's 1 strike away from being really fucked.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the draft just really flattens out after pick 15 like they’re saying and you can get Clark while keeping the 2 2nds, it’s pretty much ideal
Not sure I agree but admittedly I'm not a draft expert. Hell I looked at the Colts draft last year and I thought it was meh. Turns out that might be one of the better drafts in recent memory.

If you have a coaching staff that can develop guys those picks are worth a fuck ton. Probably one of the many reasons Sutton was let go along with his assistants.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:16 PM 04-22-2019
Ansah wouldn’t be a bad stopgap but you could just be getting a broke. Down player that isn’t worth it

Clark is 25 and just getting in the prime of his career

It’s alot to give up for sure but if you get a healthy Clark for 15 games or so per year it’s a good deal. He’s good
You sign Ansah plus draft a DE in the 1st round seems a good alternative to Frank Clark. If ever Ansah gets injured or shows a steep decline, you have got multiple options with that 1st round D-End, Speaks, Kpassagnon and Okafor.

This way you potentially secure the position now but also for the future and for cheap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:27 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I mentioned John Schneider, not Clark’s agent
Okaaaaaay. Why drop his name in a Clark conversation if he's not the agent? Or were you just lamenting the other deal gone south?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 PM 04-22-2019
Hate to tell you this guys, but all the quality pass rushers will be long gone by the time we are on the clock, unless you think Sweat is some hidden gem or want to take a stab at Simmons, which would make zero sense with his own DV stuff going on.

I don’t see any way Tillery, Murphy, Ferrell or any of the other premier players make it to 29. So at this point you have to give up at least a 2nd to move up high enough anyway to have a shot at it.

I get the DV stuff, but as a player Frank Clark has been a top 10 pass rusher the last 3 seasons and that’s not really debatable.

The cap will work itself out. They are going to try to replace high priced players every year to manage cap flexibility. I think the Chiefs will start looking for replacements for guys like LDT, Fisher, Watkins, Hitchens, Honey Badger and maybe Kelce within the next 2 years.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:29 PM 04-22-2019
Ideally you hit on the draft picks.

But if you have an opportunity to grab an elite player in his 25 year old season, especially at pass rusher and going into a season in which you need to be legit on d, it’s fine
I dont think Clark is "elite"...he falls into the very good category. He wants elite $$...no thanks.

Dorsey traded a first this year and landed OB...
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not sure I agree but admittedly I'm not a draft expert. Hell I looked at the Colts draft last year and I thought it was meh. Turns out that might be one of the better drafts in recent memory.

If you have a coaching staff that can develop guys those picks are worth a **** ton. Probably one of the many reasons Sutton was let go along with his assistants.
If the guys at the end of the 2nd are rated on the chiefs board the same as the guys there at 29, trade it for Clark
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I dont think Clark is "elite"...he falls into the very good category. He wants elite $$...no thanks.

Dorsey traded a first this year and landed OB...
In terms of pass rusher, especially one that’s his age he’s pretty much the definition of elite
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:34 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hate to tell you this guys, but all the quality pass rushers will be long gone by the time we are on the clock, unless you think Sweat is some hidden gem or want to take a stab at Simmons, which would make zero sense with his own DV stuff going on.

I don’t see any way Tillery, Murphy, Ferrell or any of the other premier players make it to 29. So at this point you have to give up at least a 2nd to move up high enough anyway to have a shot at it.

I get the DV stuff, but as a player Frank Clark has been a top 10 pass rusher the last 3 seasons and that’s not really debatable.

The cap will work itself out. They are going to try to replace high priced players every year to manage cap flexibility. I think the Chiefs will start looking for replacements for guys like LDT, Fisher, Watkins, Hitchens, Honey Badger and maybe Kelce within the next 2 years.
Huh? Ferrell could be in spitting distance and Ferguson could be there in the 2nd somewhere. Wed have to trade up to get him. Look at every mock draft of guys that fall in the 20s and tell me there isnt a guy the Chiefs could possibly get who will be a good player for a number of years.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:40 PM 04-22-2019
Ideally you hit on the draft picks.

But if you have an opportunity to grab an elite player in his 25 year old season, especially at pass rusher and going into a season in which you need to be legit on d, it’s fine
Frank Clark isn’t an elite player, though. He’s probably a top 15 edge guy in the league. A nice guy to have on your defense and maybe I’m wrong...but I think many here are overrating him.
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Huh? Ferrell could be in spitting distance and Ferguson could be there in the 2nd somewhere. Wed have to trade up to get him. Look at every mock draft of guys that fall in the 20s and tell me there isnt a guy the Chiefs could possibly get who will be a good player for a number of years.
If they trade for Clark that says a lot about what they think this class is or what they think about where the guys will go.

I would rather have clowney myself but Clark’s a good olayer
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:21 PM 04-22-2019
Over half of 2nd round picks turn into absolute jokes. Give them a 2nd this year and next and smile like bandits for getting a 25 year old very good player.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:21 PM 04-22-2019
Piss on Clowney
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:22 PM 04-22-2019
Add a some secondary help in round 1 and a good piece in round 2...uh oh
[Reply]
Page 782 of 791
« First < 282682732772778779780781782 783784785786 > Last »
Up