ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 209
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
The Lounge>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

This is in support of the Penny 4 NASA project. If you enjoy anything you learned from this thread, consider making a donation and signing the petition.

http://www.penny4nasa.org/

Why should I care?:


[Reply]
jiveturkey 03:46 PM 03-07-2014
Europa has more water than us!!!


[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:35 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
I agree, an iPhone is slightly better than 1880s technology...

:-)
[Reply]
chefsos 12:09 PM 03-09-2014
I'm assuming you guys will be watching Cosmos tonight? I will.

It'll be like science porn.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:52 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by chefsos:
I'm assuming you guys will be watching Cosmos tonight? I will.

It'll be like science porn.
Very excited about it.
[Reply]
hometeam 01:17 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by chefsos:
I'm assuming you guys will be watching Cosmos tonight? I will.

It'll be like science porn.
To go along with it, they are also re-airing all of the original cosmos on discover.

DVR is gonna be rockin.


Love Sagan, Love NDGT.

I want my little baby to grow up and be just like NDGT :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:43 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by hometeam:
To go along with it, they are also re-airing all of the original cosmos on discover.

DVR is gonna be rockin.


Love Sagan, Love NDGT.

I want my little baby to grow up and be just like NDGT :-)
When?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:03 PM 03-09-2014
Cosmos is one of my favorite things. I have the entire series on DVD. I just plowed through it a few weeks ago before I even knew they were airing a new version. I like Tyson, but I don't think he'll be able to bring the pathos and eloquence that Carl Sagan did. That series was every bit as poetic as it was scientific.

I'll watch it, but doing so will probably just make me miss Sagan that much more. The world needs more people like him.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 06:09 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Cosmos is one of my favorite things. I have the entire series on DVD. I just plowed through it a few weeks ago before I even knew they were airing a new version. I like Tyson, but I don't think he'll be able to bring the pathos and eloquence that Carl Sagan did. That series was every bit as poetic as it was scientific.

I'll watch it, but doing so will probably just make me miss Sagan that much more. The world needs more people like him.
Completely agree. I listen to NDG's podcast, and I like him, but no one compares to Sagan's eloquence. It's cheesy as hell, but I find it very mysterious and soothing at the same time.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:19 PM 03-09-2014
I saw this yesterday and thought that it looked pretty freaking cool.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/spee...ry?id=22819573
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:35 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by chefsos:
I'm assuming you guys will be watching Cosmos tonight? I will.

It'll be like science porn.
As cool as it is for my old ass, sitting here watching my nine-year-old watching with amazement is truly awesome!

THAT'S what I hope the primary goal of the show is, and if it is, it's working to a "T"!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Cosmos is one of my favorite things. I have the entire series on DVD. I just plowed through it a few weeks ago before I even knew they were airing a new version. I like Tyson, but I don't think he'll be able to bring the pathos and eloquence that Carl Sagan did. That series was every bit as poetic as it was scientific.

I'll watch it, but doing so will probably just make me miss Sagan that much more. The world needs more people like him.
I remember Neal from the John Stewart show. My son wants to study under him. I'm really grateful to him in bringing physics and astrophysics into our life's.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:47 PM 03-09-2014
Love this show.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:11 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
When?
Been playing all day on discover, and they changed the name a bit like 'The original Cosmos' and its listed with a 2014 release date.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:16 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I remember Neal from the John Stewart show. My son wants to study under him. I'm really grateful to him in bringing physics and astrophysics into our life's.
The man is amazing. Pop star of physics.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:21 PM 03-09-2014
surprise somebody isn't protesting the Cosmos shows


science is teh devil's work
[Reply]
Page 108 of 209
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up