ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 207
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
penguinz 05:45 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You'd be proud of me. I have some whiskey tasting glasses now.
What kind did you get?

I will be getting some Norlan glasses soon.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:58 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by penguinz:
What kind did you get?

I will be getting some Norlan glasses soon.

1 of the above Buffalo Trace and 2 Glencairn Whiskey Glasses.

Nothing fancy like you.
[Reply]
shitgoose 06:35 PM 09-05-2016
I had thought I had tried the sweet wheat but I realize now it was a different 1792 and I think it was the full proof? But not sure. How many different 1792 bourbons do they run?

Penguinz you know?
Small batch
Sweet wheat
Full proof
Single barrel

I think that's the 1792 lineup
[Reply]
shitgoose 06:39 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I have the Noah's Mill on my bar right now, but I did love the Rowan's when I had it.
I have the Noah's Mill as well. I think it's pretty much the same mash bill as the Rowan's but aged longer. I think Rowans is a 12 year and the Noah's is a 15 year.

Quite a difference in price and availability for the extra 3 years.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:48 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Small batch
Sweet wheat
Full proof
Single barrel

I think that's the 1792 lineup
We had a bottle of small batch then.
[Reply]
srvy 07:02 PM 09-05-2016
No harm there buddy. I go with a big 1.75L bottle of Evan Williams ($16) when I make mixed drinks here using whiskey. You don't always have to have to expensive stuff!

Enjoy your night!
Yep same for me Evan Williams Black is aok in my book for a daily drinker though im not a daily drinker anymore. I keep several bottles of single barrel for weekends and special occasions but not four roses its just not smooth with a proper finish. I have sampled so many small batch Bourbons, many I like some I just really liked all but the price for the money I am never disappointing with Buffalo Trace.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:05 PM 09-05-2016
It's ok to not like the same things. Have you had Maker's 46? Or the 4 roses single barrel? They are both better IMO than regular Maker's.

It's ok to be wrong, Flopnuts! :-)
:-) I'm halfway in bruh. You don't want to do this again. Maker's is my go to. I like 46 enough. 4 roses single barrel is good, but not worth the price to drink it regularly. I just love me some Maker's.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:07 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I've seen a lot of ppl mention four roses here. It's not bad but I have to say I absolutely prefer either Makers or Bulliet, really. Roses seems to have a little too much thump for me.
Yeah, I really enjoy Bulliet as well.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:09 PM 09-05-2016
No harm there buddy. I go with a big 1.75L bottle of Evan Williams ($16) when I make mixed drinks here using whiskey. You don't always have to have to expensive stuff!

Enjoy your night!
Oh. You're a broke dick then. No harm, no foul. You do work in a service position. Just not a highly paid one. If you drank Makers with any consistency you'd know how fucking good it is. Plebe. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:13 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Not a fan of wheated bourbons so I always go for something other than makers, but, if you like Makers then Larceny is a decent alternative.
Larceny was good enough it got a selfie. Very good.
Attached: IMG_20160902_212935947.jpg (34.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Oh. You're a broke dick then. No harm, no foul. You do work in a service position. Just not a highly paid one. If you drank Makers with any consistency you'd know how fucking good it is. Plebe. :-)
Jesus dude.

A bit below the belt.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:32 PM 09-05-2016
Jesus dude.

A bit below the belt.
:-) You're a fucking rockstar bro. I was just playing. No harm intended. I tried to pad it. I love you bro.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:26 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yep same for me Evan Williams Black is aok in my book for a daily drinker though im not a daily drinker anymore. I keep several bottles of single barrel for weekends and special occasions but not four roses its just not smooth with a proper finish. I have sampled so many small batch Bourbons, many I like some I just really liked all but the price for the money I am never disappointing with Buffalo Trace.
My friend told me Evan Williams single barrell is really good. Is this true?
[Reply]
scho63 04:17 AM 09-06-2016
I'm not a big Bourbon drinker and I can't find anything on this so I'll just ask, has any had Jim Beam Apple and how is it?
[Reply]
Bewbies 06:34 AM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm not a big Bourbon drinker and I can't find anything on this so I'll just ask, has any had Jim Beam Apple and how is it?
Too many men and not enough women here to get an answer to a question like this.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 207
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up