ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 58
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

Sweet Daddy Hate 07:34 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
No ... no, I did not have cotton in my ears. The girl next door wasn't feeling well so I was giving her a dose of penicillin.

(Actually, I remember that whole deal very well. Posted about it, in fact. When Wally speaks, FAX listens.)

FAX THE EVER ALERT
:-)

Thank you Mr. Fax. You ARE attentive when it comes to Wally. I think it's a given that we'll be eyeing a rushing DE in the upcoming draft to help shore things up.
St. Patty's Fire 07:34 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Fuck the Chiefs jerseys put the rest of the league to shame :-)
Stryker 07:36 PM 03-11-2019
However, the bad news is we need CB's and DE's and a Center. Do not know how the Chiefs will address this. My main concerns.
ForeverChiefs58 07:37 PM 03-11-2019
PFF KC Chiefs
@PFF_Chiefs
Of Tyrann Mathieu’s 6 touchdowns allowed:

Slot Corner: 2
Box Safety: 4 (1 in Postseason)
Free Safety: 0
threebag 07:39 PM 03-11-2019
No ... no, I did not have cotton in my ears. The girl next door wasn't feeling well so I was giving her a dose of penicillin.

(Actually, I remember that whole deal very well. Posted about it, in fact. When Wally speaks, FAX listens.)

FAX THE EVER ALERT
I think that’s PENISillin
scho63 07:39 PM 03-11-2019
This defense is going to look a WHOLE LOT different than last year; Thank God! :-)
FAX 07:40 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The team spent the entire last offseason harping on a change in the attitude of the defense because they were soft. Realistically that wasn't going to be changed/improved immediately. This signing clearly takes us another step in the right direction.

He immediately becomes my favorite Chiefs defensive player.
Maybe so (referring to the part I bolded up, there) ... but to my eyes, it appeared we got even softer.

I know. I know. It doesn't seem possible, but I think we did. I did very little bragging about our defense last year. In fact, when the subject came up at dinner parties, I always changed the subject to Neiman Marcus' sale on men's' pajama bottoms. My friends learned a whole lot about pajamas last season.

FAX
T-post Tom 07:42 PM 03-11-2019
NFL network says he became a big free agent recruiter for the Texans after he was signed with them last year. Hope he still rolls like that. Great pick up
CasselGotPeedOn 07:42 PM 03-11-2019
I'm glad we signed this piece of shit
ForeverChiefs58 07:42 PM 03-11-2019
Some top remaining uncommitted free agents:
* Le’Veon Bell
* Earl Thomas
* C.J. Mosley
* Matt Paradis
* Sheldon Richardson
* Golden Tate
* Za’Darius Smith
* Ja’Waun James
* Tyrell Williams
* Teddy Bridgewater
* Justin Houston
* Adrian Amos
DRM08 07:43 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Stryker:
This is an awesome signing. Chiefs fans need to rejoice. Cut Berry and see what the Badger can do. I am from Baton Rouge and love the Badger. He will bring the wood. You heard it here first. He will thrive in this new defense. Just wait. Love this signing. To OVER pay for the others is not worth it by any means.
He is a hell of a player when healthy. $14m per year is pretty big risk for a guy with injury history. If they cut Berry, I guess they figure they are just replacing one injury-prone safety with another one. And maybe the new one will be able to stay healthier.
threebag 07:44 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
Some top remaining uncommitted free agents:
* Le’Veon Bell
* Earl Thomas
* C.J. Mosley
* Matt Paradis
* Sheldon Richardson
* Golden Tate
* Za’Darius Smith
* Ja’Waun James
* Tyrell Williams
* Teddy Bridgewater
* Justin Houston
* Adrian Amos
Kind of sad seeing J Houston on there. Especially before Berry and Co.
Marcellus 07:45 PM 03-11-2019
I'm having a hard time getting upset about this.
FAX 07:45 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Stryker:
However, the bad news is we need CB's and DE's and a Center. Do not know how the Chiefs will address this. My main concerns.
Dude ... we have a center. Three of them, in fact. And one of them is pretty damn good.

As for CBs ... yes. Same with DEs. It would also be nice to find a 'backer who could replace that dumbass, slowpoke, half-broke, born-to-choke, total-joke, moron Ragland.

Thankfully, this is one of the best defensive drafts in ... maybe 5 years or more.

FAX
TwistedChief 07:46 PM 03-11-2019
Maybe so (referring to the part I bolded up, there) ... but to my eyes, it appeared we got even softer.

I know. I know. It doesn't seem possible, but I think we did. I did very little bragging about our defense last year. In fact, when the subject came up at dinner parties, I always changed the subject to Neiman Marcus' sale on men's' pajama bottoms. My friends learned a whole lot about pajamas last season.

FAX
Totally. In hindsight we seemed even softer. But we ditched the Peters of the world and the Hitchens were supposed to be more physical and allegedly Speaks had never been knocked off his feet in a game (except for the fact that his most well-known moment was rolling on the ground). This is "Brett Veach Fix the Defense: Act 2."

After this season, we'll have enough to judge Veach on his own merits, good or bad. This signing can go a long way in determining the flavor of his report card.
Page 22 of 58
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up