ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 58
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

staylor26 07:19 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I'm torn on this signing.

On one hand, TM is an outstanding Safety and he plays the position we have the greatest need at. I'm not gonna be mad at elite talent being added to the team.

On the other hand, holy shit did we overpay for him. Not just a little... a LOT when you consider that his contract is little more than a stopgap with an exit after two seasons. If KC was looking for a stopgap solution... why not go harder on Weddle who signed a 2 year deal for $10.5? Sure, Weddle is 34 and the Honey Badger is 26 but is he really worth an extra 9 million per season?

I sure would have loved to see that $9m go towards another FA like Za'Darius Smith who can rush the QB from the outside... especially with Houston now gone.
Uhh they did go after Weddle.
-King- 07:20 PM 03-11-2019
Says 14M guaranteed here

pugsnotdrugs19 07:21 PM 03-11-2019
14M guaranteed is can’t be right. That’d be terrible for him.
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:21 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
I"m happy with this signing. I hope this means they plan to get rid of EB.
They do, and I'm getting sick of reading speculations to the contrary:

"WULD TEH HONEY BADGER AND URIC BURY MAKE TEH BEST SAFETY TANDEM IN TEH LEAGUE DERP-DERP-DERP"!?!?!?!?

No, no they would not. You would have one kick ass safety and one hobbling gimp who manifests the Hobospirit "day to day".

Puke.
O.city 07:21 PM 03-11-2019
It’s better to have these short term deals. No more 5 years shit
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:23 PM 03-11-2019

Looking good, @Mathieu_Era pic.twitter.com/SJgyNyTgIg

— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) March 12, 2019

threebag 07:23 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Remember Edelman motioning the field? A lot of times he was motioning away from Kendall Fuller.

They obviously watched Edelman burn the shit out of Ward in the middle of the field and knew they had to get this guy.

I really like Ward, but he should be an outside corner full time.
Seems most of those passes didn’t have as much window as you’re talkin bout Willis

Couch-Potato 07:24 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think he misspoke. Meant 14 million per year, not guaranteed.
That's what I was thinking too
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:25 PM 03-11-2019
Are we bitching about the money or NOT bitching about the money? You people are a confusing lot.
tmax63 07:25 PM 03-11-2019
I love the attitude change coming. It's hard to wash off the stank of being a "31" defense. Change in defensive leadership, both coaching and players, and some new faces are the steps required and the Chiefs seem intent on doing just that. It's not my money so I hope they keep it up.
Mephistopheles Janx 07:26 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
If KC was looking for a stopgap solution... why not go harder on Weddle who signed a 2 year deal for $10.5? Sure, Weddle is 34 and the Honey Badger is 26 but is he really worth an extra 9 million per season?
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Uhh they did go after Weddle.
I acknowledged that the team did go after Weddle by suggesting they might have gone harder.

Someone else posted that he really wanted to be on the West Coast and no amount of money would sway him. If so... kudos to him. I wonder how resolute he would have been in that stance had the Chiefs offered him $8m per year and still saved $6m to throw at another FA.

/edit - Don't misundertand... I'm not unhappy about the signing. Just cognizant of how much it cost to get him here and wonder what else could have been had for the same money.
Stryker 07:27 PM 03-11-2019
This is an awesome signing. Chiefs fans need to rejoice. Cut Berry and see what the Badger can do. I am from Baton Rouge and love the Badger. He will bring the wood. You heard it here first. He will thrive in this new defense. Just wait. Love this signing. To OVER pay for the others is not worth it by any means.
FAX 07:29 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Was nobody paying attention when Andy Reid said the pass rush was coming from the gut and not the outside? Did everyone have cotton in their ears that day?
No ... no, I did not have cotton in my ears. The girl next door wasn't feeling well so I was giving her a dose of penicillin.

(Actually, I remember that whole deal very well. Posted about it, in fact. When Wally speaks, FAX listens.)

FAX THE EVER ALERT
Megbert 07:30 PM 03-11-2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.a45ee76ef98e

Good read. Long but worth it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
TwistedChief 07:32 PM 03-11-2019
The team spent the entire last offseason harping on a change in the attitude of the defense because they were soft. Realistically that wasn't going to be changed/improved immediately. This signing clearly takes us another step in the right direction.

He immediately becomes my favorite Chiefs defensive player.
Page 21 of 58
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up