ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 209
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
The Lounge>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

This is in support of the Penny 4 NASA project. If you enjoy anything you learned from this thread, consider making a donation and signing the petition.

http://www.penny4nasa.org/

Why should I care?:


[Reply]
alnorth 03:59 PM 02-05-2014
Pretty sure that girl is trolling everyone. She probably is on the other side and tried to think of a question that we might believe would be asked, but would also be idiotic. She went too far, even the Catholic Church is on board with heliocentrism.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 04:28 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Pretty sure that girl is trolling everyone. She probably is on the other side and tried to think of a question that we might believe would be asked, but would also be idiotic. She went too far, even the Catholic Church is on board with heliocentrism.
Its the beauty of a sunset argument. Heard it a 1000 times. I see god in all the beauty around me. How can you not see a sunset and know god did that?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:35 PM 02-05-2014
Pretty cool illustration showing that prime numbers follow a fractal pattern.

http://www.jasondavies.com/primos/

And I'll ask again to please keep the creation vs evolution discussion in the DC thread and not clog up yet another thread with that shit.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:37 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Pretty cool illustration showing that prime numbers follow a fractal pattern.

http://www.jasondavies.com/primos/

And I'll ask again to please keep the creation vs evolution discussion in the DC thread and not clog up yet another thread with that shit.
Cool drawing! Kinda gave me a headache, but cool just the same...
[Reply]
TheUte 04:42 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Pretty cool illustration showing that prime numbers follow a fractal pattern.

http://www.jasondavies.com/primos/

And I'll ask again to please keep the creation vs evolution discussion in the DC thread and not clog up yet another thread with that shit.
Thanks that is cool. So I'm not a math guy, squeaked by calculus in College.

How does prime correlate/relate to PI? or does it not?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:43 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
Thanks that is cool. So I'm not a math guy, squeaked by calculus in College.

How does prime correlate/relate to PI? or does it not?
Heh, don't ask me. I'm in advertising.
[Reply]
TheUte 04:46 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Heh, don't ask me. I'm in advertising.
I ask because if I remember correctly PI is a perfect circle and that prime graph looked like half of circles.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 05:09 PM 02-05-2014
EDIT Mis-read post.
[Reply]
J Diddy 05:37 PM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
Thanks that is cool. So I'm not a math guy, squeaked by calculus in College.

How does prime correlate/relate to PI? or does it not?
Yes it does. Generally they always call PI on Optimus.

Kinda bull shit.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:28 PM 02-05-2014
I know i have contributed to it in pages past, but can we leave all the creation debating out of this bad ass thread?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:48 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by jiveturkey:
Depends on who you're friends with on Facebook. I have more than one lunatic and when I first saw some postings this morning I was lead to believe that Mr. Nye threw a curse filled tantrum and gave up.






Originally Posted by Fish:
No, Nye didn't throw a curse filled tantrum. He never even cursed or lost his composure in any way.

I thought he pretty clearly won the debate. Ham didn't really try and put forth any evidence at all.

Plus, when Pat Roberts essentially says quit talking crazy, you're making the rest of us look bad, it's a pretty good indicator as to who won...
Here you don't have to take anyone else's skewed opinion on the matter.
I thought it was rather silly that Hamm kept showing small clips of other scientists introducing themselves that took his position. That's great, but it doesn't bolster your argument really- it may Inform people about others that agree with his Side, but that time is better spent providing evidence and facts to support his position.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Yeah, this thread is generally pretty cool. So why don't we keep the creation vs evolution debate in the DC thread that already exists.
THIS!
[Reply]
tiptap 09:02 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
Thanks that is cool. So I'm not a math guy, squeaked by calculus in College.

How does prime correlate/relate to PI? or does it not?
It states on the site that the programmer uses a PERIODIC function to produce the curves. So of course they are related to PI and circles as it is a cosine sine or exponential functions. The point of the different curves meeting at a number is to demonstrate the nature of that number as related to being a prime or deficient or abundant numbers; all related to number theory but the curves are arbitrary.
[Reply]
Fish 12:11 PM 02-09-2014
This photograph was taken by the Curiosity rover from the surface of Mars. This is literally a photograph of our planet taken by a nuclear powered remote control car, on the surface of another planet.

Yeah Science!



Big version:
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA17936.jpg
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:48 PM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
This photograph was taken by the Curiosity rover from the surface of Mars. This is literally a photograph of our planet taken by a nuclear powered remote control car, on the surface of another planet.

Yeah Science!



Big version:
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA17936.jpg
Sometimes we lose perspective, don't we? Wow, that's earth or I have a bad bad pixel on this laptop! Ha!!
[Reply]
Page 88 of 209
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up